Thread: RPI moves to #27

vCash

RPI moves to #27

With 7 opoortunities left against OM, Bama, and Arkansas, we've got really good chances to get it inside the Top 20.

I also really hope we look at canceling the North Alabama game prior to the Missouri series if there's a legit chance we can host. That 276 RPI of theirs will do us no favors no matter the result of the game.

vCash
    Good stuff! Let's stay hot! Winning fixes everything!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    With 7 opoortunities left against OM, Bama, and Arkansas, we've got really good chances to get it inside the Top 20.

I also really hope we look at canceling the North Alabama game prior to the Missouri series if there's a legit chance we can host. That 276 RPI of theirs will do us no favors no matter the result of the game.
    Shouldn't schedule the game in the first place.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 04-28-2024 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

It'll definitely get axed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It'll definitely get axed.
    Bull Durham "The Rainout" lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Exactly, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Exactly, lol.
    Looks like we've got ourselves a natural disaster lol

vCash
    I've been looking a little more closely at recent trends and I'm starting to change my stance. We will probably host with 17 wins if recent history is an indicator. (5 years)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've been looking a little more closely at recent trends and I'm starting to change my stance. We will probably host with 17 wins if recent history is an indicator. (5 years)
    17 wins would be incredible for this team. I never thought this team was headed for a special season, man we have flaws but they seem to overcome them. Keep it up and let’s win the series this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That would please me**

vCash
    Ahh I see the emotional mood swings are back. In the dumps and everybody sucks Friday night.
    Hosting and praises abound tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Ahh I see the emotional mood swings are back. In the dumps and everybody sucks Friday night.
    Hosting and praises abound tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    17 wins would be incredible for this team. I never thought this team was headed for a special season, man we have flaws but they seem to overcome them. Keep it up and let’s win the series this weekend.
    It's very doable even without beating Arkansas.

vCash
    Warren Nolan's predictor how has us at 18-12 with an RPI of 23, also winning both remaining non-conference games. That's not going to cut it for hosting. I think we'll need we'll 19 or maybe even SEC 20 wins to host.

The wild card is how many spots the North Alabama game drops us even with a win. Maybe canceling that game will get us into the top 20 in that scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Warren Nolan's predictor how has us at 18-12 with an RPI of 23, also winning both remaining non-conference games. That's not going to cut it for hosting. I think we'll need we'll 19 or maybe even SEC 20 wins to host.

The wild card is how many spots the North Alabama game drops us even with a win. Maybe canceling that game will get us into the top 20 in that scenario.
    We'll host with 18. The predictor tool on Warren Nolan changes as easily as a fart in the wind so it's very unreliable.

Our RPI is currently 27. It's not just going to go up 4 spots with 6 more conference wins and basically a 7th with the Governor's Cup. We'll be in the teens with that scenario

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

I was going to say the same thing as KO. Their predictor is pretty unreliable. I rarely look at it. It's the predictor that had us going 0-30 in SEC play in 2021. LOL.

That said- if we play North Alabama we're not smart as a baseball school.

That said Auburn hosted last year with a RPI of 29 and 17 SEC wins. So there is precedent even with a low RPI IF we win enough SEC games.

vCash
    Oh believe me, I agree that the "predictor" on WN isn't very good as far as predicting what our record is going to be, but I do think it's pretty accurate late in the season when it says we'll have an RPI around 23 if we finish 18-12. I guess we'll see in a few weeks. If we can cancel the North Alabama game, that's got to save us a few slots. (Though unless I can easily find out what everyone's rating is, I can't say that for sure.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sadly that's all on a computer now.