Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: We hate Ole Miss - Game 2 thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    It's a three game series for a reason. Win two on the road and we've done the job.
    True but state didn?t step on their throat and gave a dead team life

OM wins series tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    It's a three game series for a reason. Win two on the road and we've done the job.
    We needed a sweep to make up for FL. They are not very good. But I guess that says something about us too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Long cost state that game behind the dish - he just wasn?t good late
    Our bullpen cost us the game….once again…..for the 3rd straight year. We have no alphas. We have a bunch of front runners. We have no one with the balls to demand the ball in crunch time.

vCash
    Where was the clutch from the big boys tonight? Non-existent. Hines with runners on- zippo! With nobody on 1st at bat or the game - K. Last at bat of the game solo HR. In between. Leaves a small village on the base paths.

Jordan will play in the big leagues even though he is a strike out machine. Hines might get to Double A. Then he will be playing American Legion ball until he is 45 like his old man!

vCash
    True but state didn?t step on their throat and gave a dead team life

OM wins series tomorrow
    I'm fine with this. I want whatever needs to happen to rid ourselves of lemonis. He isn't good... he's trash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Where was the clutch from the big boys tonight? Non-existent. Hines with runners on- zippo! With nobody on 1st at bat or the game - K. Last at bat of the game solo HR. In between. Leaves a small village on the base paths.

Jordan will play in the big leagues even though he is a strike out machine. Hines might get to Double A. Then he will be playing American Legion ball until he is 45 like his old man!
    You can be pissed about our hitters all you want, and you have every right to be. But we had a 7-3 lead in the 8th. This is once again on the piss poor bullpen. Just like it has been most games the last 2 and a half years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You can be pissed about our hitters all you want, and you have every right to be. But we had a 7-3 lead in the 8th. This is once again on the piss poor bullpen. Just like it has been most games the last 2 and a half years.
    Lemonis can't recruit. That's the problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm fine with this. I want whatever needs to happen to rid ourselves of lemonis. He isn't good... he's trash
    Whoa whoa… step away. No one is fine losing to OM.

vCash
    I do think they win the series tomorrow. State had a chance to bury them and proved "scrappy bunch" only goes so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    It doesn’t matter. You don’t lose games like this. Nor the one like last week against Georgia. Not if you’re any good. You just don’t
    We literally lose at least one game like this a weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Our bullpen cost us the game….once again…..for the 3rd straight year. We have no alphas. We have a bunch of front runners. We have no one with the balls to demand the ball in crunch time.
    Don?t disagree about pen being not good but he?s got to block those 2 balls - weren?t even tough balls to block

vCash
    Long cost state that game behind the dish - he just wasn?t good late
    The whole team is at fault here. Multiple innings with bases loaded and can't hang big crooked numbers. Leading 7-3 in the bottom of the 8th and pitching gives up 4 runs. Jordan dropped a ball he should've caught. We let the leadoff guy on from the 8th innning on. Long can't block. Larry fumbles away the last out. Stevens had a double play ball hit to him and he pulls Mershon off line. I mean all around pitiful effort.

And if the whole team is at fault it points back to the man in charge. How anyone want to keep Lemonis at this point I don't get. Who cares if we make a regional. It's clear he doesn't get the most out of his team
    Last edited by DawgFromOxford; 04-14-2024 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    If we make one final play at 2nd in bottom of 10th or 11th we win the game.

vCash
    Lemonis is 25-49 since we lost the previous staff's players. Lemonis is AIDS

vCash
    The best thing that can happen to our program is ridding ourselves of lemonis.

vCash
    No. He can't coach. Who puts a random freshman at DH to start a rivalry game? Leaves pitchers in too long- leaving Schuelke in too long with an umpire that couldn't see his pitches- whose fault is that? Why is Larry still leading off? NONE of that is on the players or their abilities. The coach is there for a reason to push the right buttons. Lemonis literally sits there and just lets whatever play out.

And I got the sense after last night he got cocky and was like "oh they'll figure it out because we almost always beat them." Well that attitude gets you beat. Starts at the top down.

vCash
    Who starts for us today (it?s morning now) and whos left to relieve?

vCash
    Dude I get your mad, but he has recruited some damn studs. Bednar was the alpha of alphas and he recruited him. Dakota Jordan is an insane talent. He found Stephen in the portal. I hate Lemonis more than anyone on this board, you yourself have said I go overboard with it, but to call him out for recruiting is the wrong lane completely. Call him out for his game management fine, but recruiting is the one thing you cannot call him out on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No. He can't coach. Who puts a random freshman at DH to start a rivalry game? Leaves pitchers in too long- leaving Schuelke in too long with an umpire that couldn't see his pitches- whose fault is that? Why is Larry still leading off? NONE of that is on the players or their abilities. The coach is there for a reason to push the right buttons. Lemonis literally sits there and just lets whatever play out.

And I got the sense after last night he got cocky and was like "oh they'll figure it out because we almost always beat them." Well that attitude gets you beat. Starts at the top down.
    He can't do anything. He's a weight around our necks... he's pulling us down. I'm fine with losing out if it gets rid of the problem - lemonis

vCash
    And don't get me started on Jordan and Hines taking donkey hacks with two strikes when all they have to do is put the bat on the ball. Neither one of them hit enough home runs to offset their strikeouts to make it worth it.

And the hitting coach does nothing to even try to change it.