Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

vCash

Lemonhaters bout to be big mad

RPI up to 24
    We have figured out the back end of the pitching staff
    We are Top 5 of the SEC (remember all that "State standard" talk?)

We win the Bama series
    We avoid a sweep at UPig
    We win the Mizzou series

We will host. Even if we **** up and dont host- we will be a top 2 seed in the Tourney and nobody wants us in their Regional

I cant wait to bump me some threads to make sure we get all the great takes on Lemon at the end of the month
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We're taking 2 at UPIG.

vCash
    Mississippi State baseball team is better. Lemonis still sux!

vCash
    It really was the pitching coach the whole time. Parker really managed the staff well tonight. I was impressed.

First five innings were from guys coming off of injuries.

Brought in Schulke to get out of a jam against a RH hitter. Then brought in Tyler Davis when Schulke was losing command. Hardin looked like his typical self and shut the door with little fanfare.

Could have been a shut out except for the home run allowed which was a towering fly ball that barely got out.

vCash
    Being critical though- I would like to see us add an offensive analyst this offseason from Campbell to kind of change our offensive philosophy some. Hoping to add more power which honestly has been the second biggest issue besides the bullpen. Also hoping for more havoc on the bases- more HBP, stealing, bunting for hits and etc. We saw tonight what havoc on the basepaths can do- Hujsack gets hit by a pitch and then when they try to pick him off he gets to third and then a ground ball gets him home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It really was the pitching coach the whole time. Parker really managed the staff well tonight. I was impressed.

Brought in Schulke to get out of a jam against a RH hitter. Then brought in Tyler Davis when Schulke was losing command. Hardin looked like his typical self and shut the door with little fanfare.

Could have been a shut out except for the home run allowed which was a towering fly ball that barely got out.
    Pico also showed he can go against SEC hitters just fine. He's not a Friday night guy, but as we've seen having a solid Sunday guy can be just as important in the game today.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Don't hate him.

Not mad (enjoying the season).

Still not convinced he's the long term solution.

This is what you don't understand - all of these things can be true at the same time. He'll be back next year, and (gasp!) he'll continue to be evaluated by both the fans and the administration on his annual results.

vCash
    Being critical though- I would like to see us add an offensive analyst this offseason from Campbell to kind of change our offensive philosophy some. Hoping to add more power which honestly has been the second biggest issue besides the bullpen. Also hoping for more havoc on the bases- more HBP, stealing, bunting for hits and etc. We saw tonight what havoc on the basepaths can do- Hujsack gets hit by a pitch and then when they try to pick him off he gets to third and then a ground ball gets him home.
    It was a wild pitch and him busting ass that got him to 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Don't hate him.

This is what you don't understand - all of these things can be true at the same time. He'll be back next year, and (gasp!) he'll continue to be evaluated by both the fans and the administration on his annual results.
    Agree with this. No hate at all for anyone.
    Parker is clearly the difference maker in 2024 for MSU baseball. So for any time someone gives Lemonis credit for a game that was 1-1 in the 8th, they really should be giving all the credit to Parker.

Keep Parker at all costs.

vCash
    OM lost the game last night exactly how we would lose games last year. Passed ball gets away and runner takes two bases, 1B boots the backend of a double play to end the inning, walk, 2 RBI double.

vCash
    As for Lemonis, I still do not believe he's the long term solution, but we're playing winning baseball and since he's the manager, he gets the credit for that. You also have to give him credit for finding guys like Hujsak out of the portal or Mershon in recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    RPI up to 24
    We have figured out the back end of the pitching staff
    We are Top 5 of the SEC (remember all that "State standard" talk?)

