Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jans interviewing for Arkansas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Same here, he must either:

Not like Starkville (or his wife)
    Has some rub with somebody in the administration

Otherwise it does not make sense to go to AR! I do not see how they are a better job.
    Seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Darrell Walker of ark LR is also being interviewed today. If you believe tRant, wade used ark to get raise at mcneese. No idea he really turned em down, but if he's looking for bigger than ark, no way we pull em
    Wade will be a tough pull for us, but you gotta try.

If Jans is interviewing in person today, it's over. One way or the other, it's over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Seriously?
    If the size of the arena is the most important factor, then sure.

But we have owned them the past 9 years with a 11 wins and only 2 losses.

And yes I have spent time in northwest Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuteredDawg View Post
    The Starkville factor hits again. Outside of campus it?s a dump.
    Apparently we will never be able to keep a coach without a Target. ***

vCash
    If Jans is hired at Arkansas, our MBK program is finished immediately. In other words, we are the worst program in the West. That's cool because football needs serious serious concentration. But even if Jans returns it will have a negative effect on the program and whether he makes the tourney next year will be irrelevant because he isn't committed. He won't be here for the 25-26 season. Let's please, please make this an opportunity for football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If Jans is hired at Arkansas, our MBK program is finished immediately. In other words, we are the worst program in the West. That's cool because football needs serious serious concentration. But even if Jans returns it will have a negative effect on the program and whether he makes the tourney next year will be irrelevant because he isn't committed. He won't be here for the 25-26 season. Let's please, please make this an opportunity for football.
    I hope he leaves. No one will be fired up over basketball knowing he wants out. As far as emphasizing football goes that would be fine with me. But you know State will try to get a good coach and compete.

vCash
    Chris Beard was offered the Arkansas job and quickly turned it down. KSU?s coach, Tang, was also approached but reupped with the Wildcats.

I am surprised the Jans? interview was made public. This makes it uncomfortable to return in the event he is not selected. I would not be surprised to see the Hogs turn to former player Darrell Walker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FoggyBottom View Post
    Chris Beard was offered the Arkansas job and quickly turned it down. KSU?s coach, Tang, was also approached but reupped with the Wildcats.

I am surprised the Jans? interview was made public. This makes it uncomfortable to return in the event he is not selected. I would not be surprised to see the Hogs turn to former player Darrell Walker.
    Supposedly Arkansas didn't meet beard's NIL requirements. If ark isn't gonna spend, not sure Jans moves the needle for them. Jans will make the tourney there, but probably won't pull the talent to win like ark wants to win

vCash
    Walker is 82-99 (50-56) at UALR. Why him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Walker is 82-99 (50-56) at UALR. Why him?
    He is a courtesy interview most likely
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    And why would we create a contract that allows a coach to look around and interview all he wants to with no repercussions? Did State not learn the lessons from Merlin's and Schaefers? Admin, use a little common sense!
    Because we don't pay the buy out and our players don't leave.

vCash
    Supposedly Arkansas didn't meet beard's NIL requirements. If ark isn't gonna spend, not sure Jans moves the needle for them. Jans will make the tourney there, but probably won't pull the talent to win like ark wants to win
    Jans wants out. If he's offered, he's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Never said differently. I would to if I were him. Ark is a much better job

vCash
    Never said differently. I would to if I were him. Ark is a much better job
    Arkansas isn't Richardson Arkansas anymore. They aren't nearly what some people think. It's marginally better, & that's about it otherwise they'd be making a bigger hire than Jans.

vCash
    Arkansas isn't Richardson Arkansas anymore. They aren't nearly what some people think. It's marginally better, & that's about it otherwise they'd be making a bigger hire than Jans.
    The fact their fans show up makes it better just by myself

vCash
    Yes, but is there a Target in Fayetteville? If you don't want a small town is Fayetteville the place to go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Our next coach is only 2.5 hours away in Homewood, AL and he goes by ?Bucky?.
    Huh???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Huh???
    Bucky McMillan of Samford

vCash
    It?s me

vCash
    If this is true and he is interviewing its over with us even if he doesn't get hired. How could he come back to the team and face the players, admin and fans with everyone knowing he is trying to get out. We need to be looking for a new coach right now! Will Wade sounds good to me but would he be interested?