Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU vs OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    For one game- Pico, Ligon, Schuelke, Davis, and Hardin. That's what I'm rolling with.
    I wouldn't let Schuekle pitch to their LH bats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good point. If they could somehow sweep auburn or even win the series they would have some hope, so one would think they save all their bullets for this weekend, but who knows with little mike.
    I think he wants to get in one more tournament and then ride off into the sunset.

vCash
    Good point. If they could somehow sweep auburn or even win the series they would have some hope, so one would think they save all their bullets for this weekend, but who knows with little mike.
    Mississippi still has a path to the NCAA's. But they have to sweep Auburn. Big game for both teams
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Here's a thought. If Auger is only going to pitch 65 pitches a game can we not use him tomorrow for like 30? He is a relief pitcher by trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Agree. Need to have Davis, Stevens, or Cheatham ready.

Banned
    vCash
    I wish Stevens was ready

vCash
    Here's a thought. If Auger is only going to pitch 65 pitches a game can we not use him tomorrow for like 30? He is a relief pitcher by trade.
    No. This isn't Little League or 1984. We're not pitching a guy for 66 pitches on Saturday, 30 pitches on Wednesday, and then turning around and pitching him for 60-70 pitches on Saturday/Sunday.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 04-30-2024 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    No. This isn't Little League or 1984. We're not pitching a guy for 66 pitches on Saturday, 30 pitches on Wednesday, and then turning around and pitching him for 60-70 pitches on Saturday/Sunday.
    Pretty sure we've thrown guys 20-30 midweek and then around at least 50 on the weekend before.

Actually pretty sure we did that with Nate Dohm some last year.

Just looked it up- we did indeed do that with Nate Dohm last year.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 04-30-2024 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    Pretty sure we've thrown guys 20-30 midweek and then around at least 50 on the weekend before.

Actually pretty sure we did that with Nate Dohm some last year.

Just looked it up- we did indeed do that with Nate Dohm last year.
    The same Nate Dohm who has arm issues right now? I think we need to pass on doing that. Also, Auger sucks in relief so if we're not going to start him then do not pitch him. Lastly, we aren't doing it so it doesn't really matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The same Nate Dohm who has arm issues right now? I think we need to pass on doing that. Also, Auger sucks in relief so if we're not going to start him then do not pitch him. Lastly, we aren't doing it so it doesn't really matter.
    Yeah the guy that got arm issues one year after the data I provided and did so on multiple days of rest.**

And by the way throwing Auger 65 pitches on tbe weekend and 30 pitches tomorrow is still under Dr Andrew's protocol by a full ten pitches for a week.

vCash
    Yeah the guy that got arm issues one year after the data I provided and did so on multiple days of rest.**

And by the way throwing Auger 65 pitches on tbe weekend and 30 pitches tomorrow is still under Dr Andrew's protocol by a full ten pitches for a week.
    We've got a staff that won't pitch but one kid over 80 pitches for the weekend and you think we're going to pitch one over 110 pitches in a week.......not happening.

vCash
    No. Not happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Schulke got shelled in Oxford. Not a competitive outing at all. Rest Schulke pitch left hand CJ.

vCash
    No and here is why almost nobody pitches more than once a weekend for us:

Lemon's pitch to parents on the recruiting trail is that he is not going to overwork pitchers. Which makes sense after you look at our pitching decisions weekend after weekend- altho he must hate Cam Opener's parents pitching him every game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    No and here is why almost nobody pitches more than once a weekend for us:

Lemon's pitch to parents on the recruiting trail is that he is not going to overwork pitchers. Which makes sense after you look at our pitching decisions weekend after weekend- altho he must hate Cam Opener's parents pitching him every game
    Our coaches not making decisions based on actual data doesn't shock me at all.

Also it looks like there is a decent chance of rain on Friday which could push things back a day as well.

vCash
    Our coaches not making decisions based on actual data doesn't shock me at all.
    Me, Ari Gold, and ISeenItDawg have been friends for 35 years and have a text group. We were losing our minds about bringing in Stevens instead of using Davis again after he only threw 25 or so pitches the day before. Now I understand why that decision was made. We simply are not going to use a guy B2B days except in rare circumstances

vCash
    Me, Ari Gold, and ISeenItDawg have been friends for 35 years and have a text group. We were losing our minds about bringing in Stevens instead of using Davis again after he only threw 25 or so pitches the day before. Now I understand why that decision was made. We simply are not going to use a guy B2B days except in rare circumstances
    Right there with ya on not using Davis!

vCash
    Or using Stevens instead of Hardin of game 2 against Ole Miss?

Frustrating!

vCash
    Right there with ya on not using Davis!
    Me three!

vCash
    I hate the ESPN app so much. It's hard to find games, it won't cut on to a game until it's literally starting that second, and if you're hanging on the "This Event Has Not Yet Started" screen, it doesn't cut on automatically - you have to back out and keep reloading until you get it.