Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday baseball @ Memphis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Also Bad: Colby still can't be trusted. I'm honestly tired of the stress of even watching him warm up in the pen, lol.
    Letdown guy of the year. Parker has done a good job- but Holcombe is worse.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Ahem, Davis.
    I bet ya we start Auger again Sunday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I wish Stevens would have been getting more chances early. He looked really good very early, but it’s kinda late now and it may be iffy.

As you know 24, 96/97 fastballs need to have some movements or at least not thrown right down Broadway. LOL. H
    He just hasn’t developed at MSU.
    Yeah i agree. Although Holcombe biggest problem(and has been even hs and juco) is getting behind in counts and having to groove pitches. His slider is plus but he can't command it and that's another issue when hitters can sit fastball all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I bet ya we start Auger again Sunday
    Probably

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Probably
    And I'm not advocating for that in any way. I just bet we do it again cause it worked Sunday. At least this time I hope they give him a hardline 40-45 pitches and/or 3 IP's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I went back and watched Hardins last few outings just to make sure my eyes haven't been deceiving me. That 2 seam fastball with arm side run and sink, the cutter(no batter seems to read spin on it), and the breaking ball have all become plus pitches. It's like he's not even the same pitcher from last year. Amazing what a pitching coach that lets you use your strengths and not just throw 4 seamers up and breaking balls off the plate can do! Credit to Hardin he's obviously worked his butt off and the confidence he's showing on the mound is incredible!
    He and Khal Stephen are the poster boys for Justin Parker. I wasn't sure why we kept him around this offseason even though he could always throw hard. Parker and the lab have made him a monster.

vCash
    I agree about Stevens, we should have been getting some innings, not sure why we haven?t. We need a Sunday guy badly.
    Like Coach said we'll probably go with Auger but short and long term starting Stevens makes more sense. It would allow Auger to be another really good arm in the bullpen. With Davis being the set-up closer 2 and Hardin being closer 1. Schuelke can be the long relief guy for us. We just need him to pitch overhand to LH hitters more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Also Bad: Colby still can't be trusted. I'm honestly tired of the stress of even watching him warm up in the pen, lol.
    I would only pitch Colby in a blowout. He's just all over the place. With SEC only teams left (still assuming we cancel North Alabama) I doubt he pitches again this year unless we go deep in the SEC Tournament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He and Khal Stephen are the poster boys for Justin Parker. I wasn't sure why we kept him around this offseason even though he could always throw hard. Parker and the lab have made him a monster.
    I agree. I really dug into hardin pitching this week. Slowed down video so I could watch his delivery in ultra slow motion. That 2 seamer he really turns it over hard and that thing runs and bites hard! That cutter is just crazy. Same exact arm slot and motion as the 2 seam but runs away and hitters are not seeing it at al! Just amazing comparing deliveries from this year to last!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Like Coach said we'll probably go with Auger but short and long term starting Stevens makes more sense. It would allow Auger to be another really good arm in the bullpen. With Davis being the set-up closer 2 and Hardin being closer 1. Schuelke can be the long relief guy for us. We just need him to pitch overhand to LH hitters more.
    I dont get anything about the Stevens situation. We dont pitch him enough and we mf'ing sure dont hit him enough. This is the guy we signed thinking he was our future 3-hole guy. I'll defend Lemon on overall stuff but his methods to get there make me wtf????? every time we play

vCash
    I dont get anything about the Stevens situation. We dont pitch him enough and we mf'ing sure dont hit him enough. This is the guy we signed thinking he was our future 3-hole guy. I'll defend Lemon on overall stuff but his methods to get there make me wtf????? every time we play
    The Stevens situation is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Very odd the way we're handling him unless he has some type injury that we're limiting him but I haven heard of any.

vCash
    I agree. I really dug into hardin pitching this week. Slowed down video so I could watch his delivery in ultra slow motion. That 2 seamer he really turns it over hard and that thing runs and bites hard! That cutter is just crazy. Same exact arm slot and motion as the 2 seam but runs away and hitters are not seeing it at al! Just amazing comparing deliveries from this year to last!
    I'm not sure why people think we have the best fans in college baseball.**

The Stevens situation is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Very odd the way we're handling him unless he has some type injury that we're limiting him but I haven heard of any.
    He did have a wrist injury in the fall but he is past that. There was concern about rushing him too much too soon because he missed the fall. It seems to me like they thought he could step up into the closers role because he has future first round potential and he doesn't walk people. But we put him in near impossible situations. He looked good to me against Auburn. With Hardin emerging in the closers role and Pico not being ready for the Sunday job we'll see if they come around on Stevens. I just can't imagine them settling on Auger as a starter long term if we're only going to get 3 innings out of him anyway?

vCash
    But damn- Pitching is supposed to be Stevens added extra. His primary is that his bat is supposed to be MLB

vCash
    But damn- Pitching is supposed to be Stevens added extra. His primary is that his bat is supposed to be MLB
    He may be a true dual position player in college. I know out of high school he was projected to be a first baseman but I have also heard people compare him as a pitcher to Hagan Smith since he got to MSU. All depends on what scout you talk to.

vCash
    It's his decision making as his #1 fault. You can't Coach players up if you don't play them. It's a pattern with Lemonis with being slow to change things (our new second baseman).
    Parker has coached up our pitchers, he is the difference maker, but I give credit to Lemonis for bringing him the Dude!

P.S. I am glad we are on track again, but I wouldn't extend Lemonis contract to his last year. But that is just me. Btw 34, speaking of contracts, I was told yesterday Jans hasn't signed his extension because he doesn't want a buyout, our AD ain't stupid. Also Jans never went on the Arkansas interview, all smoking gun from his agent and Arkansas smoking gun with Cal already in the boat.

vCash
    It's his decision making as his #1 fault. You can't Coach players up if you don't play them. It's a pattern with Lemonis with being slow to change things (our new second baseman).
    Parker has coached up our pitchers, he is the difference maker, but I give credit to Lemonis for bringing him the Dude!

P.S. I am glad we are on track again, but I wouldn't extend Lemonis contract to his last year. But that is just me. Btw 34, speaking of contracts, I was told yesterday Jans hasn't signed his extension because he doesn't want a buyout, our AD ain't stupid. Also Jans never went on the Arkansas interview, all smoking gun from his agent and Arkansas smoking gun with Cal already in the boat.
    Jans does not want to be here long term. We knew that when we hired him and he's also been pissed about the lack of buy in being that we've been to back to back tournaments. Something that hasn't been done since 2008-2009. The Arkansas stuff was a bit of smoke and mirrors and a bit of truth. Arkansas needed a back up plan if Tyson couldn't get Cal.

vCash

Lemonis bringing him here , but what all did we have to offer Parker to ensure he would come? I know it was a larger salary than SC, but did we guarantee a 3 year contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Lemonis bringing him here , but what all did we have to offer Parker to ensure he would come? I know it was a larger salary than SC, but did we guarantee a 3 year contract?
    I think it was a raise and a 2 year deal

vCash

Good post, Base!

vCash
    Just keep winning. Winning breeds more winning, that's how you catch fire late in the season. I think that AU series could be that first match that lights the fire. We've got some issues but so does everyone else.