Thread: Pico with another good outing

vCash

Pico with another good outing

Typical road for somebody coming off an injury and they are rusty. Look great one outing- not so much the following outing. He had a really good outing tonight and we stretched him out a little more to about 60 pitches. This dude could be big down the stretch in postseason .

He throws 90 and has a good change. This guy giving us an inning or two here and there is huge. Auger goes 4 IP?s in Game 3 and then Pico follows with 2 IP?s behind him for a solid 6 IP?s would be what this team needs to win in postseason
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yeah 2 out of last 3 outings he's been really good. His stuff is excellent when he's commanding it and that change up is nasty. He could be a huge help for us.

vCash
    Yeah. I was hoping his outing against Memphis was just a bad outing. Thankfully that appears to be the case.

I would like to see us use him as the Sunday guy starting against Arkansas. Would give him a little extra rest between starts. Then Auger can go back to the bullpen and be the relief ace.

We all thought Dohm was the wild card with this team but it looks like it's really Pico.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Typical road for somebody coming off an injury and they are rusty. Look great one outing- not so much the following outing. He had a really good outing tonight and we stretched him out a little more to about 60 pitches. This dude could be big down the stretch in postseason .

He throws 90 and has a good change. This guy giving us an inning or two here and there is huge. Auger goes 4 IP?s in Game 3 and then Pico follows with 2 IP?s behind him for a solid 6 IP?s would be what this team needs to win in postseason
    That's the best he's been no doubt. Keep progressing and we have something

vCash
    Heading into May, this is the staff:

Starter
    (1) Stephen - RHP
    (2) CJ - RHP
    (3) Auger - RHP

Staff, Relievers by Order of current momentum
    (4) Hardin - RHP
    (5) Davis - LHP
    (6) Pico - LHP
    (7) Shulke - RHP
    (8) Ligon - RHP

Wildcard
    (9) Dohm - RHP

Inning Chewers
    (10) Stevens - LHP
    (11) Siary - RHP

Ultra Inning Chewer
    (12) Holcombe - RHP

Most teams only use 6 to 7 pitcher when they reach tournament games.

vCash
    He's had one good outing. Alcorn was a nothing and he wasn't good the next time out. But, he looks as good as the next guy in longer relief right now. If you can throw strikes consistently, you've got a spot in that group. The goal is to have arms ready come post season. He'll throw postseason relief no doubt. Sucks we can't get anything out of Loftin. Dohm should have a chance to throw post season unless he chooses to sit out.
    Now get Powell to catcher & pray Larry and Kohler get it going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Heading into May, this is the staff:

Starter
    (1) Stephen - RHP
    (2) CJ - RHP
    (3) Auger - RHP

Staff, Relievers by Order of current momentum
    (4) Hardin - RHP
    (5) Davis - LHP
    (6) Pico - LHP
    (7) Shulke - RHP
    (8) Ligon - RHP

Wildcard
    (9) Dohm - RHP

Inning Chewers
    (10) Stevens - LHP
    (11) Siary - RHP

Ultra Inning Chewer
    (12) Holcombe - RHP

Most teams only use 6 to 7 pitcher when they reach tournament games.
    I hope to never see Holcome in another important inning again...nothing against him, obv, but he's just not trust worthy to bring in with any sort of stakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dohm should have a chance to throw post season unless he chooses to sit out.
    Now get Powell to catcher & pray Larry and Kohler get it going.
    I'll take the lot!*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's had one good outing. Alcorn was a nothing and he wasn't good the next time out. But, he looks as good as the next guy in longer relief right now. If you can throw strikes consistently, you've got a spot in that group. The goal is to have arms ready come post season.
    Here is where the disconnect is between posters that know baseball and people spouting shit.

It's not about that he was pitching against Alcorn. It's the fact that he had really good command and was hitting his spots. He had really good command of his stuff vs Alcorn. He did not vs Memphis. He had good command against Mississippi.

Pitchers and the command they have of their pitches changes every outing. The ones that have good shit and remain consistent are the successful ones. The key for Pico is to grab consistency after being out for 14 months

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I hope to never see Holcome in another important inning again...nothing against him, obv, but he's just not trust worthy to bring in with any sort of stakes.
    But Parker is the reason for our success- why didnt fix Holcombe?
    Last edited by Coach34; 05-02-2024 at 09:22 PM.

vCash
    Bur Parker is the reason for our success- why didnt fix Holcombe?
    Would've loved to see what he could've done with KC, Nixon, Cade, Stinnet, et al....

vCash
    Don't be obtuse. Parker IS CLEARLY a big reason for our success THIS YEAR....but the HC obviously gets all the credit for having the brass to go out to another blue blood and pull him when he, as a sitting HC, was on life support...especially coupled with having to fire his previous PC (and good friend).

Both things can be true.

It's a move that likely saved Lem's career (at least at State), and I'm happy it happened. I've been consistent that I really liked Lemonis and wanted him to figure it out.

vCash
    and let's look at Davis.

He has not increased velo by 3-5 mph since getting to Sville. He hasnt developed a new pitch. Why is he performing better?

He is consistently hitting his spots and keeping the ball out of the happy zone. He is not behind in counts constantly. Credit Parker- he helped make that happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Would've loved to see what he could've done with KC, Nixon, Cade, Stinnet, et al....
    Oh I agree- a different voice sometimes is all a pitcher/hitter needs. I like Parker because his philosophy aligns with mine- its alllll about what a certain pitcher can make the ball do. Its not about spin rates and shit

vCash
    I thought Holcombe would be thriving. Myself. I thought he would be De-Foxxed before all others

Maybe the lad is injured.

vCash
    Oh I agree- a different voice sometimes is all a pitcher/hitter needs. I like Parker because his philosophy aligns with mine- its alllll about what a certain pitcher can make the ball do. Its not about spin rates and shit
    Amen to this! Command and be able to locate your fastball first and attack hitters. Command your off speed stuff so you can throw it for a strike or a chase pitch. It's all about command and location. Maddux put it perfectly "All I can control is pitch selection and location ".

vCash
    Donkey said Parker had him working on the tempo of his delivery (slowing down I think). For whatever reason he just can't get it to be repeatable enough. But that was 3-4 months ago.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.