We win the Bama series
    We avoid a sweep at UPig
    We win the Mizzou series

We will host. Even if we **** up and dont host- we will be a top 2 seed in the Tourney and nobody wants us in their Regional

I cant wait to bump me some threads to make sure we get all the great takes on Lemon at the end of the month
    I really don't think we scare many teams. We're a pretty average SEC team but the SEC is generally strong. Our bats don't scare too many and pitching still has some issues. I still think we need to sweep one, win one, and not crap the bed to host. I do laugh at Kendall, as he's the one who said we had to win out to host. If we figure out the bullpen issues and the three god awful hitters get going, then we might be scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    As for Lemonis, I still do not believe he's the long term solution, but we're playing winning baseball and since he's the manager, he gets the credit for that. You also have to give him credit for finding guys like Hujsak out of the portal or Mershon in recruiting.
    How good is Mershon's brother? He is going to South Carolina next year, right?
    Some of this, I think MSU recruits itself sometimes as a top 20 recruiting class.
    I still have doubts on Lemonis rebuilding the team next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Don't hate him.

This. The results of the past 3 weeks don?t negate the results the of the past 2.5 years. But the past few weeks have been way more fun to be a fan of.

I hope what we?ve been seeing recently is Lemonis figuring it out and not just a fluke. Time will tell.

vCash
    Lemonis issues: Recruiting, slow to adjust, push back at fans which makes enemies

I don't think he's a bad coach per se, I just think he's got a lot of Croom like issues. He'd rather beat his head against a wall than do what everyone can see needs to be done. The recruiting hasnt been up to par at all. We struggle with the portal minus one or two lesser rated guys a year really. The class coming is weak without the draft guys. We hit on one or two kids now instead of several. That's got to be fixed. The rebuild next year is going to make for a lot of back and forth I think. It's a cloud hanging over us a bit. I also think Geaut better find some magic again real soon. Our hitting has to improve.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 05-02-2024 at 08:41 AM.

vCash

Is our fielding not significantly better also? Definitely it's hard to do anything when your pitching sucks, but our fielding didn't do our pitchers a lot of favors last year from what I remember.

I'm looking for reasons beyond Parker to be optimistic with Lemonis. We are fortunate that in baseball we're not likely to have Parker poached except for a head coaching position at a pretty decent program. But I assume with the turnaround this year he's going to get interest pretty quickly and we're probably not going to have him another four years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    It was a wild pitch and him busting ass that got him to 3rd.
    Yeah, Hujsak plays at 1000% on every single play. Not many would've wound up on 3rd on that play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah, Hujsak plays at 1000% on every single play. Not many would've wound up on 3rd on that play.
    Hugesak is dumb tho. That worked last night and it goes as a "hustle" play butttttt if the throw is on target he is likely out and we are cussing him

Fine line between being aggressive and being aggressively stupid
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hugesak is dumb tho. That worked last night and it goes as a "hustle" play butttttt if the throw is on target he is likely out and we are cussing him

Fine line between being aggressive and being aggressively stupid
    I was thinking the same thing watching it live. If that throw is anywhere near on line, Hujsak is hosed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lemonis issues: Recruiting, slow to adjust, push back at fans which makes enemies

I don't think he's a bad coach per se, I just think he's got a lot of Croom like issues. He'd rather beat his head against a wall than do what everyone can see needs to be done. The recruiting hasnt been up to par at all. We struggle with the portal minus one or two lesser rated guys a year really. The class coming is weak without the draft guys. We hit on one or two kids now instead of several. That's got to be fixed. The rebuild next year is going to make for a lot of back and forth I think. It's a cloud hanging over us a bit. I also think Geaut better find some magic again real soon. Our hitting has to improve.
    Keep Parker at all costs. Parker is saving Lemonis this season.
    Yes on Lemonis and Croom and this season reminds me how Croom got to a 6 win season, and our Band spelled out "CROOM" at half time of the Liberty Bowl..... the freaking Liberty Bowl back when it was not in the bigger pay out of bowls. Dang our fanbase sometimes.

We won 6 games in the season due to Ellis Johnson's defense. Croom got all the praise and Johnson headed to another town.

This baseball season is much like that with Parker saving Lemonis, and our fans spelling out "LEMONIS" on the message boards.
    Last edited by Santiago; 05-02-2024 at 09:28 AM.