vCash

Tough weekend for ranked teams

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    LSU was still ranked? LOL.

vCash
    We should get a good bump up in the polls

vCash
    LSU shouldn't have been top 20 anyway. FLorida was criminally overrated and their record honestly doesn't deserve to be top 20. Kentucky is criminally underrated and should be top 5, and Bama shouldn't drop much because of that. NC State shouldn't drop because we didn't drop after losing 2/3 to A&M. Wake should be top 20 but not sure VT drops out of the top 20.

Ultimately, we had a home series vs an unranked team and won 2/3 by the smallest margin possible. 3 games all tied/us losing in the 8th inning. An UGA error the only reason we didn't drop the series outright. Honestly, neutral site we lose that series. We shouldn't drop because of it but it also isn't a "feather in our cap" so to speak worthy of bumping us up

vCash
    Georgia was just outside the Top 25 and has the country's HR leader as well as one of the nation's most potent line-ups. You're acting like we played ****ing garbage this weekend. Our fans are such morons. Georgia is highly likely to make the Tourney and very dangerous

vCash
    I love it tho- so many posters said this team would suck and Lemon was a waste. Surely to be fired.

We are about to be ranked in the Top 20 and 6-6 in the SEC so far when fans expected a 3-9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Georgia was just outside the Top 25 and has the country's HR leader as well as one of the nation's most potent line-ups. You're acting like we played ****ing garbage this weekend. Our fans are such morons. Georgia is highly likely to make the Tourney and very dangerous
    Nowhere did I say they were garbage. I agree they will make the tourney and honestly, they should have been ranked higher than us going into this weekend. We got a massive bumb by beating LSU that wound up being fools gold, but I disgress.

I'm speaking "ranking logic". The polls said we were ranked and UGA not, therefore we SHOULD win 2/3 on a neutral field. Add in homefield advantage, and the fact we BARELY won 2/3 isn't something that should make the poll creators impressed and move us up more than they had us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I love it tho- so many posters said this team would suck and Lemon was a waste. Surely to be fired.

We are about to be ranked in the Top 20 and 6-6 in the SEC so far when fans expected a 3-9
    My god man let the season play out before you claim victory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Nowhere did I say they were garbage. I agree they will make the tourney and honestly, they should have been ranked higher than us going into this weekend. We got a massive bumb by beating LSU that wound up being fools gold, but I disgress.

I'm speaking "ranking logic". The polls said we were ranked and UGA not, therefore we SHOULD win 2/3 on a neutral field. Add in homefield advantage, and the fact we BARELY won 2/3 isn't something that should make the poll creators impressed and move us up more than they had us.
    But weren't people just complaining about us not winning close games? Well this weekend says we may have changed that by winning close games. There are no style points in baseball a close win is a win period. Every win in the sec is earned regardless!

vCash
    Series most definitely was a toss up. We won on error with our last at bat. Two evenly matched teams. We all make mistakes about sports.
    Doesn’t hurt my feeling being wrong. I like winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Series most definitely was a toss up. We won on error with our last at bat. Two evenly matched teams. We all make mistakes about sports.
    Doesn’t hurt my feeling being wrong. I like winning.
    Well said base! An error helped us win today an idiotic decision in Birmingham helped them win last night. That's baseball lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well said base! An error helped us win today an idiotic decision in Birmingham helped them win last night. That's baseball lol
    I agree. Every weekend is a battle, we lost our swag last two years. I think we are getting it back now. Need take the next series on the road. Ole Dixie will probably play their hardest. We are better no doubt, I like what I saw this weekend.

vCash
    But weren't people just complaining about us not winning close games?!
    Were they? I hadn't seen it. Personally, I don't want to win ANY close game because I want to blow everyone out lol

There are no style points in baseball a close win is a win period
    OK, but if a "win is a win" then a "loss is a loss" and you've got to account for our awful non-con record and RPI. And we can't pretend the team has grown beyond that because 5 days ago we were getting destroyed by Central Arkansas

vCash
    This.

Yall act like we didn't make errors in the game. Are yall forgetting hujsak getting thrown out? Had he been paying attention then he would have been walked home with the next batter and who knows what happens after that.

vCash
    And we were without our third baseman for some reason and our catcher.

I still don't understand how they didn't have to sit both theirs out and how the guy that got the HR was still able to play today.
    I hope that isn't over.

vCash
    Were they? I hadn't seen it. Personally, I don't want to win ANY close game because I want to blow everyone out lol

OK, but if a "win is a win" then a "loss is a loss" and you've got to account for our awful non-con record and RPI. And we can't pretend the team has grown beyond that because 5 days ago we were getting destroyed by Central Arkansas
    My goodness then you haven't been reading the board. For the last 2 week's multiple posters have been saying we have no clutch players because we keep losing one run games. Go look it's not hard to find because I've debated them on it. You don't watch other college teams play do you? I can tell because if you watch teams from around the country(outside of a very few)you see the same thing you're complaining about us about. We have talent we have toughness. Our pitching and defense has been stellar and that's what wins in baseball. I challenge you to watch some other teams play and you might just find out we're pretty good.

Let's see how the season plays out.

vCash
    My goodness then you haven't been reading the board. For the last 2 week's multiple posters have been saying we have no clutch players because we keep losing one run games. Go look it's not hard to find because I've debated them on it. You don't watch other college teams play do you? I can tell because if you watch teams from around the country(outside of a very few)you see the same thing you're complaining about us about. We have talent we have toughness. Our pitching and defense has been stellar and that's what wins in baseball. I challenge you to watch some other teams play and you might just find out we're pretty good.

Let's see how the season plays out.
    The close losses have really been our pitching faltering in crunch time. But I'm pretty sure those are also pretty young pitchers that did. And they've all shown flashes from what little I've seen, they just need to be more consistent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    The close losses have really been our pitching faltering in crunch time. But I'm pretty sure those are also pretty young pitchers that did. And they've all shown flashes from what little I've seen, they just need to be more consistent.
    100%

vCash
    Without looking it up ... this team probably ain't far off from where the Natty team was relative to SEC W/L. Now non-conference is probably different tho. We do need to do better there.

ETA: Not saying we're an Omaha team but I ain't seeing too many SEC teams that are wowing me. Arky, UK, maybe Vandy.

vCash
    LSU shouldn't have been top 20 anyway. FLorida was criminally overrated and their record honestly doesn't deserve to be top 20. Kentucky is criminally underrated and should be top 5, and Bama shouldn't drop much because of that. NC State shouldn't drop because we didn't drop after losing 2/3 to A&M. Wake should be top 20 but not sure VT drops out of the top 20.

Ultimately, we had a home series vs an unranked team and won 2/3 by the smallest margin possible. 3 games all tied/us losing in the 8th inning. An UGA error the only reason we didn't drop the series outright. Honestly, neutral site we lose that series. We shouldn't drop because of it but it also isn't a "feather in our cap" so to speak worthy of bumping us up
    How about looking at it in the correct view point... we have a team that won't stop fighting and very well SHOULD have swept (instead of just winning the series) if not for one of the worst fuc*ups by the sec in conference history.