Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hines will be SEC POTW - book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Well Cjintje is ineligible for NIL due to being an international player. Hines loses any leverage by coming back and we can't offer DJ near what an MLB signing bonus would be. I mean you would have to use up ALL of your baseball NIL on one player and we need about 5-7 players out of the portal.
    Me being greedy with regards to Cjintje returning, but YES!!!

Hines losing leverage could maybe be worth a little extra NIL to return (but probably not).

With regards to DJ, as some have alluded to his strikeout performance this year, he is leading the SEC in Ks meaning a little more seasoning would do him good, especially if he really performed in a Charlie Condon and Dylan Crews type level to jump into the upper part of Round 1.

Again, this is probably wishful thinking on my part and me being greedy.

vCash

Justin Lebron ? Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post

Hines losing leverage could maybe be worth a little extra NIL to return (but probably not).

With regards to DJ, as some have alluded to his strikeout performance this year, he is leading the SEC in Ks meaning a little more seasoning would do him good, especially if he really performed in a Charlie Condon and Dylan Crews type level to jump into the upper part of Round 1.

DJ is what he is He's not going to break out with a Crews type year. He's a power hitter who strikes out a bunch. The MLB loves that these days. And with his leverage, a team will WELL overplay slot to get him to sign.

vCash
    DJ is what he is He's not going to break out with a Crews type year. He's a power hitter who strikes out a bunch. The MLB loves that these days. And with his leverage, a team will WELL overplay slot to get him to sign.
    exactly

vCash
    Well Cjintje is ineligible for NIL due to being an international player. Hines loses any leverage by coming back and we can't offer DJ near what an MLB signing bonus would be. I mean you would have to use up ALL of your baseball NIL on one player and we need about 5-7 players out of the portal.
    he's ineligible, cough cough... Yes on hines he can't come back and correct again on DJ. Mershon should come back, I know he wasn't mentioned but he is eligible to be drafted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    he's ineligible, cough cough... Yes on hines he can't come back and correct again on DJ. Mershon should come back, I know he wasn't mentioned but he is eligible to be drafted.
    He's the one we need to get back. If we could return him and Pulliam, who we know is coming back, that locks down the middle infield. We know we're going to have to replace 1B,3B, and two outfield spots right now. Add on to that at least one starter spot, depends on what Stephen decides, and a couple of relievers. We will need to be active in the portal.

vCash
    He's the one we need to get back. If we could return him and Pulliam, who we know is coming back, that locks down the middle infield. We know we're going to have to replace 1B,3B, and two outfield spots right now. Add on to that at least one starter spot, depends on what Stephen decides, and a couple of relievers. We will need to be active in the portal.
    Cupp will fit in there somewhere. Mershon and Pulliam solid middle infield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Cupp will fit in there somewhere. Mershon and Pulliam solid middle infield.
    If either Cupp or Pulliam could learn to play 3B that would help us out A TON. I'd honestly prefer it to be Cupp. Mershon isn't exactly the smoothest 2B in the world and Cupp has the range to play it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post

They arent returning. I wish baseball still had the 3 mandatory years rule but it doesnt. Just makes constructing a consistent roster that much tougher
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Wow, SEC Birmingham office strikes again. I mean Bama guy had a good week but what Hines did at #11 Vandy way above what happened in Oxford. Give me a break.