Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We've got a bullpen full of puss**s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We had plenty of chances to step on their throat and did not. The only thing I am irked with Lemonis about in this one was putting Stevens out there. He did the same thing against Florida. He just does not have control in late game situations. It should never have mattered though. Larry should have made the play in the 10th that ends it.
    Glad someone else sees it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Right. Thanks!
    My bad on that one. I will own up to my mistake on it. You were not the one that said that about Stevens. You were in there talking about Forsythe. So my bad on misremembering that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    True but that's a routine play. Game over.
    If our best two hitters don't choke like a cheap hooker with RISP and less that 2 outs, we score more runs and maybe it doesn't matter. Lots of factors contributed to the loss. I just made a comment about how bad the bullpen was. Never did I say it was the only reason we lost. I choose to place most of the blame on them though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    If our best two hitters don't choke like a cheap hooker with RISP and less that 2 outs, we score more runs and maybe it doesn't matter. Lots of factors contributed to the loss. I just made a comment about how bad the bullpen was. Never did I say it was the only reason we lost. I choose to place most of the blame on them though.
    There is no doubt we wrote a book tonight on a thousand ways to lose a baseball game

vCash
    The area you blamed is correct because it is the most frequent. You are right though. If we step on their throat in the 8th and extend the lead out then it does not matter. They were probably a run or two away from rolling over and dying.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    My bad on that one. I will own up to my mistake on it. You were not the one that said that about Stevens. You were in there talking about Forsythe. So my bad on misremembering that one.
    No problem buddy. We all make mistakes.

vCash
    The biggest issue overall and not just this game to me is it's the same constant theme. Bullpen doesn't get the job done and we try to hit home runs when we just need to put the ball in play and we squander innings.

vCash
    We are just inconsistent in several areas. Striking out over 16 times against a very poor Ole Dixie pitching staff was sickening to watch.

As much as I like Johnny Long his homerun trot fired Ole Dixie up last night, I'm not saying it cost us the game, but he has to do better with his emotions.

Lemonis needs to take Larry out of the lead off spot and move everyone up. I have no idea what we need to do with a DH, but it's a black hole. Obviously our freshmen aren't ready for the moment to sow out we them, it is what it is.

Bottom line, we gotta recruit especially to our needs such as relief pitchers. It's easy to be critical when we lose, but today is a huge game for us to keep moving forward. We let a really bad Ole Dixie baseball team get fired up going into the Sunday game. Win today and all is good, lose and here we go again, LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm a buck-stops-with-the-coach guy. I don't blame players... I blame coaches. If the players blow a game, then the coach shoulda got better players
    Agree with this on the macro or long haul but in micro, short term one game - players got to own. Ultimately if we don't win enough over year, years then yeah that is on coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    We are just inconsistent in several areas. Striking out over 16 times against a very poor Ole Dixie pitching staff was sickening to watch.

As much as I like Johnny Long his homerun trot fired Ole Dixie up last night, I'm not saying it cost us the game, but he has to do better with his emotions.

Lemonis needs to take Larry out of the lead off spot and move everyone up. I have no idea what we need to do with a DH, but it's a black hole. Obviously our freshmen aren't ready for the moment to sow out we them, it is what it is.

Bottom line, we gotta recruit especially to our needs such as relief pitchers. It's easy to be critical when we lose, but today is a huge game for us to keep moving forward. We let a really bad Ole Dixie baseball team get fired up going into the Sunday game. Win today and all is good, lose and here we go again, LOL.
    Agree we lost this game in so many areas. The strike out watching I can't stand with RISP. Hines is a strike out machine now. Agree on DH too. These freshmen are not ready for SEC weekend. Surely we got someone else to put in there for weekend. We are playing than inning with 2 outs. Left pitchers in too long again. Bianco pulled his quick all night, got them the W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree we lost this game in so many areas. The strike out watching I can't stand with RISP. Hines is a strike out machine now. Agree on DH too. These freshmen are not ready for SEC weekend. Surely we got someone else to put in there for weekend. We are playing than inning with 2 outs. Left pitchers in too long again. Bianco pulled his quick all night, got them the W.
    I just thought watching the game last night we just didn't seem to be fired up, motivated or ready to play last night. I guess our problem is inconsistent, its decision making also in baseball, "take him out, leave him in".

Need to win today no doubt. We are no doubt sitting on the edge.

vCash

He hit a home run. I'm fine with his emotions.

vCash
    I just thought watching the game last night we just didn't seem to be fired up, motivated or ready to play last night. I guess our problem is inconsistent, its decision making also in baseball, "take him out, leave him in".

Need to win today no doubt. We are no doubt sitting on the edge.
    And now you say we weren't fired up enough.

Our fans can't decide what they want.

vCash
    This has been an excellent thread on repeat bitching of year long points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dude are you drunk? I'm talking about the pitching not lemonis. This thread is about the bullpen geez

If Larry makes that play the bullpen wins that game
    That's the whole problem for this team. They absolutely can't do anything when needed to win in a clutch time. Every team sort of has its personality and this one's is clear. It folds when the game is tight. We are now 1-5 in one run conference games and I believe we have lost around 9 games overall by one run. Every aspect of the team finds ways to lose when there is an opportunity to win. Just the nature of this team. Will be nice to make post season but we aren't going anywhere with a team that chokes at every opportunity in competitive games.

vCash
    My observation as a non coach was that none of the Dawg pitchers were sharp, all seemed to struggle.

vCash

Putting a freshman lefty at DH against a lefty is so stupid. Lemonis can’t get out of his own way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    This has been an excellent thread on repeat bitching of year long points.
    Year long?? We are going on almost 3 years with the same problem. We are still trying to replace Landon Sims.

vCash
    Don't kid yourself. It's not just in the bullpen, we've got the same problem in dugout.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Don't kid yourself. It's not just in the bullpen, we've got the same problem in dugout.
    I think we just have front runners in the dugout. Except Long, he may just have anger management issues.