Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 vs Alabama Ags

vCash
    Btw, maybe that double woke Larry’s bat. But yes to Conner and Hardin.

My player for the series is Chance. He is silently becoming our best hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Right, we've played better this year, much better, but there's a ton of season left.
    I agree with you and 34. Just keep winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Btw, maybe that double woke Larry’s bat. But yes to Conner and Hardin.

My player for the series is Chance. He is silently becoming our best hitter.
    Yes sir. I'm so thankful for chance and Hujsak. Those 2 have become our heart.

vCash
    Yes sir. I'm so thankful for chance and Hujsak. Those 2 have become our heart.
    I’ve been looking for maroon sunglasses I lost two years ago, would you are 34 send me a new one? LOL. Man I really enjoyed this much needed sweep.

vCash
    Four in a row. I think we play at Memphis midweek

vCash
    2-2 is the goal this week.

vCash
    They should definitely separate Jordan and Hines in the order. The opponent will just keep waking Jordan to get to "No Clutch" Hines.

I have said it before. I'll say it again. Hunter Hines will be playing American Legion just like dad Richie in 4 years.

vCash
    I’ve been looking for maroon sunglasses I lost two years ago, would you are 34 send me a new one? LOL. Man I really enjoyed this much needed sweep.
    It's all good. Winning cures a lot of stuff, lol. One thing about this team is it's been a wild ride, totally unpredictable from game to game. I was concerned after last Saturday and Sunday and if we'd come out and fight this weekend or rollover and play dead. Good to see us fighting.

vCash
    If Coffee from X ( Twitter) is in here, delete your account.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    They should definitely separate Jordan and Hines in the order. The opponent will just keep waking Jordan to get to "No Clutch" Hines.

I have said it before. I'll say it again. Hunter Hines will be playing American Legion just like dad Richie in 4 years.
    Hines needs to drop for sure. He's killing rally's. Thankfully Hujsak and chance are picking him up.

vCash
    It's all good. Winning cures a lot of stuff, lol. One thing about this team is it's been a wild ride, totally unpredictable from game to game. I was concerned after last Saturday and Sunday and if we'd come out and fight this weekend or rollover and play dead. Good to see us fighting.
    I think it’s more of the last 2 1/2 years of losing and we are finding our groove. I hope we continue to play well. Hardin was impressive.

vCash
    I think it’s more of the last 2 1/2 years of losing and we are finding our groove. I hope we continue to play well. Hardin was impressive.
    I believe you're right. It was time to give Hardin a shot and he shoved it.

vCash
    We FINALLY did what we needed to do. That's good. Finally looks like we figured out that Hardin is our closer. Also VERY good. Only took Lemonis about 10 weeks but better late than never. That should help with bullpen roles immensely. We can use Tyler Davis, Schuelke, Auger, and Siary in more appropriate roles that fit them. Stephen has emerged as an ace. That's going to be very helpful. Loo is very solid. If I were in Lemonis's shoes I would start Pico against Memphis and see if he can go 50 pitches or 4 innings and try to stretch him out. Then if that goes well start him in the Governor's Cup and test him out against a SEC team. If we can get him up to 5 innings he can become our Sunday starter the last two weekends. That could help out A LOT.

The other big issue besides base running which needs to be drilled ad nauseum on Monday is the lineup. We need to drop Larry down. He is much better with runners on base than he is leading off. Let Mershon lead off, hit Chance second because he rarely strikes out meaning we can better take advantage of Mershon's speed. Then go with Dakota, Hines, Hujsack although I would think about moving Hines to third so Dakota can protect him. Then go Larry, Kohler, Long, and Pulliam. If we do that we'll maximize our hitters much better and score more runs.

Only two more midweek games left and they're big for us IMO as our RPI is 45. We can NOT lose focus against Memphis and lose that game as their RPI is 175 and they will come out ready to play. Ole Miss's RPI is 28 so winning the Governor's Cup should help some. I am assuming we will cancel North Alabama.

But we have now won more SEC games than we did in 2022 and 2023 and we have won as many regular season games than we did in 2022 and have won one less than last year. We are better but still frustrating.

vCash
    I believe you're right. It was time to give Hardin a shot and he shoved it.
    It was time three weeks ago. But better late than never!

vCash
    Since Georgia Southern Hardin has gone 14.6 scoreless innings now. His SEC ERA based on my math is 0.00.

vCash
    Well crap....now I don't have anything to complain about. J/k. A much needed sweep....well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Since Georgia Southern Hardin has gone 14.6 scoreless innings now. His SEC ERA based on my math is 0.00.
    14.6 scoreless, huh?

Lol

I'm ready for him to get more innings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It was time three weeks ago. But better late than never!
    Yep 3 weeks ago a lot of folks were calling for Hardin it was past time.

vCash
    Just got home from a great weekend in Starkville. My goodness what is it with running the bases. Can we just stay close enough to the base not to picked off. It?s maddening. My over under for today was 2 pickoffs. Lemonis needs to get that crud straight and I mean getting in players face or sitting them.

Edited to say thank you team for the sweep. It?s been awhile since my buddies in right field have been able to break out their broom.

Dogs win again
    Last edited by Ranchdawg; 04-21-2024 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    Just got home from a great weekend in Starkville. My goodness what is it with running the bases. Can we just stay close enough to the base not to picked off. It?s maddening. My over under for today was 2 pickoffs. Lemonis needs to get that crud straight and I mean getting in players face or sitting them.

Edited to say thank you team for the sweep. It?s been awhile since my buddies in right field have been able to break out their broom.

Dogs win again
    Ha bet you had to clean the cob webs off that broom. Great weekend.