Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cal to Arkansas?

vCash

vCash
    Now does UK go after Hurley or Oats?

vCash
    Thanks for the edits, scooba. For some reason, posting X posts is like reading Egyptian hieroglyphs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The fact cal is interested in leaving Kentucky for ark should be enough for us to realize jans being interested is warranted. I want Jans to stay
    I completely disagree, Cal is leaving Kentucky because he has underperformed recently and the alumni and fans are all over him. UK is a better job than Arkansas, Cal is just running away from it. Jans hasn't done enough at State to be publicly interviewing for jobs like he is, I'm sure he didn't put it out there, but it got out and now he looks stupid and lost respect from alot players and fans because we know he wants out. I wish he would leave because I don't want a coach that doesn't want to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I completely disagree, Cal is leaving Kentucky because he has underperformed recently and the alumni and fans are all over him. UK is a better job than Arkansas, Cal is just running away from it. Jans hasn't done enough at State to be publicly interviewing for jobs like he is, I'm sure he didn't put it out there, but it got out and now he looks stupid and lost respect from alot players and fans because we know he wants out. I wish he would leave because I don't want a coach that doesn't want to be here
    Unless we find a coach that's got ties to miss state, they will always be open to taking a better job. If a better job opened up that requested an interview with you today, would you turn it down for loyalty?

ETA... cal had a lifetime contract with a 30+ million buyout at Kentucky. That's pretty tough to walk away from.

I don't get my panties in a wad over coaches and players shopping themselves.
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-08-2024 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    Unless we find a coach that's got ties to miss state, they will always be open to taking a better job. If a better job opened up that requested an interview with you today, would you turn it down for loyalty?

ETA... cal had a lifetime contract with a 30+ million buyout at Kentucky. That's pretty tough to walk away from.

I don't get my panties in a wad over coaches and players shopping themselves.
    I'll say it again, I don't want a coach who doesn't want to coach at State and now we all know Jans will leave at the drop of a dime. And is Arkansas that great of a job now? Obviously they have more history than we do because of the Nolan Richardson days but what has Arkansas really done lately?

Say what you want about him but Rick Stansbury had plenty of opportunities to leave us, I remember when Clemson was trying to get him, he stayed and wanted to build a program, that's the type of Coach I want. Yes it's a business and we all understand that but Jans hasn't done enough yet to be publicly interviewing for jobs.

What recruit wants to come play for him now? How will he sell our program when recruits know he tried leaving? It's a bad look for him.

vCash
    I'll say it again, I don't want a coach who doesn't want to coach at State and now we all know Jans will leave at the drop of a dime. And is Arkansas that great of a job now? Obviously they have more history than we do because of the Nolan Richardson days but what has Arkansas really done lately?

Say what you want about him but Rick Stansbury had plenty of opportunities to leave us, I remember when Clemson was trying to get him, he stayed and wanted to build a program, that's the type of Coach I want. Yes it's a business and we all understand that but Jans hasn't done enough yet to be publicly interviewing for jobs.

What recruit wants to come play for him now? How will he sell our program when recruits know he tried leaving? It's a bad look for him.
    With NIL, players leave after 1 season anyway. They sign 1 year deals now.

Ark is giving Cal 6 million a year for NIL, so yeah, they're that much better.

And guess what on stansbury, he got fired after not making the tourney 3 seasons in a row. Loyalty is something fans like to talk about, but they don't exercise. Again, see arnett.
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-08-2024 at 03:04 PM.

vCash
    With NIL, players leave after 1 season anyway. They sign 1 year deals now.

Ark is giving Cal 6 million a year for NIL, so yeah, they're that much better.
    It's strange to me that some of you want a guy to stay who doesn't really want to be here. I have no issues with him or anyone else looking for better jobs but that shouldn't have gotten out to the public because thats how you lose the fanbase and recruiting. From what I've heard he simply just doesn't like it in Starkville.. if that's true he needs to leave

vCash
    It's strange to me that some of you want a guy to stay who doesn't really want to be here. I have no issues with him or anyone else looking for better jobs but that shouldn't have gotten out to the public because thats how you lose the fanbase and recruiting. From what I've heard he simply just doesn't like it in Starkville.. if that's true he needs to leave
    Some of us just think more than others. Jans is a good coach, and firing him would be about as dumb a move you could make.

vCash
    And lest we forget, our loyalty demanding fans were ready to fire jans after our blow out loss at bama

vCash
    And lest we forget, our loyalty demanding fans were ready to fire jans after our blow out loss at bama
    You wanted him fired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You wanted him fired
    Oops, lol! You know 7 gets emotional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You wanted him fired
    Exactly! None of us are loyal to any coach, so why should they be loyal to us? It's a business.

ETA... I wanted him fired way before the Bama game this year; it was Florida last year. I was wrong.

vCash
    I actually will respect Calipari a little over this. I doubt he is coming out ahead by being at Arkansas compared to waiting for his buyout. I mean, it shouldn't be hard to have a lot of goodwill for a fanbase that has paid you as much as UK's has paid him, but still nice that he is basically letting UK get out of this unscathed (unless it comes out that he negotiated a chunk of his buyout in exchange for voluntarily leaving).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Oops, lol! You know 7 gets emotional.
    Very. In games though, I can use my head while not in the heat of a win/loss.

vCash
    Very. In games though, I can use my head while not in the heat of a win/loss.
    I agree with you on that. I've seen you go crazy in games and then come back to rationality later or the next day. Also you are one of the very few on here who will admit being wrong.

vCash
    It's probably just me, but I can't see paying $8M/year for a basketball coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree with you on that. I've seen you go crazy in games and then come back to rationality later or the next day. Also you are one of the very few on here who will admit being wrong.
    I'll 2nd this. He's actually gotten better in game too.

I kinda miss the historic in game meltdowns by 7 **

vCash
    Some of us just think more than others. Jans is a good coach, and firing him would be about as dumb a move you could make.
    So obviously you want him here and that's fine, I don't hate the guy I just don't want a coach with one foot out of the door coaching our program. That being said do you not think this hurts recruiting? Affects attendance? Runs off the fanbase? I just don't see how it's a good thing.

vCash
    So obviously you want him here and that's fine, I don't hate the guy I just don't want a coach with one foot out of the door coaching our program. That being said do you not think this hurts recruiting? Affects attendance? Runs off the fanbase? I just don't see how it's a good thing.
    What affects recruiting? NIL money
    Our attendance has sucks for years