Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis v Jans (you should be loyal to Lemonis)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And FWIW, I really wish jans wanted to be here like I want him to be. At the same time, I can see how we aren't a destination job for him. He isn't from MS. He didn't go to state. We aren't a national brand in MBK... we just aren't. We are those things in baseball though.
    Yeah. These 2 jobs are apples and oranges to me

vCash
    This crap about "loyalty" is utter nonsense. How "loyal" were we to arnett? Fired his butt (rightfully so) after 1 season, and then we cry bc jans interviews for a better job.
    I would argue SMU isn't a better job. And Faulk said this morning that jans put himself out there for that job. Not sure if true.

Not many places he can go and make 4 million.

But at this point I worry if he can sufficiently mend the fence with the fanbase if he stays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I would argue SMU isn't a better job. And Faulk said this morning that jans put himself out there for that job. Not sure if true.

But at this point I worry if he can sufficiently mend the fence with the fanbase if he stays.
    Dallas > Starkville
    SMU has big money. Not sure if they would use it for NIL.

vCash

Yeah I think the fact that he apparently he just wants out of Starkville is the problem, not the fact he's looking for a better job. I don't think anyone faults anyone for wanting to better themselves, but the fact it looks as if he just don't like it here, will be the issue with the fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I think the fact that he apparently he just wants out of Starkville is the problem, not the fact he's looking for a better job. I don't think anyone faults anyone for wanting to better themselves, but the fact it looks as if he just don't like it here, will be the issue with the fanbase.
    Correct. Now winning big can cure that in a hurry. If we are a 5 seed in the tourney next year, nobody will care anymore. But I'm not sure that's realistic for jans unless he hires an offensive coordinator.

Also, he needs to be recruiting instead of job shopping if he stays. Crucial portal time. At this point, it may be cleaner to just leave.

vCash
    Correct. Now winning big can cure that in a hurry. If we are a 5 seed in the tourney next year, nobody will care anymore. But I'm not sure that's realistic for jans unless he hires an offensive coordinator.

Also, he needs to be recruiting instead of job shopping if he stays. Crucial portal time. At this point, it may be cleaner to just leave.
    We went round and round with Mullen on that. Every year job shopping and playing like crap after Bama. I like Jans but if he is going to have one foot out the door then when need to get someone else.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    To be fair it is 2 totally different jobs. We are a top 10 job in baseball, we might not even be top 100 in basketball.

I had/have no problem with Jans interviewing with Arkansas but why on earth would he let that leak to the media?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, it's really apples and oranges. Our baseball program is probably Top 10 in the country while our basketball program is maybe Top 50 or 60? Of course our baseball coach is going to be more loyal to the program he is coaching than our basketball coach is.
    Top 60 is generous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good post and I agree. And this is why I say he should leave, I personally don't want a coach who doesn't want to be at State. If it's true that he doesn't like it, I don't understand why some people are saying they want him to stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Good post and I agree. And this is why I say he should leave, I personally don't want a coach who doesn't want to be at State. If it's true that he doesn't like it, I don't understand why some people are saying they want him to stay.
    How much you donating to the buy out to fire him then? Getting that new coach should be a piece of cake after firing Jans for interviewing after making 2 straight tournies. We demand "loyalty"

vCash
    Who cares if a coach is loyal if he is not good?

The only question with regard to Lemonis is whether or not he is good enough. I think most everybody likes the guy.

vCash
    How much you donating to the buy out to fire him then? Getting that new coach should be a piece of cake after firing Jans for interviewing after making 2 straight tournies. We demand "loyalty"
    I'm not donating a single penny! Did I once say he needed to be fired? I simply said I don't want a coach who doesn't want to be in Starkville, it's not that hard to comprehend. He should take a job elsewhere, there are more coming open as these positions get filled.

vCash
    I'm not donating a single penny!

Definitely a true MSU fan.....but demands total loyalty plus winning at a high level.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I'm not donating a single penny!

Definitely a true MSU fan.....but demands total loyalty plus winning at a high level.
    Did you read what I said I wasn't donating a single penny to?? He said why don't I donate for Jans' buyout. Thats dumb I never said fire the guy.

That being said since you want to interject, I've donated to the bulldog initiative and will continue to so don't call me out when you have no clue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    All this Jans talk had me thinking about Lemonis vs Jans, and why I feel loyalty to Lemonis.

Jans
    - obviously wants out : looking for other jobs
    - had asked for and received fan support
    - has improved NIL funds as fans support the program
    - we are a definite stepping stone to him it seems

Lemonis
    - does nothing but praise State baseball program as the premier place to be
    - constantly talks about the privilege the players have to feel for playing in front of our fans
    - can recruit
    - our team was not tough last year. We are now. He addressed the problem.
    - won national championship

I remember Moorhead and how he treated our program. Saying stuff like - ?people act like I inherited the 85 Bears?, etc,,, just nonsense.

Mullen at the end was looking for a job every year.

Lemonis makes no excuses. All i have heard is him saying the expectations are high here and are justified.

If you view Lemonis negatively, I think you should relook.
    Last two years, Jans in post season, Lemons not. Win or be gone. There's no loyalty to any individual in college athletics now, it's just the wins that matter.

vCash
    Ok well one has been to the tourney 2 years in a row and the other couldn?t even make our conference tourney 2 years in a row

vCash
    One has a national championship(our only one history whether you like him or not) and one hasn't won a postseason game. I like Jans and wish we could keep him. I don't mind people looking to better their employment as long as the constant shopping doesn't affect our program. Then it would be a problem

vCash
    This is a really dumb thread and a bad look.

Jans has done a great job and has our program much better than our historical norm. He interviewed for a better job. You know what? So have I. So have you. Imagine your boss calling you a disloyal piece of crap because you interviewed at a better job with better pay. You are that boss right now.

Lemo is amazing in absolutely every way... except for wins these past couple seasons. And ultimately that's what he's here for. If he keeps winning, all is good. If he loses, he's gotta go. Hes a great person but we shouldn't be "loyal" to any coach if they suck (I'm not saying he does, this is his "prove it" year so I'll let it play out).

We weren't "loyal" to JoMo or Arnett and I don't expect any coach to be "loyal" to us. Be grateful for the hard work these coaches put in. If a coach can get more money or a better home life elsewhere you shake his hand and wish him well on the way out. If he can't perform you shake that hand and wish him well as you hand him his buyout check. Be mature about it either way this and recognize this is a job to them

vCash
    If you have "loyalties" to a coach or player and not the Mississippi State Program, well, you're an idiot. There's no loyalty from coaches and players. I'm damn sure not loyal to them. I support Mississippi State. Go win games for my school.