Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
It's his decision making as his #1 fault. You can't Coach players up if you don't play them. It's a pattern with Lemonis with being slow to change things (our new second baseman).
Parker has coached up our pitchers, he is the difference maker, but I give credit to Lemonis for bringing him the Dude!

P.S. I am glad we are on track again, but I wouldn't extend Lemonis contract to his last year. But that is just me. Btw 34, speaking of contracts, I was told yesterday Jans hasn't signed his extension because he doesn't want a buyout, our AD ain't stupid. Also Jans never went on the Arkansas interview, all smoking gun from his agent and Arkansas smoking gun with Cal already in the boat.
Lemonis sack draws up at the thought of change. He's the least adaptive coach I've ever seen minus Croom. His recruiting isn't great either, but good enough to build a regional team to keep his job. He also rubs a lot of folks the wrong way. Give him credit for Parker and saving his job. Next year will be rough as hell, so I'm not for extending him because he should've recruited better. But we'll extend him I'm sure. Now, if he makes a run, definitely extend him because then you don't have a choice, and well, he did his job.