Thread: I think this guy is spot on for us in football this season...video skip to 2:36

vCash

I think this guy is spot on for us in football this season...video skip to 2:36

Banned
    vCash
    He’s def a threat!!

vCash
    I think he is pretty spot on as far as this year. This is a rebuilding year for all intents and purposes. But I think it will be similar to 2009.

I am looking forward to the new offense. I was watching Oklahoma highlights tonight and the two things that I really am looking forward to the most are going to be the deep shots and tempo. Also, I really think our new QB's will fit the system well because going forward we're going to be getting guys that are mobile and can make some plays with their feet- Parson, Van Buren, and Taylor. But the difference is unlike Dan we're not going to ask the QB to be the primary runner- they're going to be looking to pass first.

I'm really interested to see what Taylor looks like in this scheme because he is built more like a prototypical QB prospect at 6'5-6'6" rather than Parson and Van Buren who are both around 6'0" and built more like Dillion Gabriel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think he is pretty spot on as far as this year. This is a rebuilding year for all intents and purposes. But I think it will be similar to 2009.

I am looking forward to the new offense. I was watching Oklahoma highlights tonight and the two things that I really am looking forward to the most are going to be the deep shots and tempo. Also, I really think our new QB's will fit the system well because going forward we're going to be getting guys that are mobile and can make some plays with their feet- Parson, Van Buren, and Taylor. But the difference is unlike Dan we're not going to ask the QB to be the primary runner- they're going to be looking to pass first.

I'm really interested to see what Taylor looks like in this scheme because he is built more like a prototypical QB prospect at 6'5-6'6" rather than Parson and Van Buren who are both around 6'0" and built more like Dillion Gabriel.
    My only concern with tempo is that when you don't get 1st downs (hopefully not an issue), you don't let your defense get any rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Unlike 2009 I hope we can pull out 6 wins and a lower bowl. That would be huge for a rebuilding year. I'm also really interested in seeing what Lebby can do with a full year of recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    My only concern with tempo is that when you don't get 1st downs (hopefully not an issue), you don't let your defense get any rest.
    I'm not too concerned about that. Usually the tempo kicks in after the first first down.

vCash
    I've got us with 7 wins if the defense works out and we get a good running back like Martinez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I've got us with 7 wins if the defense works out and we get a good running back like Martinez.
    He should be the SEC coach of the year if we have 7 wins. Hope so!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    He should be the SEC coach of the year if we have 7 wins. Hope so!!
    We've got talent. We just need to fill a few holes. RB, CB, Edge grabs will be big. I'm confident once the systems are installed and rolling we'll be better than we've been since Mullen was here.

vCash
    Lebby is going to run the QB till his tongue hangs out Todd

vCash
    Corrall and Gabriel ran it more than just about any QB that is not at a military academy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    That's fine because to me it's more about how he asks them to run. Lot more RPO's and scrambles rather than designed QB option runs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We've got talent. We just need to fill a few holes. RB, CB, Edge grabs will be big. I'm confident once the systems are installed and rolling we'll be better than we've been since Mullen was here.
    I agree. This staff appears to know how to recruit too. Good days ahead!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We are about to fill the running back hole this week, hopefully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    There may be a high quantity of qb runs but the qb takes way less hits than the Mullen read-option offense.

There are a lot of Oklahoma games from the past few years. When the qb runs, it is usually into a pocket of space opened up by the spacing and wr routes.

Corral took more hits, but it seemed like some of them were out of a stubborn determination to grab the extra yard.

If you watch a Relf/Prescott Mullen game vs a Lebby game it is night and day in how they run the qb.

vCash
    Anyone in the know - how is Jaden Walley looking? It would fantastic to see an in-state guy who stuck it out through 3 coaches have a big year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We are about to fill the running back hole this week, hopefully.
    Willing to share?