Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dudy attendance today

vCash

Dudy attendance today

How bout 14,200 in attendance today. 10th largest ever

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Can DN hold 20,000?

If so that needs to be the goal at the regional.

One game - 20K

vCash
    No, pretty sure fire Marshall wouldn't allow. 15,000 is massive at the Dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No, pretty sure fire Marshall wouldn't allow. 15,000 is massive at the Dude.
    I dont think we are limited at 15K with the design of the ballpark. W could get close to 20
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    #DudyNoble20,000

Let?s speak it into existence.

That would be a huge accomplishment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Can DN hold 20,000?

If so that needs to be the goal at the regional.

One game - 20K
    I'm sure we could make it work. The biggest issue with that kind of crowd is you would have so many SRO we would almost have to put in some temporary bleachers for people to see the game. Otherwise there would be some massive thongs of people in that area above the bullpen and by Adkerson Plaza and even under the stands it would be very crowded if I had to guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm sure we could make it work. The biggest issue with that kind of crowd is you would have so many SRO we would almost have to put in some temporary bleachers for people to see the game. Otherwise there would be some massive thongs of people in that area above the bullpen and by Adkerson Plaza and even under the stands it would be very crowded if I had to guess.
    Stock up on Depends. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HogsandDogs View Post
    Stock up on Depends. Lol
    LOL. Yikes!

vCash
    You get much above 15K and the dude is miserable unless you have a lounge or reserved seat. Even then don?t try to go pee or get concessions.

That being said, 20K is doable. About 5K would just be in the park and unable to see the game.

I?ve always thought we should do a super bulldog weekend baseball game at Davis Wade and try to get 60K.

vCash
    I watch a lot of other ESPN+ broadcasts of SEC baseball. Usually those broadcasts have announcers that are affiliated with the home team. It always cracks me up when these announcers start bragging of the huge crowds at their games. They brag that they have 4000-7000 for a Saturday game. Yes Texas A&M Arkansas Kentucky and Tennessee the finger points at you. I know crowds at the Dude shouldn’t be judge as a big deal but imo it is a big a very big deal. It is one thing that nobody else in the SEC can touch. Especially true that there is NO major metropolitan cities within a 2 hour drive of the Dude to draw crowds from. Unlike Fayetteville Baton Rouge Knoxville and Lexington.

vCash
    Unless, you guys have a difference experience than me, at least 50% of the crowd is there purely to socialize, so I don't not having a good view is a big deal to many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post

I?ve always thought we should do a super bulldog weekend baseball game at Davis Wade and try to get 60K.
    That should be doable, but we'd have such gimmicky dimensions that I can't imagine the SEC allowing it for a conference game. Maybe we could play Jackson State or someone on that level there. But it would be kinda weird - like play a nonconference game on Saturday at noon, while the Saturday game of our weekend series is that night at Dudy Noble.

vCash
    Anything above 12-13K is miserable in the new stadium for everyone. You cannot move around at all. I thought Notre Dame game 1 of the SR was as packed as we could get that stadium but then they went over by a thousand more people for the OM game. It is just not an enjoyable experience at that point. Especially with the heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Unless, you guys have a difference experience than me, at least 50% of the crowd is there purely to socialize, so I don't not having a good view is a big deal to many.
    Except for the fact that all those people that do not care about viewing the game would actually be able to see it. It would be the people 9-12 deep in the concourses and walkways that could not see.

vCash
    Yes those type crowds can make things packed in. But it really doesn’t bother me because I’m at the Dude for one reason to watch baseball. Those that are there for social scene is fine with me because each and every one of them had to purchase a ticket. Which helps us!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    I watch a lot of other ESPN+ broadcasts of SEC baseball. Usually those broadcasts have announcers that are affiliated with the home team. It always cracks me up when these announcers start bragging of the huge crowds at their games. They brag that they have 4000-7000 for a Saturday game. Yes Texas A&M Arkansas Kentucky and Tennessee the finger points at you. I know crowds at the Dude shouldn?t be judge as a big deal but imo it is a big a very big deal. It is one thing that nobody else in the SEC can touch. Especially true that there is NO major metropolitan cities within a 2 hour drive of the Dude to draw crowds from. Unlike Fayetteville Baton Rouge Knoxville and Lexington.
    One of those is not like the others lol. Arkansas is usually top 5 in attendance and does get above 10,000 for big SEC weekends. Still not 14,000 but more than those other three.

vCash
    Double ticket prices. That would solve it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    One of those is not like the others lol. Arkansas is usually top 5 in attendance and does get above 10,000 for big SEC weekends. Still not 14,000 but more than those other three.
    There is a AA baseball team in Springdale, AR I believe which as you know is very drivable to Fayetteville. That only happens if there is enough population in the area to have a AA team.

Tupelo, MS and Meridian, MS are both probably A ball size and both are over an hour away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Except for the fact that all those people that do not care about viewing the game would actually be able to see it. It would be the people 9-12 deep in the concourses and walkways that could not see.
    Exactly. I remember at the old stadium when we had massive crowds like that they actually had to open the Hump for people if it got too hot and I remember they would bring in a massive screen so fans could watch by the Palmeiro Center.

vCash
    Exactly. I remember at the old stadium when we had massive crowds like that they actually had to open the Hump for people if it got too hot and I remember they would bring in a massive screen so fans could watch by the Palmeiro Center.
    Yes, I remember they did that on SBW for several years. With the renovations to the Hump this past year, the street behind right field was rerouted and the portion immediately behind Dudy Noble is no longer used (they have it posted off). There's is definitely extra room back there now and something similar to what you're referring to could be done in that area.