Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard Van Lith committed to Purcell today.

vCash
    I'm hearing Hailey Van Lith to TCU.. not sure if it's true or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Trying to piggyback off the Cavinder girl's NIL stuff. A pretty smart business decision since she doesn't have a pro future.

vCash
    Oh I agree, she will make a ton of money, especially at a Texas school. Just sucks we couldn't pull her in

vCash
    well damn. My streak of not watching girls basketball shall continue then.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Oh I agree, she will make a ton of money, especially at a Texas school. Just sucks we couldn't pull her in
    Yea I mean this was STRICTLY a business decision. The TV coverage for Big 12 women's basketball is....well....nonexistent. Hell Texas women were a no. 1 seed this year and I would venture a guess that no one knew they were even in the tournament. I see what TCU is doing, get two very attractive players who have big national NIL deals and we'll get more coverage but that is not going to work.

vCash
    Dang. Is Bowtie going to have enough chicks to field a starting roster next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yea I mean this was STRICTLY a business decision. The TV coverage for Big 12 women's basketball is....well....nonexistent. Hell Texas women were a no. 1 seed this year and I would venture a guess that no one knew they were even in the tournament. I see what TCU is doing, get two very attractive players who have big national NIL deals and we'll get more coverage but that is not going to work.
    Definitely agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Dang. Is Bowtie going to have enough chicks to field a starting roster next season?
    He has alot of spots to fill and alot of work to do. We lost alot of players to graduation and 5 more to the portal. He picked up a big yesterday who is from overseas and she looks pretty good, also picked up a 6'1 PG who played at Kentucky last year and South Carolina the year before, Jerkaila Jordan and Debreasha Powe are still on the team... but that's not going to be enough. He recruits well so I expect him to get some talent in the portal.

vCash
    Definitely agree
    Well now the other Cavinder is going back to Miami to play with her sister. The sister announced yesterday and the one that was committed to TCU for a year is now headed back to Miami. No clue if it will, but that may impact Van Lith’s decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yup. Oh well.

WBB was 5 mil in the red last year, men's was 500k in the red. Thank goodness for ESPN football welfare money.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lol and my fantasies of van lith just ended!

vCash
    Auburn On3 guy claiming that she hated ‘Vegas

vCash
    I mean you go from Louisville, KY to Baton Rouge, LA and then you are choosing between Starkville, MS or Ft. Worth, TX. Starkville was probably a bit of a culture shock to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I mean you go from Louisville, KY to Baton Rouge, LA and then you are choosing between Starkville, MS or Ft. Worth, TX. Starkville was probably a bit of a culture shock to her.
    Have you smelled Ft Worth?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I have, but there's also about a million people in Ft. Worth compared to maybe 50K in Starkville. I live in Dallas so have been to Ft. Worth plenty of times. A BUNCH of money out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    You could Baton Rouge in there too. That place is awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You could Baton Rouge in there too. That place is awful.
    Baton Rouge was never great and went downhill after Katrina, but it's gone from being bad to very unsafe in the last 10 years.

vCash
    To be honest she didn't really look excited to be at the baseball game but I didn't want to read too much into that.

vCash
    To be honest she didn't really look excited to be at the baseball game but I didn't want to read too much into that.
    That's because these kids want to be wined and dined on recruiting visits. Not taken to a softball game to stand around. Unfortunately, you can't really take them anywhere in Starkville because there's nothing to do. I mean you can take them to one of the 19 Mexican restaurants or the 17 fast food restaurants or maybe they want to go walk around at one of the two Walmarts! I mean even the Cotton District is what two bars you can kind of comfortably walk in and the rest you're packed in like a bunch of sardines.

Starkville needs to shed the blue collar mentality and embrace being cool. Embrace the Starkvegas crap or Swag Is State. Hell yea it's corny but Ole Miss fans have one magazine saying Oxford was a cool place 20+ years ago and they've embraced it and spewed it enough times that people believe it. It's nothing more than buy in
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 04-18-2024 at 04:51 PM.