Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling it now - we're going to Omaha

vCash

Calling it now - we're going to Omaha

Say what you will about Lemonis, but this team seems to have the intangible "it factor" for a deep tournament run. One of the top national seeds is going to be pissed to draw us as their 2 seed, and even more pissed when Khal & Loo win the first 2 games and we just figure out how to win the Regional from there. Then those 2 win us the Super in 2 games.

If real life were a tv show, I would say this has been foreshadowed, maybe too much, by the writers.

vCash
    Q may be the only poster here more bi-polar than me haha.

If they get to Omaha, Q, let's go there and have a beer

vCash
    Man I really like this team and the way they play and I hope you're right. And maybe just
    maybe we're starting to figure things out. Omaha is a little premature but heck someone has to get there might as be us.

vCash
    Puff puff pass.

Haha!! Joking. Man I hope we make a run. That would be so much fun to watch.

vCash
    Bwahahahahahaha!

State just beat a team that is now 2-16 in conference and just cost the beloved Head Coach his job! Let's check the exuberance just a bit! Maybe Butch ends up as pitching coach at Ole Miss.

vCash
    I just want better base running, a hitting DH, Long on Medication, Stevens in middle relief, and a decent Sunday starter. Then see what happens.

This week, we got 2 of those things that I am sure of.

Auger as 3 is not bad, I thought Davis, but a move that worked well enough to compete. Parker adjusted well from Sunday in Oxford.

A winning record at this point without an Ace is an achievement
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-21-2024 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I just want better base running, a hitting DH, Long on Medication, Stevens in middle relief, and a decent Sunday starter. Then see what happens.

This week, we 2 things that I am sure of.

Auger as 3 is not bad, I thought Davis, but a move that worked well enough to compete. Parker adjusted well from Sunday in Oxford.

Khal is as good a number 1 as there is around. We have an ace.

vCash
    We 100% have an Ace who is one of the SEC’s best.

If we are a 2 in a Regional that host is going to pissed.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We 100% have an Ace who is one of the SEC’s best.

If we are a 2 in a Regional that host is going to pissed.
    Yeah I could see us ruining someone's regional. Khal is big time.

vCash

This week, we 2 things that I am sure of.

I'm hoping Pico takes the 3 Sunday spot eventually.

The biggest thing that hurt us against Ole Miss was Loo hurting his back and having to come out earlier than usual. Followed very closely but refusing to pitch Tyson Hardin two days in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

The biggest thing that hurt us against Ole Miss was Loo hurting his back and having to come out earlier than usual. Followed very closely but refusing to pitch Tyson Hardin two days in a row.
    Yeah Lo only going 3 hurt us but if we'd used Hardin any of the 3 times Saturday night we could've closed the game out we win. Don't understand the lack of use for Hardin there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Khal is as good a number 1 as there is around. We have an ace.
    Trying not to talk about Khal, we already jinxed Nolan Stevens a bit. I am referring to losing Dohm as the "Ace". Yes Khal has been great. Imagine having two "Aces"

Nolan in mid-relief is right. I also insist he is DH versus RHP when not pitching
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-21-2024 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    This team has had opportunities to put themselves in a really good position. I want to see us come out focused against Memphis on Tuesday. Stop showing up to midweek games and acting like wearing MSU uniforms is going to intimidate the other team and just expecting something good to happen.

Khal gives us a chance every Friday. That's huge because Vandy and Arkansas have legit aces too. The weird games seem to happen when Loo pitches- Morris Hodges game, Georgia Johnny Long incident, Ole Miss game two. We need the weirdness that goes against to us to either balance out or stop like it did today. Short term- we will probably be facing Vandy's number five or a bullpen opener on Sunday. I think by the time we are done with the Governor's Cup and thus also midweek unless we decide to inexplicably play North Alabama we will probably figure out our Sunday situation one way or the other.

I think because of Vandy's pitching situation we may have a chance to steal that series on the road. Certainly could go either way with this group. Alabama we probably should win that series at home but they are solid team that could certainly upset us especially if our baserunning doesn't get better and we do stupid things. Arkansas is just better than almost everyone and that for whatever reason hate our ass. If we get one game there I'll be OK with it. Then Mizzou is a team we should sweep but at the same time they have been playing better and they have a history of giving Lemonis problems so I wouldn't exactly consider it a cake walk.

If everything goes right I could see us having an absolute ceiling of 18 SEC wins. The floor is probably something like 13 wins if I had to guess.

RPI wise we're at 45 as I type this. So Memphis and the Governor's Cup are actually pretty big games for us. Losing to Memphis could cause us to have to win another SEC game to get in, to get a host bid, etc. Winning the Governor's Cup could help out our RPI too and could help offset Central Arkansas. As long as our RPI is in the top 40 I think we should be Ok as far as getting in- which is probably going to mean that at least 13 wins gets us in as long as they aren't all against Mizzou. To host we're probably going to have to at least get into the top 20 RPI which if I had to guess probably means that we have to win all OOC and get 17 SEC wins. Maybe 18 if we don't sweep Mizzou.

vCash
    Yeah Lo only going 3 hurt us but if we'd used Hardin any of the 3 times Saturday night we could've closed the game out we win. Don't understand the lack of use for Hardin there.
    That is true. We had a big lead and the bullpen blew it and the management was just gross.

If Pico can't be the Sunday guy- I think I would go ahead and let Nolan Stevens start. It would be a good experience for him.

vCash
    Trying not to talk about Khal, we already jinxed Nolan Stevens a bit. I am referring to losing Dohm as the "Ace". Yes Khal has been great. Imagine having two "Aces"

Nolan in mid-relief is right. I also insist he is DH versus RHP when not pitching
    Yeah if we would have had khal, Dohm and Lo going all season that would've been a heckuva rotation.

vCash
    Yeah if we would have had khal, Dohm and Lo going all season that would've been a heckuva rotation.
    It would be very MSU if Dohm comes back and contributes later. I would think that if he is still throwing and playing catch with the team that there is still a possibility that he comes back even if it's out of the bullpen.

vCash
    It would be very MSU if Dohm comes back and contributes later. I would think that if he is still throwing and playing catch with the team that there is still a possibility that he comes back even if it's out of the bullpen.
    Would be nice to have him out there even if he can only go an inning or 2.

vCash

Let's see Pico vs Memphis this week. It would be great to have a fully recovered Pico back on weekend work, regardless of role.

vCash
    Vandy is a different team playing at home versus the road. But I think there isn't a lot of difference in us and Vandy, big difference is playing them in Nashville.

vCash
    How about we just qualify for a regional first. Still a lot of work left to do