Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jans interviewing for Arkansas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I hope he leaves. No one will be fired up over basketball knowing he wants out. As far as emphasizing football goes that would be fine with me. But you know State will try to get a good coach and compete.
    Yeah, he needs to go whether Arkansas hires him or not. If he doesn't get the job and comes back he'll spew the rah rah "I'm all Dawg" bs, but his arse can kick rocks and pound sand. If we ain't good enough get the eff out. He's dead to me now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    If this is true and he is interviewing its over with us even if he doesn't get hired. How could he come back to the team and face the players, admin and fans with everyone knowing he is trying to get out. We need to be looking for a new coach right now! Will Wade sounds good to me but would he be interested?
    Mullen apparently didn't have any trouble coming back and facing the players. But seriously, Jans is not a top line recruiter any way so I don't see how this would help get the players he needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Mullen apparently didn't have any trouble coming back and facing the players. But seriously, Jans is not a top line recruiter any way so I don't see how this would help get the players he needs.
    Refresh my memory, did Mullen interview for another job and get turned down then returned? I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't remember that. If so was it public knowledge that he was interviewing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Refresh my memory, did Mullen interview for another job and get turned down then returned? I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't remember that. If so was it public knowledge that he was interviewing?
    Miami

Interviewed before the Egg Bowl. THought he had it locked down and was taking Manny with him. Richt snaked him late and got it- and also took Manny
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Miami

Interviewed before the Egg Bowl. THought he had it locked down and was taking Manny with him. Richt snaked him late and got it- and also took Manny
    Oh ok, I don't remember that. Regardless I don't want Jans back at all! I hope he gets the job, I don't want anyone at State that doesn't want to be there. The fact that he is interviewing for another job affects current players, signees and recruits.. they are all probably thinking about the transfer portal right now and I can't really blame them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Yeah, he needs to go whether Arkansas hires him or not. If he doesn't get the job and comes back he'll spew the rah rah "I'm all Dawg" bs, but his arse can kick rocks and pound sand. If we ain't good enough get the eff out. He's dead to me now.
    Same here. I don't need Mullen 2.0. If he interviewed, "Good Riddance". Be all in or be gone.

vCash
    I would like to understand why he is interviewing 'all over' after only 2 years and Hubbard and Matthew's coming back? He's yet to even have a winning record in the SEC and really hasn't even gotten things fully established. Still been mostly using Howland's guys.
    Except for Hubbard falling into his lap, he has brought in no one who made a difference his two years here. Has won with Howland's recruits and most are gone next year. Good riddance "Dan 2.0".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Except for Hubbard falling into his lap, he has brought in no one who made a difference his two years here. Has won with Howland's recruits and most are gone next year. Good riddance "Dan 2.0".
    Thats a really good point. Other than Hubbard, who has he brought in thats made an impact? No one! And he was lucky to get Hubbard because of Ole Miss' coaching change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Never said differently. I would to if I were him. Ark is a much better job
    Ark is definitely a better job but damn what a risky move by Jans. If he does not get it he just 17ed himself. What players will want to stay now? And fan support will die

vCash
    Anybody think maybe Selmon and Bailey Howell told him to look around because he is a short timer here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Anybody think maybe Selmon and Bailey Howell told him to look around because he is a short timer here?
    I highly doubt that. Unless there is something going on that we don't know about, he took us to the tournament 2 times in two years.. Howland got us there once in 7 years.
    Jans can coach defense but he can't recruit so that will be an issue for him. I just hope he leaves, I lost all respect for him. If you are interviewing for a job that means he is not happy or content where he is. He has to go

vCash
    This is really bad timing for us so late into the year because all the good coaches got scooped up. This is definitely not good at all no matter the outcome.

vCash
    Honestly I wouldn't be mad if he interviewed, but to let this get out is really unforgivable in my eyes. You can't let an interview be out in the public just in case you don't get it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be mad if he interviewed, but to let this get out is really unforgivable in my eyes. You can't let an interview be out in the public just in case you don't get it
    Agree 100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    No. We want him to stay awhile. But he doesnt want that

vCash
    No. We want him to stay awhile. But he doesnt want that
    What is his biggest hangup? Just Starkville itself or something specific with the program? I have not been very impressed with Jans recruiting. Without what Howland left behind there would not have been 2 trips to the NCAA tourney.

vCash
    We need to give Jans a raise and put an end to this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    We need to give Jans a raise and put an end to this.
    I wanna keep em too.

vCash
    What is his biggest hangup? Just Starkville itself or something specific with the program? I have not been very impressed with Jans recruiting. Without what Howland left behind there would not have been 2 trips to the NCAA tourney.
    Doesnt like StarkVegas
    Wants unlimited NIL

vCash
    Doesnt like StarkVegas
    Wants unlimited NIL
    1. Ok that's fine.
    2. LOL only a handful of schools have unlimited NIL for basketball. Even if we did have unlimited NIL, Jans ass couldn't recruit the players needed. He's brought in ONE player that has made an impact in two years and his ass got lucky Kirby got fired to get him.