Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Head Coaching Hot Board

vCash
    Lemonis needs to be gone tonight! Polk and Powell could get more out of these mediocre ball players. As bad as ole miss is, they are better than State because of 1 person! Head Coach!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Nobody bitching about his fire. People have and arguably so questioned his stupidity. He's hurt his team two straight weekends with stupid bullshit.
    Last week yes, last night, no. What he did last night happens every day at every level.

vCash
    Pollard is the #1 on my list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    After the way our fans have reacted towards Johnny Long probably don?t want someone with fire that cusses.
    This is one part of what I was referring to in my post above about the nicest guy in the room. A bunch of fans wanted to fire Cohen his first two years because of his ?get in your face attitude!?

But in this world of college athletics, it is a cut throat business and we always want to be considered the nice guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    And we can get him. We need to be realistic this time around. We are a very attractive job in the college baseball space, but you are not going to get someone to leave a CWS type program to come be the HC. Just like Kentucky could not get Dan Hurley or Scott Drew we will not get Tony Vitello or Tim Tadlock.

vCash
    I like your list SV Steve, and I think most will agree with you. But for me, I would go no further than your no. 1, 2, and 3. Any of those 3 would please most all of us I think.

vCash
    Pollard would be my choice

vCash
    After the way our fans have reacted towards Johnny Long probably don?t want someone with fire that cusses.
    Will Clark had fire and cussed but I never saw him stand over someone who had slid back into 1st and knee them a couple of times while their trying to get up. That was being a punk.

I also never saw Will throw his bat a mile in the air after hitting his only HR this far into the season while he's only batting .250 either. I really wasn't bothered too much by last night tho, just thought for such an average player he might wanna rein it in some. It would be nice if he could throw someone out at 2nd too.

vCash
    Baseball is a lot different than other college sports. Doubt we could pull a sitting SEC head coach in 2024. Mingione has it made and Butch is Auburns Polk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Also, no I did not add Vitello because he is not coming. Same for Link Jarrett, Tim Corbin, Tim Tadlock, Dan McDonnell, or whatever other pipe dream candidates people throw out there. We had our chance to hire Vitello in 18 and did not even interview him.
    Butch and Mingione not leaving either

vCash
    There is having fire- which I am all for, then there is showing your ass in back to back weekends looking like a fool not backing up that shit talking. Its cool if you can back it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Thank goodness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Do we really want them? Butch might bring back Foxhall for Heaven's sakes and they are having an awful season. Mingione has a history of sputtering out at the end after white hot starts. Get used to playing St. Mary's a LOT if we hire him OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I really like his staff make up. He has some assistants with MLB scouting experience. That was the biggest draw with Cann. But with Pollard he's proven as a head coach and so very little risk of schenanigans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Do we really want them? Butch might bring back Foxhall for Heaven's sakes and they are having an awful season. Mingione has a history of sputtering out at the end after white hot starts. Get used to playing St. Mary's a LOT if we hire him OOC.

I really like his staff make up. He has some assistants with MLB scouting experience. That was the biggest draw with Cann. But with Pollard he's proven as a head coach and so very little risk of schenanigans.
    Id rather keep lemon over Pollard

vCash
    Give me Haire or Pollard.

Not sold on Walter. He?s been at WF for 15 years and wasn?t overly impressive until Muscara got there meaning the minute Muscara leaves it?s back to average. 4 regionals advanced to the supers twice in 14 years. 2 of those regionals and 1 of those advances coming during Muscaras tenure

vCash
    I still say you throw a blank check at Vitello. Make him tel you no a couple times. Then you go hire Haire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm curious as to why that is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lol that's silly

vCash
    Maybe Selmon will guarantee us it will be someone who has taken his team to Omaha multiple times.😎

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterDog View Post
    I like your list SV Steve, and I think most will agree with you. But for me, I would go no further than your no. 1, 2, and 3. Any of those 3 would please most all of us I think.
    I do not think it gets past 1 on my list. There is a reason Haire did not take the Bama job last year or the jobs he was offered after 22. He has been waiting for our job to open. We had boosters reaching out last year to gauge his interest before the LSU series.