Thread: Hotels

vCash

Hotels

Anybody having any luck? I can't find any

vCash
    Make sure you are looking in Southaven, Hernando, Horn Lake, Olive Branch and not just Tennessee.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I booked a room in olive branch with no problems. Kinda figured it would be hard to stay in Memphis (not that i really wanted to.)

vCash
    Be sure to check the liberty bowl site if you haven't. I'm certain they have blocks of hotel rooms committed and the only way you can access those may be through the liberty bowl directly.

http://www.libertybowl.org/fan-guide/book-your-hotel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    Anybody having any luck? I can't find any
    You checked hotels.com? I found tons of options. Unless you're a Ritz-Carlton kinda person.
    Olive Branch and Southaven had a few options if you can't find anything in Memphis. I prefer to be outside Memphis myself so I don't end up being on The First 48.
    We're staying at Whispering Woods Hotel & Conference Center in Olive Branch. Looked pretty nice to me, and very good rate.

vCash
    We got rooms at the Holiday Inn Downtown
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    There are several nice hotels in Southaven, Olive Branch area. Several in Southaven, Horn Lake area too at I-55 and Goodman Rd intersection. Plenty of places to eat in those areas too. Very easy drive to the stadium from these.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Holiday Inn Express in Germantown. $144 a night. I stay there anytime my 5 year old has his cardiology appointments. Very nice area and the hotel is fairly new.

vCash
    A couple of suggestion in East Memphis area:

Hilton Memphis @ I-240/Poplar
    Four Points Shertaon @ I-240/Poplar
    Embassy Suites East Memphis @ Poplar/Shady Grove

All have good restaurants in or nearby. All are about a 15 minute drive to Liberty Bowl. Best way is down Park Avenue, then go north on East Parkway to the stadium. Those are within walking/driving distance of some great restaurants, all different prices.

And yes, I'm partial to the 38120 since I spend 50 hours a week here.

vCash
    I booked min immediately after the Egg Bowl and they were all almost sold out. Gonna be tough now. For the 07 game, my group waited way too late. We got some very sketchy looking hotel right near downtown. The positive is that since it was NYE it was full of "not ordinary" guest to this hotel and made us feel safer. Strength in numbers and such...

vCash
    Looks like the Marriotts downtown have a few rooms... about $200 per night though. There are three of them right next to each and all are nice...Courtyard, SleepInn and Springhill...if you perfer downtown. Other than that, I would suggest the Poplar/Ridgeway area or Southaven at I55/Goodman. The Southaven hotels will be the best bargain and near most any shopping or restaurant you could want. Also, Southaven is a short drive to downtown and the Liberty Bowl.