Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now or never for the baseball team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No reason why he hasn't at least been our dh against right handed pitchers.
    Yeah he showed some promise at the plate early and then we haven't given him enough abs to stay sharp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree see my above post about Hardin. Inexcusable not to even give him a shot to close it last night, heck we gave everyone else a shot!
    Exactly we have everyone else a chance except the one guy that has been the most consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No reason why he hasn't at least been our dh against right handed pitchers.
    I agree. It would give him something to build on for next year.

vCash
    You have to be a terrible recruiter to not capitalize on two 50+ win seasons and a national championship your first 2 years at State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thing is Tyson Hardin is sitting there in the bullpen with I think it's up to 14 scoreless innings pitched now. He threw 12 pitches this weekend. Why hasn't he gotten a shot? And why didn't he pitch the 12th last night?

Lemonis is doing this to himself.
    That was a major head scratcher for me too. You take the lead in extras and you don?t bring in one of your best available?? I was like Apollo Creed in that moment, ?There is no tomorrow?!!! Do whatever it takes to win the series right then. To hell with tomorrow. Not only did we lose, but we gave them life and demoralized us in the process by the tune of a 10 run rule ass whipping! These are things that make people go nuts with Lemonis, and I understand.

vCash
    All of our left handed relievers have the same problem. They are either scared to pitch inside or don't know how to. They all have that slinger sweeper motion where they start it out over the plate and it ends up a foot outside to LH or a foot inside behind the RH batters back foot, even on fastballs. They need to hit a guy or two to see that they can pitch inside to lefties or outside corner to righties. Way too much sweep from left to right by the lefties in our pen.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 04-14-2024 at 10:03 PM.