Thread: FIRE LEMONIS!!

vCash

FIRE LEMONIS!!

I will be emailing our AD tomorrow about this shitshow, regardless of whether or not it will do any good. He needs to hear from all baseball bulldogs about how this is enough and beyond unacceptable. There needs to be so many emails sent this week that it makes HIM uncomfortable. I am done with this half ass garbage we call baseball these days and this worthless little league bunch of coaches running it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    I will be emailing our AD tomorrow about this shitshow, regardless of whether or not it will do any good. He needs to hear from all baseball bulldogs about how this is enough and beyond unacceptable. There needs to be so many emails sent this week that it makes HIM uncomfortable. I am done with this half ass garbage we call baseball these days and this worthless little league bunch of coaches running it.
    You do know those emails go to a secretary. He does not see any of those. I mean you are welcome to send one but ADs have secretaries to filter through all that. The high level people he may respond to, but most of them will call him or just walk into his office.

vCash
    We're not gonna fire him mid season but barring a miracle we'll have a new coach next year. Today was pitiful. Hardin was dominate in one inning Friday night and we never pitched him again. We had several chances last night to let him see if he could close it out and didn't do it. I hate losing to those turds up north.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We're not gonna fire him mid season but barring a miracle we'll have a new coach next year. Today was pitiful. Hardin was dominate in one inning Friday night and we never pitched him again. We had several chances last night to let him see if he could close it out and didn't do it. I hate losing to those turds up north.
    Yep, barring a miracle he’s done. As he should. Team shows fire then total collapse. Peculiar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You do know those emails go to a secretary. He does not see any of those. I mean you are welcome to send one but ADs have secretaries to filter through all that. The high level people he may respond to, but most of them will call him or just walk into his office.
    They for sure go through someone else, but he will know they came and the number that arrive. I do not expect a mid season termination of Lemon, I just want it done ASAP after our last out of the season.

vCash
    Based on how the games have played out this year we really have achieved the minimum. Other than maybe the A&M series every other weekend has always been what could have been. We should have swept LSU, should have swept Florida, should have swept Georgia and this weekend we should have at least taken 2 out of 3 from OM. We have lost 2 SEC games where we had a 4 run lead in the 8th. We lose nearly every competitive game we play in. This team finds more ways to choke than the Boston Strangler. The real kicker is I don't see how we can be as good or better next year? If we had a young team with our best players returning I could almost live with this season but who is going to replace Jordan and Hines in the lineup next year? Without them this season we have a mid-major lineup. I do feel.bad for Lemonis because we SHOULD be around 10 -5 in the league but yet we sit here 7-8. Unless we sweep Auburn next week I just don't see how we make post season. I'm really glad we don't have KY this year but we do have Vandy and Ark where we likely lose 5 out of 6. At this point I wish wish we had Mingione instead of Lemonhead.

vCash
    Lemonis has done about as much bad that could be done (outside of burning down The Dude) since winning the NC. He needs to be gone today. Why put off now what must be done eventually. This season is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    He needs to be gone today. Why put off now what must be done eventually.
    Because firing him today doesn't actually help us at all? We can still have "contact" with candidates and come to informal agreements. These days, you can fire a coach on a Friday and have the press conference for the new guy on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This season is over.
    Ehh. If we sweep Mizzou, take 2/3 from Auburn, and go 3-6 vs Bama/Arky/Vandy we're at 15-15 and in a regional. Are we playing good enough right now to do that? I do't think so. Are we so bad we couldn't possibly pull it off? Also no.

I said last June that my biggest fear was that the new PC would make us just good enough to make a regional, we'd keep Lemo, and we'd be bad after that because Lemo can't build a team and we'd lose jey palyers like Jordan. We're right on track for that disaster to happen. Make no mistake, I have no faith in Lemo and wanted us to fire him last year, BUT it's not right to declare the season "over" either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Because firing him today doesn't actually help us at all? We can still have "contact" with candidates and come to informal agreements. These days, you can fire a coach on a Friday and have the press conference for the new guy on Monday.

Ehh. If we sweep Mizzou, take 2/3 from Auburn, and go 3-6 vs Bama/Arky/Vandy we're at 15-15 and in a regional. Are we playing good enough right now to do that? I do't think so. Are we so bad we couldn't possibly pull it off? Also no.

I said last June that my biggest fear was that the new PC would make us just good enough to make a regional, we'd keep Lemo, and we'd be bad after that because Lemo can't build a team and we'd lose jey palyers like Jordan. We're right on track for that disaster to happen. Make no mistake, I have no faith in Lemo and wanted us to fire him last year, BUT it's not right to declare the season "over" either
    I think me and you maybe closer in thought on this than we both realize, just different ways of looking at it, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think me and you maybe closer in thought on this than we both realize, just different ways of looking at it, lol.
    Great minds and all that

vCash
    Great minds and all that
    Lol! Aweome!

vCash
    Didn?t get to watch the game today due to family obligations by just checked in the score.

So with the season and ultimately your job on the line, we get run ruled by our biggest rival to lose a series that we haven?t lost in almost a decade? Not to mention OM isn?t even a good team. What an embarrassment

vCash
    We're not going 3-6 against Bama/Upig/VU. Not happening cap'n. We will go 0-6 versus the pigs and commodores on the road and we're not going to sweep Bama. Nope, take the "L" outta lover.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    We're not going 3-6 against Bama/Upig/VU. Not happening cap'n. We will go 0-6 versus the pigs and commodores on the road and we're not going to sweep Bama. Nope, take the "L" outta lover.
    You know I'm no Lemo fan. BUT, we took 1/3 from A&M l, why not 1/3 from each of Arky and Vandy?

vCash
    We are all pissed, and rightfully so. Now walking through the remaining schedule, we need two of three next weekend, not get swept at Vandy, somehow sweep Bama, and get 3 or 4 between Arkansas and Mizzou. That would put us with 14-15 SEC wins. That would get you in both tournaments. It does not have you hosting though. For that reason, I still think you fire him at the end of the season unless you go on a 2018 type run. And unfortunately, that would hurt the program more down the line than it would help in the short term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Didn?t get to watch the game today due to family obligations by just checked in the score.

So with the season and ultimately your job on the line, we get run ruled by our biggest rival to lose a series that we haven?t lost in almost a decade? Not to mention OM isn?t even a good team. What an embarrassment
    Just got back from New Orleans. Run Ruled 14-2 are you fing kidding me. Did we get a hit from anyone in the 6-9 positions. Gotto needs to be fired Asap.

vCash
    You know I'm no Lemo fan. BUT, we took 1/3 from A&M l, why not 1/3 from each of Arky and Vandy?
    And Vandy is struggling. They're not the vandy of past years. AM destroyed them this weekend. I could see us winning 1/3 from each provided theres not a one run game or close lol!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-14-2024 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    Y?all keep dreaming about getting to 15. We know what kind of team we have at this point and it?s not a 15 SEC win team. We needed to win this series and blew it and with it Lemonis sealed his fate

vCash
    Hell! This team couldn't sweep our Softball team. I don't want to see men playing on women's teams but I can certainly see a couple of our girls striking out several of these clowns in a softball field. It is coaching first, but D1 level consistency is lacking at every position.