Thread: Vandy third game starter out

vCash

Vandy third game starter out

Saw where he was ejected in the game against UF Saturday for foreign substance use. 4 game suspension.

vCash
    I hate messing with things but it would make me want to toy with the idea of using Lo on Sunday. I don't like messing with stuff that's working but it would cross my mind.

vCash
    I was hoping he would get to "miss" our series and not allow Corbin the opportunity to just push him back a day or so in the rotation. I was thinking it was their Saturday starter fwiw.

vCash
    It always seems strange a team gets to count the games the pitcher was never going to pitch in.
    A 4 game suspension, but he rests for 3 games anyway.
    edit: maybe that is so the pitcher clearly sits out over a week, or will miss a tournament.
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-22-2024 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I hate messing with things but it would make me want to toy with the idea of using Lo on Sunday. I don't like messing with stuff that's working but it would cross my mind.
    I would love to announce Saturday and Sunday as TBD and if you win, throw Auger/Pico/Ligon on Saturday, and go Loo Sunday and lose you would keep him on Saturday. If we can get one we are playing with house money the rest of the weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    It always seems strange a team gets to count the games the pitcher was never going to pitch in.
    A 4 game suspension, but he rests for 3 games anyway.
    edit: maybe that is so the pitcher clearly sits out over a week, or will miss a tournament.
    That was my first thought also, but on the flip side, he is losing basically the same percentage of his season as an everyday player would with a 4 day suspension. But I wonder whether they take position into account when making suspensions. A one game suspension might make sense for an everyday player. Makes no sense for a pitcher though. They'll just pitch another day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That was my first thought also, but on the flip side, he is losing basically the same percentage of his season as an everyday player would with a 4 day suspension. But I wonder whether they take position into account when making suspensions. A one game suspension might make sense for an everyday player. Makes no sense for a pitcher though. They'll just pitch another day.
    What substance did lil' Gaylord Perry get caught with?
    I read that Florida was complaining to the umpire as a he faced a few batters, or something, and it was found on his right arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I would love to announce Saturday and Sunday as TBD and if you win, throw Auger/Pico/Ligon on Saturday, and go Loo Sunday and lose you would keep him on Saturday. If we can get one we are playing with house money the rest of the weekend.
    100% ! I'd sure think long and hard about it if I was lemon.

vCash
    No lets win the first and go with Lo regardless on Saturday. I wouldn't concede or take a chance on switching rotation, you go with your best chance each day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No lets win the first and go with Lo regardless on Saturday. I wouldn't concede or take a chance on switching rotation, you go with your best chance each day.
    I don't generally like messing with stuff either m, but I sure would give it some thought. I also like playing percentages and what would give me the best chance for winning the series and I'd sure study on it. It's certainly an interesting discussion but in the end I'd probably stick with what I got. What's makes baseball so great is many different philosophies can work

ETA first game win is critical either way!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-22-2024 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    I don't generally like messing with stuff either m, but I sure would give it some thought. I also like playing percentages and what would give me the best chance for winning the series and I'd sure study on it. It's certainly an interesting discussion but in the end I'd probably stick with what I got. What's makes baseball so great is many different philosophies can work

Yes on the Friday game. Vandy is a much better team playing at home.

vCash
    Lol. I was thinking about this earlier today. I would certainly consider it!!

vCash
    Yes they are. We're gonna have to be sharp.

vCash

I think Stephen gives us a good chance against their ace. I'd keep it the same unless I was 100% convinced that Dohm could go. And that's highly unlikely and would be a short outing.

vCash
    You absolutely go for the series win on Saturday if you win on Friday. That is where State has guaranteed series loss twice this year by not winning game 2. Win game 1 pull out all the stops to win game 2. Lose game 1 pull out all stops to win game 2. Winning game 2 is the formula for winning series!

vCash
    Yeah but they are still 3-7 against Q1 teams. We are 5-7
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is