Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring game and game 2 Auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Shapen would have set all kind of records too with Leach. I think we?re fine at at qb. The other qbs not bad either.
    Especially since he can take off and run if they want to drop everyone 15 yards.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I think this is best we've been on O in a long time. I think D will be OK, may not have any individual stars but as a unit, will be solid.

vCash
    Treore,Kelly A, and Coleman look explosive but hard to tell considering they are going against 2nd string secondary.

vCash
    Going to need to find some DB help after Pollack and Kelly Jones. Rogers has been on the receiving side of burnt toast twice this first half.

vCash
    Cubelic said Craver clocked at 22mph this spring. Tyreek Hill was clocked at 23 for reference.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    QBs looked very good, wrs too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Didn’t show much other than base stuff, offense should be proficient, threw it and caught it well today against bland defenses. Concerned on defense got beat to much today. 6 wins and a trip to Bham would be a nice year 1 for this bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Didn’t show much other than base stuff, offense should be proficient, threw it and caught it well today against bland defenses. Concerned on defense got beat to much today. 6 wins and a trip to Bham would be a nice year 1 for this bunch.
    I agree with that. I know after today lebby will doing some more subtracting and adding in the next little while.

vCash
    Just back from the game. Didn't stay for baseball because I think its going to rain.
    1. Loved the format! 1's and 2's on O against 1's and 2's on D. That way you can mix and match on both sides of the ball using all players like you would in a real game.
    2. Loved the tempo! After every play you could hear people on the maroon sidelines yelling to get up and go. On running plays, several times you would see the wideouts already lined up and ready to go again before the ball carrier even got up off of the ground.
    3. Don't know if they showed this on tv but during a lot of the stoppages, Bart and Charlie would interview current and former NFL players from MSU on the jumbotron and they would talk about their time at State. Absolutely brilliant idea with all of the recruits and transfer portal players in attendance! No dumb-ass hotdog eating contest here!

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. Overall, VERY pleased.

vCash
    How's our OL gonna be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Just back from the game. Didn't stay for baseball because I think its going to rain.
    1. Loved the format! 1's and 2's on O against 1's and 2's on D. That way you can mix and match on both sides of the ball using all players like you would in a real game.
    2. Loved the tempo! After every play you could hear people on the maroon sidelines yelling to get up and go. On running plays, several times you would see the wideouts already lined up and ready to go again before the ball carrier even got up off of the ground.
    3. Don't know if they showed this on tv but during a lot of the stoppages, Bart and Charlie would interview current and former NFL players from MSU on the jumbotron and they would talk about their time at State. Absolutely brilliant idea with all of the recruits and transfer portal players in attendance! No dumb-ass hotdog eating contest here!

Have not felt this good after a spring game since dak!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    How's our OL gonna be?
    They looked pretty dang good too. Of course it's the spring game but looked good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post

Yeah as spring games go I would give it an A. Lebby and staff are very organized and there's no wasted time.

vCash
    I caught the last few minutes of the game, and heard Richard Cross talking about the game. Of all people, what was the Ole Miss man doing there? Did he talk about play by play or something like that during the game? Gee whiz!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Have not felt this good after a spring game since dak!
    Agree definitely been Mullen years since I felt this good at spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterDog View Post
    I caught the last few minutes of the game, and heard Richard Cross talking about the game. Of all people, what was the Ole Miss man doing there? Did he talk about play by play or something like that during the game? Gee whiz!!
    Cross calls a lot of games. He's really good at his job.

vCash
    Cross calls a lot of games. He's really good at his job.
    Yeah sec network books him. As much as I don't like his semi smug attitude he actually does a good job, and doesn't throw shade at us(even though I'm sure he'd like to).

vCash
    Yeah sec network books him. As much as I don't like his semi smug attitude he actually does a good job, and doesn't throw shade at us(even though I'm sure he'd like to).
    Yep. I like him calling games.

Him on SuperTime...not so much, lol.

vCash
    Yep. I like him calling games.

Him on SuperTime...not so much, lol.
    Exactly!

vCash
    I think Cross is a professional and does a good job doing play by play. I can overlook he's a rebel. He doesn't let it show when he does games for sec net or ESPN.