Thread: Kentucky baseball

vCash

Kentucky baseball

14-1 in the SEC is quite impressive. How are they doing it? Everything I know about UK baseball tells me they shouldn't be competitive with NIL Recruiting up there has never been easy, either.

Nick doing something right, though. What is it?

vCash
    Their road series have been against awful teams and their home series have been against slightly less awful teams. Their next 3 series are Tennessee, @USCe, and Arkansas. If they come out of that 4-5 or better then I think it is safe to say they are for real.

vCash
    I watched them against Louisville, they swing the bat and don't miss pitches. Also, they didn't swing at many pitches out of the zone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Their road series have been against awful teams and their home series have been against slightly less awful teams. Their next 3 series are Tennessee, @USCe, and Arkansas. If they come out of that 4-5 or better then I think it is safe to say they are for real.
    Not sure we should be throwing stones - they are 14-1 against the SEC while State is a stellar 16-6 in our very tough OOC slate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Not sure we should be throwing stones - they are 14-1 against the SEC while State is a stellar 16-6 in our very tough OOC slate
    Oh I'm not saying we're better. I'm just giving context to their start. Like I said, 4-5 or better in their next 9 and I will say they're for real.

vCash
    He's been there 8 years. Like Butch- he will put a good team together but that program will always lack consistency. He missed the NCAA's 4 straight years before last season
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    14-1 in the SEC is quite impressive. How are they doing it? Everything I know about UK baseball tells me they shouldn't be competitive with NIL Recruiting up there has never been easy, either.

Nick doing something right, though. What is it?
    Just Nick being Nick. He's a good coach.

vCash
    He's evidently a much better motivator of mid level talent than Lemo. No way they'd have that record if Lemo was in charge there.

vCash
    Eh. I don't know. I wouldn't boycott the team if he was hired but when he was at MSU I constantly heard about what a joke he was.

I would hire Haire or Pollard over him honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This is a big concern too. Even if they are real this year. He has a history of fading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Eh. I don't know. I wouldn't boycott the team if he was hired but when he was at MSU I constantly heard about what a joke he was.

I would hire Haire or Pollard over him honestly.
    Yeah, I?ve never been a fan of him because I?ve just never liked his style of coaching. I don?t think that would go over at State. He hasn?t shown the consistency, either, but I think it?s important to study anyone who is having success in this college baseball landscape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Yeah, I?ve never been a fan of him because I?ve just never liked his style of coaching. I don?t think that would go over at State. He hasn?t shown the consistency, either, but I think it?s important to study anyone who is having success in this college baseball landscape.
    I agree. If we did hire him at least we would know what we are getting most likely. So I don't think he would be the worst hire ever but also I don't believe he would be the best either.

vCash
    all i know of him is how hard he worked the phones back in the early 2000's looking for under the radar talent. I'm in agreement that we could get a more prominent named HC but I am think we could do worse than him and probably have that currently.

vCash
    I think he is a clown with all his antics- but he has built a good team this year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Don?t know about him as HC, but I?d like to have his hitting coach. I think Gotro has lost his mojo.