Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling it now - we're going to Omaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    How about we just qualify for a regional first. Still a lot of work left to do
    Yep, we gotta take it one game at a time, we aren't consistent enough yet to look ahead, but "we" fans can* LOL. Gonna be a tough series this weekend, but first Memphis Tuesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Say what you will about Lemonis, but this team seems to have the intangible "it factor" for a deep tournament run. One of the top national seeds is going to be pissed to draw us as their 2 seed, and even more pissed when Khal & Loo win the first 2 games and we just figure out how to win the Regional from there. Then those 2 win us the Super in 2 games.

If real life were a tv show, I would say this has been foreshadowed, maybe too much, by the writers.
    Let's see if you're back after next weekends series at Vandy saying the same thing.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Auburn is a really bad team, as far as lacking the pitchers, and a few hitters they typically have.
    Glad we got the sweep.
    Really need at least 1 win v. vandy this weekend

vCash
    We have 2 starting pitchers. After that, not much. We won two close games against a terrible auburn team. C'mon guys.

vCash
    Say what you will about Lemonis, but this team seems to have the intangible "it factor" for a deep tournament run. One of the top national seeds is going to be pissed to draw us as their 2 seed, and even more pissed when Khal & Loo win the first 2 games and we just figure out how to win the Regional from there. Then those 2 win us the Super in 2 games.

If real life were a tv show, I would say this has been foreshadowed, maybe too much, by the writers.
    Congrats on your ticket purchase to the CWS. How much were they?

It's a shame you won't get to see State playing there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    We have 2 starting pitchers. After that, not much. We won two close games against a terrible auburn team. C'mon guys.
    Auburn has now lost seven 1 run games in SEC play. They arent getting curbstomped every game out

We did what we were supposed to do- swept a struggling team- something UPig and Tennessee couldnt do against them
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Crazier things have happened. In 2022, Ole Miss was 22-17/6-12 (SEC) at this point in the season coming off losing a series to us in Oxford. They then lost 2 of 3 to Arkansas and entered May 7-14 in SEC play.
    Then they somehow worked their way in as the last seed in and won a Natty. The gods of baseball have a weird sense of humor.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Whoa there big boy! I really like the toughness of this team but they have a bunch of holes in them.

vCash
    Positivity is not welcome here. We may have be the only fanbase in America that openly roots for failure by our sports teams.

vCash
    We just need to take this thing one game at a time. We still have glaring issues, i.e. 3rd starter and closer, and we make FAR too many baserunning mistakes for a team with Omaha aspirations. Nice to see us win a couple of close games this weekend. Hopefully Hardin is starting to solidify himself in the closer role

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Crazier things have happened. In 2022, Ole Miss was 22-17/6-12 (SEC) at this point in the season coming off losing a series to us in Oxford. They then lost 2 of 3 to Arkansas and entered May 7-14 in SEC play.
    Then they somehow worked their way in as the last seed in and won a Natty. The gods of baseball have a weird sense of humor.
    Their RPI was also in the 30s.

vCash
    We actually have a good team for a 3 game series. We get into a Regional and we just need to stay in the winners bracket and we will have a chance.

vCash
    You just pissed off the dead indians. Quick, someone sacrifice a goat or something!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknut View Post
    You just pissed off the dead indians. Quick, someone sacrifice a goat or something!
    I just sacrificed a (KFC) chicken…. The whole bucket…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Let people enjoy, dude. Let them soar.

"I believe I can fly
    I believe I can touch the sky
    I think about it every night and day
    Spread my wings and fly away
    I believe I can soar"

Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 04-22-2024 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    We are improving that's for sure. Which are we? The team that swept a putrid AU squad or the one that lost 2 of 3 from a lousy OM team? We've been impressive in a bunch of wins and totally listless in many, many losses. No DH, crappy bullpen, 3-4 ok hitters and clueless little leaguers running the bases. Our SP and D seem to be pretty dang good though. Who knows, and I hope you're right... but I'm missing the IT factor.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash

My friend, please call this number 800-555-1111, Substance Abuse Hotline. You will thank me later. **

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    What, like as a guest or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Auburn has now lost seven 1 run games in SEC play. They arent getting curbstomped every game out

We did what we were supposed to do- swept a struggling team- something UPig and Tennessee couldnt do against them
    And had we played two 9 inning games it might be different too. Sometimes you need a break and we got it. I'll keep saying this is a regional team but I don't see anything beyond that unless we catch fire. The hitting has been disappointing, the pitching hasn't been other than no closer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And had we played two 9 inning games it might be different too. Sometimes you need a break and we got it. I'll keep saying this is a regional team but I don't see anything beyond that unless we catch fire. The hitting has been disappointing, the pitching hasn't been other than no closer.
    I think we may have found the closer. As we saw in 2021 you can go deep in the postseason with two starters especially if one is a true ace and a legit closer.

I'm not saying we are going to Omaha. But if we play really well against Vandy and win the series or sweep all of a sudden we're in good shape to be a 2 seed and maybe even steal a host bid with a strong finish and no hiccups along the way.

Have to beat Memphis first though.