Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 13 Freshmen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And the others K in their ABs too. We are in a shitty position so we have tried Spalitta and O’Brien and McKenzie. Lets go back to Downs now.
    63% k ????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    63% k ????
    My goodness you almost have to try and strike out 63% of the time. Don't know that I've ever seen a k rate that high on a player with that many abs. Makes you wonder(and I'm being serious), if he's not having some vision problems

vCash
    Perhaps lemonis let one of the young hitters get a few games in a row. It's a tall ask to put a guy in without any PAs to step in and hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Perhaps lemonis let one of the young hitters get a few games in a row. It's a tall ask to put a guy in without any PAs to step in and hit.
    Stevens should be the DH the next 10 games and then reevaluate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Stevens should be the DH the next 10 games and then reevaluate
    Yea I agree with not pitching him for a while. Let’s see if he can get in a groove hitting. We just need something at that spot at the end of the day. I do not care if it’s Downs, Chance, Larry, Chester, McKenzie, OBrien, Spalitta, or Stevens. Just get some production from that spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Here's a question. Can someone explain why Spalitta was the DH against a lefty on Saturday?

Why did we not have someone who could hit right handed in the DH spot?

I get Lemonis trying to find someone, but I felt like he hamstrung Spalitta in that game in the limited opportunity he already gets.

vCash
    We have no one coming off the bench who has helped us. It’s all about our 1-6, depending on 7-9 has been really bad. Auburn hasn’t been very good pitching so far. May be the worse team in Sec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    he's k'd in 17 of 28 sec at bats
    Then he fits right into this lineup. We have 2 guys in the middle of the lineup, supposed RBI spots, that K 3 times each per game and hit the occasional solo homerun when there is no pressure to perform.

I suspect close to 60% or more of their outs made are K's which means Unproductive outs!

Downs could bat leadoff with his level of production for this team!

vCash
    Downs at least has a .390 obp.

vCash
    Look I want Lemonis gone too, but if your determining the strength of your program on freshmen then you're simply putting your emphasis in the wrong place. Period. No team is depending on more than maybe 1-2 freshmen max and throughout the history of our program the same is true. Anything over 2 is a huge bonus but not an indicator of strength by any means.

Now if those freshmen never compete then yes absolutely... We have no closer. That is 100% on Lemo. Our Catcher isn't good beyond receiving the ball well. That's on Lemo. We have no good option at DH. That's on Lemo. Our hitting is spotty at best. That has always been on our horrible hitting coach that I've never underatood the message board love for, Gautreau... Lemo won't fire his sorry ass tho so that's 100% on Lemo.
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 04-15-2024 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    Next years Freshman class looks worse.

vCash
    Another reason we need to move on from Lemonis is that his recruiting has continued to get worse and worse. After the last two years a lot of our high profile commits jumped ship. In fact, there are two kids in Perfect Game?s top 10 who were once committed to us that are now committed elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Next years Freshman class looks worse.
    who is listed on it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Here's a question. Can someone explain why Spalitta was the DH against a lefty on Saturday?

Why did we not have someone who could hit right handed in the DH spot?

I get Lemonis trying to find someone, but I felt like he hamstrung Spalitta in that game in the limited opportunity he already gets.
    Because Lemonis is a dumbass and it's been proven over and over again. Hines in the 2 hole? That was ignorant too. Lemonis looks like a desperate man walking death row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Because Lemonis is a dumbass and it's been proven over and over again. Hines in the 2 hole? That was ignorant too. Lemonis looks like a desperate man walking death row.
    The only reasoning I can see on that, is with Mershon getting on base, then it eliminates the shift by the defense. Gives Hines more natural hitting lanes.

vCash
    Or it could be analytics that coaches use today- same reason that Tommy T bats 2nd for LSU and Condom batted 2nd for Georgia last year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Or it could be analytics that coaches use today- same reason that Tommy T bats 2nd for LSU and Condom batted 2nd for Georgia last year
    Hines K rate is too high. You want your best hitter in that 2 hole. White is 10 times the hitter Hines is. Hines has 44 Ks, White has 17. It was a stupid ass decision just like Spalitta against a lefty. Mershon at leadoff was bad too but can at least see that attempt.
    It was straight desperation and overthinking shit because that bucket is reallly hot now.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 04-16-2024 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    It was a stupid ass decision just like Spalitta against a lefty. Mershon at leadoff was bad too but can at least see that attempt.
    A) yes- DH'ing Spalitta against a lefty was dumb

B) I'm ok with Mershon leading off-especially because he is a switch. We really dont have another leadoff type unless you put Trout there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    A) yes- DH'ing Spalitta against a lefty was dumb

B) I'm ok with Mershon leading off-especially because he is a switch. We really dont have another leadoff type unless you put Trout there
    Don't disagree with either. I can try Mershon there but he was terrible, so drop him back or let him keep trying and see. Hines though isn't a fit at 2. Hines is a 4 or 5 hole guy. Jordan should be the three hole but his K rate is poor too. So we basically have no leadoff or three hole really unless people figure things out fast. We all know DH is terrible too. Just so many holes due to poor recruiting. I feel like there's a 90% chance we have a new coach next year. After today, our RPI will fall into the mid-upper 50s with our schedule ramping up again soon.
    I thought early on we would be ok but LSU sucks and we've really done little else outside of UGA. I don't think Lemonis survives without making a super.

vCash
    2025?

Position- Stevens, MacKenzie, Spalitta, Highfill, Trout, Mershon, Cupp, Downs?...plus portal

Pitchers- Grant, Stevens, Loftin (maybe), Siary, Forsythe, Pico, Clark, Dotson, Cheatham, Miller, Passeau, Holcombe, Hardin, Black, Haley, Ligon, Gibbs plus portal

Does not include incoming Freshmen