Thread: Mississippi State Baseball Expectations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You can spout "Top 16 resources" all you want but in today's college baseball we are no different than a bunch of teams

In the SEC- it's LSU by themselves- then Candy. After that, the next group of teams are interchangable. State, Mississippi, SC, UPig, Tennessee, A&M, Florida...then we can go to the ACC and Big 12 for a few teams to throw in that group as well. We are a Top 20 program but that 20 is actually about 30-35 teams now
    That is absolutely pure bullshit. You can't take a bunch of top 15/top 10 numbers, average them up, and then get "Were actually tied for 20th with 35 other teams" lol

But let's say we arent a top 16 program. Ok. You yourself have said we have top 5 MLB talent regarding the draft this year. so were the results that match our talent? We should be a top 16 team this year per your own evaluation of our talent, even if you don't think that's sustainable moving forward. We're underperforming our talent level per you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    That is absolutely pure bullshit. You can't take a bunch of top 15/top 10 numbers, average them up, and then get "Were actually tied for 20th with 35 other teams" lol
    You're delusional if you think State has some big advantage over the teams I named
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You're delusional if you think State has some big advantage over the teams I named
    1) so please, tell me where I'm wrong? Do we not have top facilities? Is our Coaching pay not good? Is our NIL way worse than I described? Break the math down for me and tell me where my math is wrong.

2) say we aren't that good. Well, your yourself say our talent is really really good. So even if we can't expect to be too 16 moving forward, we should be really good this year, right? Yet we're unranked and have an awful RPI and lost to bad UF and OM teams. So even if you want to give credit to Lemo for making our talent level be better than it should be, you also have to admit he's underperformed with that talent

vCash
    1) so please, tell me where I'm wrong? Do we not have top facilities? Is our Coaching pay not good? Is our NIL way worse than I described? Break the math down for me and tell me where my math is wrong.

2) say we aren't that good. Well, your yourself say our talent is really really good. So even if we can't expect to be too 16 moving forward, we should be really good this year, right? Yet we're unranked and have an awful RPI and lost to bad UF and OM teams. So even if you want to give credit to Lemo for making our talent level be better than it should be, you also have to admit he's underperformed with that talent
    1- The rest of the SEC sans maybe Mizzou and Kentucky has those things as well. Tenn pays their coach more than we pay ours. Bama built a new stadium also. Kids want to play in places like SC and Fla over Mississippi more times than not. Hell, Wake Forest is pulling top guys because of their pitching lab and such. A&M has more money and they arent afraid to spend it. We are grouped right there with probably 30 teams now. It's not the 1900's anymore

2- the season isnt over. We are still playing. I mean- if we dont lose Dohm we are probably 13-5 in the SEC right now. That was a huge loss for us. We are tied for 5th in the SEC and lost our #1 SP. That's overachieving. Take Cags off Fla or Smith off UPig and they would drop back some as well
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

1) These kids DO NOT care about the stadium. Our fans care about it way more than the players do, especially in the NIL world. And I hate to tell y'all but our coach isn't cool and just like football these kids want to go play for the perceived cool programs and cool coaches. Right now that is LSU as a program and Tennessee with the coach.

2) Our talent is good. You're blind if you can't see that. But so is everyone else's. Like others have said, this isn't 1990 where 2 programs cared about baseball. Hell, this isn't even 2013, where 8 programs cared about it. There are 12 teams, about to be 13, in this conference that care about baseball and want to succeed at it. The only teams you could argue don't give a rip are Missouri and Alabama/UGA on a given year they suck. And hell, even Georgia has the consensus number 1 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    1) These kids DO NOT care about the stadium. Our fans care about it way more than the players do, especially in the NIL world. And I hate to tell y'all but our coach isn't cool and just like football these kids want to go play for the perceived cool programs and cool coaches. Right now that is LSU as a program and Tennessee with the coach.

2) Our talent is good. You're blind if you can't see that. But so is everyone else's. Like others have said, this isn't 1990 where 2 programs cared about baseball. Hell, this isn't even 2013, where 8 programs cared about it. There are 12 teams, about to be 13, in this conference that care about baseball and want to succeed at it. The only teams you could argue don't give a rip are Missouri and Alabama/UGA on a given year they suck. And hell, even Georgia has the consensus number 1 pick.
    And even UGA is starting to invest. Their first step was bringing in Johnson. They are putting $45 million into facilities to catch up. They have a group of boosters that are tired of UGA competing sporadically in baseball and see it as their next potential big program.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And even UGA is starting to invest. Their first step was bringing in Johnson. They are putting $45 million into facilities to catch up. They have a group of boosters that are tired of UGA competing sporadically in baseball and see it as their next potential big program.
    And they have the money to do it. They have some MEGA boosters over there.