Thread: Game 3 Vandy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    A unique and fascinating tall lefty (6'-6") Darryl Strawberry. Not a 'great' hitter, but you don't get 17 MLB seasons without the tools. Slow-Mo, that's a "long swing". I wonder about DS with Barry Bonds juice, instead of the actual awful things he did to his body.

But as a Right-Handed Hitter myself, I wanted to be Gary Sheffield. That was a Righ-Handed Stud swing. Considered the fastest bat in the last 50 years.

Man those are some really good finds! Strawberry had so much potential but the addictions turned what could've been a HOF career into just a good one. He did have a long stroke but man the bat speed was insane on that dude!

Sheffield swung a big bat and generated so much freaking bat speed and was comparatively speaking little guy at 5'11" 190 but so strong and compact! You would never teach anyone Sheffields approact but he sure as heck made it work and with all that power the most he ever struck out was 83 times in a season and that was at the end of his career. It seems like every ball he hit was a missle! I hated it when he left the Braves.

ETA Another thing about Sheffield is you wold think you could get him out by throwing soft away but that dude could cover the whole plate. If he was playing today with all the high velo guys throwing he might hit 60 hrs and hit balls to the moon!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-29-2024 at 10:38 AM.