Thread: Will be quite an accomplishment if we get this done today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Will be quite an accomplishment if we get this done today

With no Hujsak. Rarely can you take your best out of the lineup and go on the road against a team like this and possibly get the series. Took all season but Kohler has finally found his swing. Hope yesterday gets DJ back on track too. Still not sure about Larry(blind hog maybe yesterday) but hope he can just get back to average. If DJ gets going, Kohler keeps swinging it, and Hujsak gets back in the lineup, there aren?t as many auto outs in there as before. Lastly, what a great win last night. Came out and took it to them. Didn?t like all the LOB but got the win. Thought the LOB may bite us but didn?t. They?ve used a lot of pitching so we got a good shot today. Weekend played out about as well as possible against their pitching staff, so let?s come out like yesterday and let?s get this series!!!

vCash
    Larry-.191
    Pullman- .176
    Long- .209
    Downs- .220
    In SEC Play. Half our lineup is helpless at the play right now. And Downs isn't even the worst. Not having a DH is killing us. Stevens there would be a smart move against righties I guess.
    Winning with that is a miracle, and shameful (recruiting) at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Larry-.191
    Pullman- .176
    Long- .209
    Downs- .220
    In SEC Play. Half our lineup is helpless at the play right now. And Downs isn't even the worst. Not having a DH is killing us. Stevens there would be a smart move against righties I guess.
    Winning with that is a miracle, and shameful (recruiting) at the same time.
    Kohler was in that group also but he’s finally come around. Need Hujsak back bad. Think it was terrible coaching not getting Stevens more ABs earlier this year, especially with our craptastic bench.

vCash
    Who are we starting today? Obviously not Auger this week.

vCash
    Pico starts, Ligon MR, Davis/Hardin close.

vCash
    Our usual game of giving me heart attack. Was a huge win! Piggy fans can’t stand it that their ballpark isn’t as good as the Dude. I spent a couple of months in Little Rock for a company and it was during baseball season. Back in the day when newspaper was the primary mode of sports reading. They are for sure all about one school and one school only, the University of Arkansas. Don’t ever be fooled that Mississippi is the most redneck in the country. Of all the places that I’ve been in this country Arkansas wins that title hands down.

vCash
    Speaking of Stevens, anyone know if he broke something? Non throwing hand but still no bueno.

vCash
    Choked it away.

Oh What could have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Choked it away.

Oh What could have been.
    It’s very frustrating to see us build a lead and give it away later in the game. We’ve got to keep tacking on runs in late innings too. Makes me pull my hair out but there aren’t many options out there in the pen.