Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
My question to all on this board is do you see us EVER getting back to Omaha with Lemonis running the program? I certainly don't and that is the reason I'm ready to move on even if we squeak into a regional somewhere. With Lemonis, and given the hitters we lose after this year ends, I really don't see how we will be as good next season as we are this season. Does anyone see our program improving next year over this year? It's pretty obvious Lemonis can manage a team but he can't build a team.
This is my sentiment also. Great breakdown by Todd on our issues. After the natty people talked about Lemonis "pressing all the right buttons" but in reality it looks like he's just throwing random shit against the wall and seeing what sticks. Looks like he got lucky once but the law of averages is catching up. In the SEC all the players are good so you have to have players and coaching. I think we lack coaching AND evaluation. Players can manipulate the system and inflate their PG rankings, you recruit the rankings and you get ole miss (that's what they do)...and that's what we've gotten.

Also, I've been a big supporter of GoTro over the years but it's time to move on. Not sure if it's complacency or what; I liken it to if I wrote an essay and proofed it three times, I could still hand it to someone else to proof read and they'd find stupid errors. Sometimes you're just too close to it to see the flaws.