Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling it now - we're going to Omaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Auburn has now lost seven 1 run games in SEC play. They arent getting curbstomped every game out

We did what we were supposed to do- swept a struggling team- something UPig and Tennessee couldn't do against them
    It is true that sweeping anyone isn't easy. It is also true that Auburn -close games they may have had- were 2-13 coming into the weekend, and we played them at the Dude. We did what we needed too and now we're 1 step closer to the final record we need to make the tourney.

Vandy is vulnerable we have a chance to outright win the series, need 1 for sure. God I wish we had Dohm that would do so much to cover up for our weaknesses in the pen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think we may have found the closer. As we saw in 2021 you can go deep in the postseason with two starters especially if one is a true ace and a legit closer.

I'm not saying we are going to Omaha. But if we play really well against Vandy and win the series or sweep all of a sudden we're in good shape to be a 2 seed and maybe even steal a host bid with a strong finish and no hiccups along the way.

Have to beat Memphis first though.
    We've had super regional teams with less talent.

(1) Simce MSU plays in a premier park, MSU can't be intimidated by any visitor venue that is not actually Yankee Stadium. Especially some garbage ACC school. Even at Texas A&M all you see is sad dorks, doing sad dork stuff. Even LSU is 50% wine drunk, lonely moms.

Also, the MSU players are all showcase recruits. They have seen all the dudes they play against before. MSU has no "Rudy's".

(3) if Texas A&M is #1, then MSU basically played toe-to-toe with them. A&M was gift wrapped a shitty Ump in game-3. In game-1 started a dude that is not even Jackson State- Safe, and still made it a ball game.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-22-2024 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think we may have found the closer. As we saw in 2021 you can go deep in the postseason with two starters especially if one is a true ace and a legit closer.

I'm not saying we are going to Omaha. But if we play really well against Vandy and win the series or sweep all of a sudden we're in good shape to be a 2 seed and maybe even steal a host bid with a strong finish and no hiccups along the way.

Have to beat Memphis first though.
    The bats aren't good enough without catching fire. The pitching depth is suspect unless Pico or someone can step up. The power outage by this team is the huge issue. We also don't have a catcher that can throw or hit. No real leadoff either. Just lots of problems. Again, we're a regional team, so we aren't terrible but we are limited right now. Could that change? Absolutely it could. Will it? That's the question. My big thing from the weekend was Kohler getting the big hit. That can change his arch hopefully. Also, Larry had a big hit. Maybe he can find it again.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-22-2024 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    Just looked it up, the Texas A&M shitty Sunday lefty has only one Decent outing in the SEC and it was vs MSU.

MSU could play and beat the #1 National Seed and beat them at their place.

One adjustment CJ just walk Montgomery, seems that CJ is raw meat to Montgomery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Just looked it up, the Texas A&M shitty Sunday lefty has only one Decent outing in the SEC and it was vs MSU.

MSU could play and beat the #1 National Seed and beat them at their place.

One adjustment CJ just walk Montgomery, seems that CJ is raw meat to Montgomery.
    We struggle with LHP’s. That’s what kept Auburn in the series
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When it comes to RH Hitters, I expected Jordan, Larry, Hujsak, Chance and Switch Mershon to be shitty-lefty proof. I don't have player by player splits this year.

I expected Larry to be hitting 50 points higher. Seems that a 250 second baseman can't be a DH. But maybe he can be platoon with Kohler at 3B. I share the Terry Pendleton theory that corner Infielders must hit, Kohler's early injury maybe spoiled his production this year. Ethan Pulliam should play until he stops hitting.

vCash
    Q, I hope your family has a really nice trip. ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    We've had super regional teams with less talent.

(1) Simce MSU plays in a premier park, MSU can't be intimidated by any visitor venue that is not actually Yankee Stadium. Especially some garbage ACC school. Even at Texas A&M all you see is sad dorks, doing sad dork stuff. Even LSU is 50% wine drunk, lonely moms.

Also, the MSU players are all showcase recruits. They have seen all the dudes they play against before. MSU has no "Rudy's".

(3) if Texas A&M is #1, then MSU basically played toe-to-toe with them. A&M was gift wrapped a shitty Ump in game-3. In game-1 started a dude that is not even Jackson State- Safe, and still made it a ball game.
    Glad someone brought that up. Can we please stop doing the ball 5, 6, etc chant and for the love of god STOP BRINGING BUBBLE MACHINES. It looks like we're playing 8U coach pitch with that crap. Let them do the weird stuff and let Ole Miss throw beer. We need to do our own thing.

vCash
    Does baseball RPI factor in road and neutral field games the way basketball does or does that not play a part in RPI and SOS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Does baseball RPI factor in road and neutral field games the way basketball does or does that not play a part in RPI and SOS?
    Yes, the same 1.4 for road, 0.6 for home that basketball used to do.

vCash

I wouldnt be shocked if this team won the CWS

I mean it. Ole Miss' title in 2022 proved it can be done. You don't have to be one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the nation or even a national seed.
    Our main missing ingredient is a closer. If someone emerges, or even a closer by committee, we could do it.

vCash
    Do you believe yet? This team has the "it factor."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Do you believe yet? This team has the "it factor."
    This weekend proved we can certainly win a regional title and a super regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    I mean it. Ole Miss' title in 2022 proved it can be done. You don't have to be one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the nation or even a national seed.
    Our main missing ingredient is a closer. If someone emerges, or even a closer by committee, we could do it.
    Ole Miss proved in 2022 that ANYONE that can sustain a post-season pitching streak of giving up 3 runs or less in every game played can win a title. I don't see us doing that though.

vCash
    Apparently, Hines does NOT struggle with lefties anymore lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This weekend proved we can certainly win a regional title and a super regional.
    And OM and Florida showed we can be bounced from a regional too. Team is capable of playing like a top 10ish team OR like #35. We should be in a regional for sure now, only question is which State team will show up to it. Last 2 weekends they've been locked in maybe they learned some lessons from OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Ole Miss proved in 2022 that ANYONE that can sustain a post-season pitching streak of giving up 3 runs or less in every game played can win a title. I don't see us doing that though.
    The way the postseason is set up now as long as you stay in the winners bracket you don't have to use as much pitching depth as you would a normal SEC weekend.