Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Heard Van Lith committed to Purcell today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Spruill and Keenum have other priorities
    Which are what?

vCash
    He'll answer you once he locates the list of incoming 2025 freshman baseball players........... can you hold your breath?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Spruill and Keenum have other priorities
    You can shit on Spruill for a lot, no clue how Keenum caught a stray there, but I can promise they are not the one's impeding growth in Starkville. For all the questionable stuff Spruill will say, her and Parker Wiseman brought Starkville from about 1980 to the 21st century in a matter of 10 years. As I have said before, there's a certain sect of locals that want to impede any and all growth for Starkville. They think all the stuff that was brought to Starkville the last 25 years is because of them. Again, it's not all citizens. It's a certain sect of them. And then there's "We're all going to hell for drinking" Roy Perkins, who somehow still keeps getting elected Alderman. There's another one too that hates growth but I can't think of their name right now. The city of Starkville is a lot like the athletic dept, there's some oldies that need to move on along.

vCash
    Purcell just landed the #1 JUCO gaurd in the nation. She previously played at Temple, Destiney McPhaul.

vCash
    Sam ain't killing it in the portal like folks were thinking he would. Been disappointing to be honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You can shit on Spruill for a lot, no clue how Keenum caught a stray there, but I can promise they are not the one's impeding growth in Starkville. For all the questionable stuff Spruill will say, her and Parker Wiseman brought Starkville from about 1980 to the 21st century in a matter of 10 years. As I have said before, there's a certain sect of locals that want to impede any and all growth for Starkville. They think all the stuff that was brought to Starkville the last 25 years is because of them. Again, it's not all citizens. It's a certain sect of them. And then there's "We're all going to hell for drinking" Roy Perkins, who somehow still keeps getting elected Alderman. There's another one too that hates growth but I can't think of their name right now. The city of Starkville is a lot like the athletic dept, there's some oldies that need to move on along.
    BINGO Clark!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Sam ain't killing it in the portal like folks were thinking he would. Been disappointing to be honest.
    I really like D McPhail. However he has yet to land even one for sure game changer this offseason. In fairness though I?ll reserve judgement until he is done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    His 1st two years he brought in some talent. We still have quite a few spots to fill so we will see what he does but I've been a little disappointed myself. We do have alot of size though. 3 girls 6'6 or better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    His 1st two years he brought in some talent. We still have quite a few spots to fill so we will see what he does but I've been a little disappointed myself. We do have alot of size though. 3 girls 6'6 or better
    Well and it's not about bringing in the most talented players necessarily. It's about bringing in players that fit your system and complement the players on the current roster. Same with the men. And sans a starting center, I really like what Jans has brought in on that side because I think they fit what we're planning to do next year.

vCash

vCash
    Well and it's not about bringing in the most talented players necessarily. It's about bringing in players that fit your system and complement the players on the current roster. Same with the men. And sans a starting center, I really like what Jans has brought in on that side because I think they fit what we're planning to do next year.
    I agree, you have to recruit to your needs. But we do need scoring, Jerkaila Jordan returns and we know she can score but as of right now I don't know who else is a go to scorer. Eniya Palmer averaged 10 ppg at UK so she provides some scoring for us but we need a couple more.

I am actually liking the team that Jans is putting together we have 3 really good guards and that's what you need to win. He's not done yet either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Wow... not sure how true that is but I saw something earlier today saying she was actually coming to State or Tennessee... I overlooked it because I though she committed to TCU but who knows what's really true at this point

vCash
    Wow... not sure how true that is but I saw something earlier today saying she was actually coming to State or Tennessee... I overlooked it because I thought she committed to TCU but who knows what's really true at this point
    One of those twins was going to TCU but elected to stay at Miami. Some thought it was a package deal. Lazo is at Tennessee and then you got Purcell. I guess it makes sense.

vCash
    One of those twins was going to TCU but elected to stay at Miami. Some thought it was a package deal. Lazo is at Tennessee and then you got Purcell. I guess it makes sense.
    I don't think Lazo coached her at Louisville with Purcell so I'm not sure if they have a relationship. She has stated how much she loves Purcell before so we know we have that, If all this is true and she hasn't committed to TCU I still don't know how I feel about our chances. I guess we will see. If she wants to shine and show she belongs in the WNBA her best bet is to come to State and run next to Jerkaila Jordan.

vCash
    Wow... not sure how true that is but I saw something earlier today saying she was actually coming to State or Tennessee... I overlooked it because I though she committed to TCU but who knows what's really true at this point
    Could also be that some of the NIL funding that TCU thought they had went out the door when Cavinder went back to Miami.

vCash
    Lazo has no affiliation with Van Lith to my knowledge. He was at GW and Stony Brook when Purcell would have been at Louisville during Van Lith's time there.

vCash
    Another scope to look at this is that some school (State, Tennessee, maybe Miami) came in with a higher offer and now she's gone back to TCU trying to get them to ante up more.

vCash
    Another scope to look at this is that some school (State, Tennessee, maybe Miami) came in with a higher offer and now she's gone back to TCU trying to get them to ante up more.
    Thats very possible, I'm not going to get my hopes up this time around. I will say this, if it's all about money we probably won't get her.. if it's truly about her getting another year to show scouts she can play in the WNBA then I feel we have a shot because of her and Purcells history... but who really knows at this point nothing would surprise me

vCash
    Thats very possible, I'm not going to get my hopes up this time around. I will say this, if it's all about money we probably won't get her.. if it's truly about her getting another year to show scouts she can play in the WNBA then I feel we have a shot because of her and Purcells history... but who really knows at this point nothing would surprise me
    I think it is two fold. Money has something to do with it, but she has national NIL deals so not the end all be all. I think the biggest thing for her is to show scouts she is better than what she put on the floor at LSU. Defensively, they hung her out to dry a bunch last year because their pick and roll defense was crap because Mulkey knew her bigs would get exposed if you pulled them from the basket.

vCash
    If people are in a bidding war for your services why would you commit? Let them run the price up on each other.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.