Thread: Ky Basketball Hire

vCash

Ky Basketball Hire

Gonna be interesting to see how many Coaches turn down the job. No doubt one of the best jobs in America but one hot seat to be in also!

vCash
    I may be a fool but I think KY wants Dan Hurley and they preparing to break the bank. Hurley made 5 million with a 1.5 million bonus for winning the title, again at UCONN.

I don't think he leaves but I am not positive. I think KY will pay much more than what UCONN is paying but at the very least, he gets a raise to stay at UCONN.

vCash
    The guy at Bama???

vCash
    I heard Billy Donovans name being tossed around, but who knows. I hope uk hires a dud and they fall flat on their faces.

vCash
    I think they get shot down by Hurley, oats, and Donovan. Therefore, I bet it's Scott Drew

vCash
    If Drew says no for some reason, I think Oats would be in the convo, 18 mil buyout or not.

vCash
    Classy statement and the way to go out:

“The fans need to hear another voice. We’d loved it here, but we think it’s time for us to step away and step away completely from the program.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Classy statement and the way to go out:

“The fans need to hear another voice. We’d loved it here, but we think it’s time for us to step away and step away completely from the program.”
    Yeah and he's right in that statement. Sometimes it's just best for all parties to get a fresh start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah and he's right in that statement. Sometimes it's just best for all parties to get a fresh start.
    I think he spent 13 years at Ky, now days that is a lifetime. Being 65 years old, it was time for him to change, i think he wants to Coach at least 5 more years and he knows that wasn't gonna happen at Ky.

vCash
    Drew has been at Baylor 21 years now. I wonder if he is looking to make a move at this point of comfortable where he is

I'd be surprised if Hurley left unless there is concern about moving forward with the new Superconferences and UConn's role

Auburn has bent over backwards for Pearl. Would suck for them if he left

That's a crazy buyout for Oats but Kentucky can afford it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I think you have to include Kelvin Sampson on this list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    I think you have to include Kelvin Sampson on this list.
    I am not sure if Kentucky can outbid Houston, honestly. Houston has at least 1 billionaire actively involved in UH sports. Tillman Fertitta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I heard Billy Donovans name being tossed around, but who knows. I hope uk hires a dud and they fall flat on their faces.
    So.....Jans to the Bulls ? ***

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't know anything about Houston's ability to pay, but one would think that the prestige/ status alone of UK would be tempting to a lot of coaches,

vCash
    UCONN's atheltic dept lost 30million in 2023 and 46.5 million in 2022 and that was with Hurley making 5 million with 1.5 bonus for winning title. Imagine getting into an arms race with KY with that happening.

The University is already supplementing sports at a high level and that is while winning back to back titles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    So.....Jans to the Bulls ? ***
    Sure, why not, lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Drew has been at Baylor 21 years now. I wonder if he is looking to make a move at this point of comfortable where he is

I'd be surprised if Hurley left unless there is concern about moving forward with the new Superconferences and UConn's role

Didn't know Drew has been at Baylor that long. Might be good for both sides at this point. Many rumored Coaches turning down the job, saw where Hurley said no, wants to go for 3 in a row.

Seems Pearl would fit in since he has been involved at two Sec schools. He would kill at Ky. Don't care for him but proven Coach for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I hope it is Oats or Pearl. Both fan bases need to drop back to reality. Both would probably win big at UK. Both would be stupid to turn down too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I may be a fool but I think KY wants Dan Hurley and they preparing to break the bank. Hurley made 5 million with a 1.5 million bonus for winning the title, again at UCONN.

I don't think he leaves but I am not positive. I think KY will pay much more than what UCONN is paying but at the very least, he gets a raise to stay at UCONN.
    Storrs is about the same as Starkvegas......pretty hard to find. Hurley should stay there. Not a lot of pressure even if he has an off year every now and then. Their campus is located in some of the most beautiful thick forest lands I've ever seen. Kind of an Ag school to boot.