Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I just saw where we have baseball starting at 11:00 this morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep.

Pro coaches in football get strategy from college coaches. College coaches need to watch the pros for bunting strategy. It's almost always a bad move
    Yeah I've never been a big fan of bunting, accept in very specific situations. What Earl Weaver said you only get 27 outs why give one away. Crappy game today, by pretty much everyone(players, staff, managers, etc..) accept for Johnny Long.

vCash
    I'm not feeling particularly gung-ho about this weekend now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    When Lemon bunted Larry, I called ballgame. You never give a pitcher a free out in that situation. Also, Jordan smh.
    I hated that bunt also.

vCash
    We bunted to try to stay out of a double play and if they walk Mershon we have our two best power hitters at the plate. Literally all Dakota had to do is make contact and we tie the game in all likelihood. And then Hines choked right behind him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I still like our chances at a series win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We bunted to try to stay out of a double play and if they walk Mershon we have our two best power hitters at the plate. Literally all Dakota had to do is make contact and we tie the game in all likelihood. And then Hines choked right behind him.
    We did have the perfect setup. Dakota and Hunter need to take lessons in the Johnny Long school of putting the ball in play and staying inside the ball. Johnny aint no Dakota in talent but he dang sure knows how to play the game. The ground ball he punched through the right side to make it 7-6 was a thing of beauty and that's all dakota had to do. smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I still like our chances at a series win.
    This loss sucked(they all do) no doubt, but as far as how the season goes it all boils down to sec play and the next 3 weekends starting with this one are huge. Nut cuttin' time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't have any issue with the bunt, just That we have nobody that can perform in clutch situations on this team. And that goes for pitching, hitting or fielding. Whichever aspect of the team needs to choke to lose a close game does. And baseball is the most situational game there is. Very mentally weak team. Now 19-11 and should be at least 22-8.

vCash
    What is it with these guys? I mean come on. We played a team a lot less than we are yet we made them look like the Atlanta Braves. Do they even care. Do they think we are just going to show up at the ballpark and win. Gotro is trash. Our hitting just doesn?t come close to where it needs to be. Oh sure we have had games putting up big numbers but we have also just looked god awful at the plate way too many times. Fix it Lemon! And fix it soon or you and the rest will be looking for new jobs. Yes I?m angry.

vCash
    Agree with you Ranchdog, but failure to pull a struggling pitcher cost us this game as much as the poor hitting. I never have liked Gotro either.

vCash
    Forsythe has been hurt and lot of folks on here saying lemonis has been stupid for not using him. Now you see why, he's not right physically. Don't think he's gonna help us much this year. He's had some time off and he's still not right.

vCash
    Just curious, were they playing some type of infield shift with Jordan and Hines batting? I didn't know they changed the time, thank goodness, I guess.

vCash
    I didn't see game but we came into this game low on pitching after the past week it seemed if we were pitching guys that have seen little to no action.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Forsythe has been hurt and lot of folks on here saying lemonis has been stupid for not using him. Now you see why, he's not right physically. Don't think he's gonna help us much this year. He's had some time off and he's still not right.
    And this is one of my complaints about Lemonis. We got 3 or 4 pitchers who have been hurt and we just sat on our tails ?hoping? they would be back. Big mistake going into this season and not taking a chance. This could be a huge mistake and bite him in his rear end.

Same without closer and third base. We got issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    And this is one of my complaints about Lemonis. We got 3 or 4 pitchers who have been hurt and we just sat on our tails ?hoping? they would be back. Big mistake going into this season and not taking a chance. This could be a huge mistake and bite him in his rear end.

Same without closer and third base. We got issues.
    Last May I looked at SEC Portal transfers. Almost every single SEC team had at least 1pitching transfer that was clearly better than anyone we got. Many had multiple. Glad Khal is working out for us, the point isn't to crap on our guys. The point is that there were a LOT of guys out there we could have used and we got very few of them. Whether it was lack of effort or bad recruiting, it doesn't matter. Lemo failed to get them in

vCash
    It's a personality type issue with recruits. Type A guys want a type A man in charge and Lemo is no Type A

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That and playing at 11 AM on a Tuesday.
    UCA also played in that time slot. BTW, I am an alumni of UCA, as I took a history correspondence course I needed from there my Senior year at State in "77. Professor told me to take the final home with me, complete, and get it back to her. Surprise, got an "A". UCA was a correspondence course powerhouse in the days before the internet. So I guess my alma mater won a nail biter today.*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    For going on three years, I don't think any team, OOC or SEC fears playing us. Heck, I'm afraid many have us penciled in as a victory.

vCash
    Only one team in this conference has a worse RPI than us. We better start sweeping some teams fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Only one team in this conference has a worse RPI than us. We better start sweeping some teams fast.
    I don't think we have anything to sweep with !