Thread: Lemo post game interview thoughts

Banned
    vCash

Lemo post game interview thoughts

I have to say? I?ve been absolutely hammering Lemo. And rightfully so to a point. BUT, this interview helped me see things perhaps a little differently. He defended his kids. That is all I wanted to see. I jumped the gun in a previous post. Now, don?t get me wrong, I still want him gone if we aren?t in the hosting discussion but I?m far more upset now with the off site officials than with Lemo. Seems the umps on the field didn?t have much say in it.

vCash
    This all came from Birmingham and that little turd Wes Johnson for asking for a review of that crap

vCash
    I saw Lemonis's press conference. I was satisfied with how he handled it.

One really interesting moment was when Steve Robertson was asking a question and Lemonis just fired back at him "Are you trying to get me fired?"

He took up for the players which is really all I wanted to see. He clarified that it wasn't the umpires fault and that the umpires were apologizing to us and that it was coming from Birmingham.

What I want to see now is MSU and Zac Selmon stand up for our team. We need to appeal and push for that to be resolved tomorrow in the morning. And for it to be resolved appropriately in that- the guys suspended except for Long get reinstated to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This all came from Birmingham and that little turd Wes Johnson for asking for a review of that crap
    They've been upset ever since we convinced Dakota to stay in Starkville.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

One really interesting moment was when Steve Robertson was asking a question and Lemonis just fired back at him "Are you trying to get me fired?"

He took up for the players which is really all I wanted to see. He clarified that it wasn't the umpires fault and that the umpires were apologizing to us and that it was coming from Birmingham.

What I want to see now is MSU and Zac Selmon stand up for our team. We need to appeal and push for that to be resolved tomorrow in the morning. And for it to be resolved appropriately in that- the guys suspended except for Long get reinstated to play.
    This^^. This is exactly what I’m saying

vCash

Lemonis did everything he could do short of driving to Birmingham and punching out some review officials. The umpires on the field though could've solved it quick if they had ejected long then I believe none of that other stuff happens. This was an embarrassment for the sec and college baseball. Absolutely pathetic on the folks in Birmingham. I wished somebody would punch Wes Johnson in the throat though lol!

vCash
    Lemonis did everything he could do short of driving to Birmingham and punching out some review officials. The umpires on the field though could've solved it quick if they had ejected long then I believe none of that other stuff happens. This was an embarrassment for the sec and college baseball. Absolutely pathetic on the folks in Birmingham. I wished somebody would punch Wes Johnson in the throat though lol!
    I'm not exactly sure they would have kicked him out if the SEC didn't make them. One thing that isn't being talked about enough IMO is the runner slid into him and that's really what started it. And that is something that the umpire is supposed to eject players for. Sure there was pushing and talking but there were no punches thrown. And I don't really have that big of a problem with Georgia's runner sliding into him and not getting ejected because it's a baseball play and it's a bang bang play.

To me it sets a potentially bad precedent. Hey, take out the catcher or talk smack to them and we can get the other team completely ejected. Just everyone that goes out on the field make sure you're wearing a hoodie. Is this really how the SEC wants to interpret the rules?

vCash
    I'm not exactly sure they would have kicked him out if the SEC didn't make them. One thing that isn't being talked about enough IMO is the runner slid into him and that's really what started it. And that is something that the umpire is supposed to eject players for. Sure there was pushing and talking but there were no punches thrown. And I don't really have that big of a problem with Georgia's runner sliding into him and not getting ejected because it's a baseball play and it's a bang bang play.

To me it sets a potentially bad precedent. Hey, take out the catcher or talk smack to them and we can get the other team completely ejected. Just everyone that goes out on the field make sure you're wearing a hoodie. Is this really how the SEC wants to interpret the rules?
    I agree, this sets a tremendously bad precedent for the future. This was one of the biggest screwups in the history of baseball as far as the interpretation of a rule. Just no common sense or rationale.

vCash
    I agree, this sets a tremendously bad precedent for the future. This was one of the biggest screwups in the history of baseball as far as the interpretation of a rule. Just no common sense or rationale.
    Maybe I have too much faith in humanity. I'm a bit of an optimist. But I just have this feeling that this is probably going to get fixed.

And if I'm wrong it completely wouldn't surprise me.

There are some very real safety issues here. We're probably going to have to start a pitcher in the OF. And our third catcher is probably going to have to start at third base. So if Powell who just came off of concussion protocol gets hurt then you're going to have to put a pitcher at third base probably. Heck if anybody gets hurt you're probably looking at starting a pitcher somewhere else.

Another thing that is wrong here no matter how you feel about Lemonis if we end up at 13-17 and don't make a regional because we lost a game where we're starting pitchers in two spots of the lineup- that could cost him his job.

vCash
    Maybe I have too much faith in humanity. I'm a bit of an optimist. But I just have this feeling that this is probably going to get fixed.

And if I'm wrong it completely wouldn't surprise me.

There are some very real safety issues here. We're probably going to have to start a pitcher in the OF. And our third catcher is probably going to have to start at third base. So if Powell who just came off of concussion protocol gets hurt then you're going to have to put a pitcher at third base probably. Heck if anybody gets hurt you're probably looking at starting a pitcher somewhere else.

Another thing that is wrong here no matter how you feel about Lemonis if we end up at 13-17 and don't make a regional because we lost a game where we're starting pitchers in two spots of the lineup- that could cost him his job.
    I agree. This is an ugly situation. Maybe we can start cupp at third. Loo was a highly rated ss and switch hitter coming out of hs so he could probably play somewhere. Stevens can play 1b. Downs In left field. McKenzie in of somewhere. Maybe we won't have to use any pitchers accept maybe Lo. I'm sure Chester will be at second.oh and there's Michael O'Brien too.

I hope it gets fixed.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-07-2024 at 02:49 AM.

vCash
    Well I guess the good part is our offense couldn’t get much worse with a bunch of pitchers hitting…

vCash
    If Birmingham made the ejections, who we appealing to, the Supreme Court? If Birmingham did we, we screwed

vCash
    I agree. This is an ugly situation. Maybe we can start cupp at third. Loo was a highly rated ss and switch hitter coming out of hs so he could probably play somewhere. Stevens can play 1b. Downs In left field. McKenzie in of somewhere. Maybe we won't have to use any pitchers accept maybe Lo. I'm sure Chester will be at second.oh and there's Michael O'Brien too.

I hope it gets fixed.
    You know if they had 3 of their 4 starting hitters thrown out like us and a few others guys thrown out and it wasn't so much on the line, I'd be kind of excited about watching this. If we'd have won last night and just one game suspension it wouldn't be so bad either. However this just sucks every which way you throw it. Selmon and Keenum should have been waking people up last night. I hope they made some people at the SEC mad last night. Like Lemonis said, this was national TV and they should be embarrassed.

vCash
    Well first off, IF we lose today and hope we road kill the Hogs, we will be 1-3 in Sec series, not good. Second, I like Long a lot but I don't understand his reaction to the guy sliding into him. Thirdly, I'm not a Wes Johnson fan but I see nothing wrong with his request to review, he didn't have played suspended the B'Ham Sec office did.

We did lose last night because of the ruling, we got beat because we have been sleeping or slipping in our offense. Georgia pitching was good as ours, but we are in a terrible hitting slump now for over a week!

I know some will disagree with what I said, but we gotta get it done somehow today. This is a critical game that is early, we can't afford to lose home field advantage today. Lord knows it is hard to win on the road even next week against a bad Ole Dixie team.

vCash
    6 of starting 9 out... no way we win today

vCash
    good news update