Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jans interviewing for Arkansas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Well, the fact that he is interviewing and he hasn't been told to pack his bags shows how weak our admin is. The fact is Men's Basketball ranks 4th in importance to State Admin and State Fans. It is what it is. State a basketball hasn't been in the Top 2 ever and it hasn't been in the Top 3 since Stansbury was run off. There are a few hundred sometimes vocal message board fans who hated Stans and his team family dynamic, but Thousands of State fans loved him and felt he should have had a chance to right the ship. Then, the clown that was forced upon the State "Family" to coach just pushed more fans away. Then boring styles of basketball made things less palatable.
    Why would we fire him and pay his buyout? Have a little common sense.

vCash
    This guy wants out of Starkville. He's talking to everybody that will listen. Arkansas wasn't the first and won't be the last if he misses out on it. It's been rumored for awhile and those rumors are obviously true- It's Dan Mullen 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If he wants out that bad then I'm sure that he'd wave his buyout. However it's better for us if the place he goes has to pay us his buyout. Either way Selmon is having a busy weekend

vCash
    It's going to be interesting to see how long Selmon stays. Possibly hit on football. Now we'll see basketball. Has been fixing our nil.

vCash
    Our next coach is only 2.5 hours away in Homewood, AL and he goes by ?Bucky?.

vCash
    Looks like Faulk has informed people on On3 that Jans will be the next coach at arky. Go get will wade yesterday and thank your lucky stars that Arky did this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Our next coach is only 2.5 hours away in Homewood, AL and he goes by ?Bucky?.
    This would be a good hire

vCash
    I would be good with him as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Looks like Faulk has informed people on On3 that Jans will be the next coach at arky. Go get will wade yesterday and thank your lucky stars that Arky did this.
    Well it's so nice that we can train coaches and ADs for the rest of the league.***

Embarrassing

vCash
    I am on the fence about Wade, but we shall see. Jans will do well at Arkansas, they are all in for Basketball which will help him recruit. Not sure we will ever win in Basketball enough, we never have but just a few years overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well it's so nice that we can train coaches and ADs for the rest of the league.***

Embarrassing
    It's what it is in todays sports, you don't see guys around long now days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I would like to understand why he is interviewing 'all over' after only 2 years and Hubbard and Matthew's coming back? He's yet to even have a winning record in the SEC and really hasn't even gotten things fully established. Still been mostly using Howland's guys.

vCash
    Apparently he's just doesn't like Starkville and that's ok, it's a small town so it's not for everyone. My problem with it though is you've had the sec player of the year this year and will have the front runner for it next year. What more can you ask for to build a good team around? Our basketball resources have been plentiful in the past so unless something has changed, then I don't know what else he expects

vCash
    We find the right guy, he will come here, do well and stay. Until then get whoever can recruit and win. Now I don't know about Wade. Too much for me.

vCash
    I want what's best for all our programs. The best thing is for Jans to come back. But damage is being done now and the more he does this, the worse it's going to be. Maybe he's back another season but we need to be looking for another coach. I'd pull the contract offer now too. That buyout would go up if he wants a contract. Otherwise, play out the current one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    This and it's not just sports either. It's in every line of work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    And why would we create a contract that allows a coach to look around and interview all he wants to with no repercussions? Did State not learn the lessons from Merlin's and Schaefers? Admin, use a little common sense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I would like to understand why he is interviewing 'all over' after only 2 years and Hubbard and Matthew's coming back? He's yet to even have a winning record in the SEC and really hasn't even gotten things fully established. Still been mostly using Howland's guys.
    Same here, he must either:

Not like Starkville (or his wife)
    Has some rub with somebody in the administration

Otherwise it does not make sense to go to AR! I do not see how they are a better job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Same here, he must either:

Not like Starkville (or his wife)
    Has some rub with somebody in the administration

Otherwise it does not make sense to go to AR! I do not see how they are a better job.
    Way better job, they have a really nice arena with it being very loud. They have been good in basketball way longer than Msu.

vCash
    The Starkville factor hits again. Outside of campus it?s a dump.