Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
My goodness then you haven't been reading the board. For the last 2 week's multiple posters have been saying we have no clutch players because we keep losing one run games. Go look it's not hard to find because I've debated them on it. You don't watch other college teams play do you? I can tell because if you watch teams from around the country(outside of a very few)you see the same thing you're complaining about us about. We have talent we have toughness. Our pitching and defense has been stellar and that's what wins in baseball. I challenge you to watch some other teams play and you might just find out we're pretty good.

Let's see how the season plays out.
There was literally a thread about be 1-7 in one run games or something.

Our fans do really need to go watch a college baseball game somewhere other than Dudy Noble for a game or two. Not Millsaps. Like Memphis or Arkansas State. Or really any other SEC team.

Really the two major issues I honestly see are we don't have a defined Sunday starter mostly because apparently they were expecting Dohm back but I think they definitely need to pivot on that now and we probably will and we still don't have a defined closer. But we do have Schulke, Hardin, and Tyler Davis that appear to be capable. I'm not even going to factor in Dohm there at this point. I think if we settle on the Sunday spot it will help the bullpen a lot because we constantly overextend guys like Siary.

We're not perfect- but we're solid in most spots. Like Kohler and Long give us only so much on offense but they defend well and Long leads. Larry is slumping a bit but still finds ways on base. Hines and Jordan do too much sometimes but they're also very dangerous. Chance isn't all SEC but he doesn't usually strike out. Hujsack strikes out too much sometimes but he also causes things to happen and is the third most dangerous hitter in out lineup.