vCash
    Southern wins 12-7.

vCash
    That's baseball!

vCash
    Southern beats LSU 12-7
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    There has to be something to all of these rough seasons after a NC. I've seen similar things happen to MLB teams after they win the World Series too sometimes.

vCash
    Sooooooo Jay Johnson is a shitty coach. No excuses. Needs to be fired right?

Who LSU needs to hire now? They arent going to win a Natty
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    There has to be something to all of these rough seasons after a NC. I've seen similar things happen to MLB teams after they win the World Series too sometimes.
    It's called the Robert Johnson effect!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    It's called the Robert Johnson effect!***
    Maybe so! I want to do some research on this at the end of the year.

I have a feeling it's different for each team to be honest.

We may be the most puzzling of the three because I think our pitching coach mysteriously bottomed out. I don't think ours was talent related really. And I don't totally buy the we were reading our press clippings theory. Although maybe Foxhall did and the rest of the staff suffered and that affected the rest of the team. Although at the same time there was some evidence of potential pitching fallout before but I think Landon Sims and Will Bednar were just too good to screw up and they covered up a LOT. When they were injured or left then the damn broke. We severely underdeveloped Cade Smith, Parker Stinnett, Jackson Fristoe, KC Hunt, Eric Cerentola, and etc. It's worth noting that Auburn's team ERA is 10th in the SEC right now and 12th in SEC games at over 7.

Ole Miss was a case of basically being "that's baseball" Fresno State. They were the last team in and simply got hot and Dave Van Horn made some mind numbing WTF? decisions earning him the nickname the Mike Martin of the SEC. They lost a good bit of their team and had some injuries to their ace and then the bottom fell out on them.

LSU having watched them a good bit even last year I felt like they had two generational players in Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes basically doing the heavy lifting with Tommy White as a supporting guy who could pop a home run at any time. The rest of the team in and of itself was good but didn't really stand out to me that much- and I felt like the bullpen was a weakness even last year. Then Thatcher Hurd got hot for them at the right time otherwise they probably don't quite win it. In other words they sold their soul to get a generational pitcher and were unable to replace him with another generational pitcher because there wasn't one in the portal.

vCash

We may be the most puzzling of the three because I think our pitching coach mysteriously bottomed out. I don't think ours was talent related really. And I don't totally buy the we were reading our press clippings theory. Although maybe Foxhall did and the rest of the staff suffered and that affected the rest of the team. Although at the same time there was some evidence of potential pitching fallout before but I think Landon Sims and Will Bednar were just too good to screw up and they covered up a LOT. When they were injured or left then the damn broke. We severely underdeveloped Cade Smith, Parker Stinnett, Jackson Fristoe, KC Hunt, Eric Cerentola, and etc. It's worth noting that Auburn's team ERA is 10th in the SEC right now and 12th in SEC games at over 7.

Ole Miss was a case of basically being "that's baseball" Fresno State. They were the last team in and simply got hot and Dave Van Horn made some mind numbing WTF? decisions earning him the nickname the Mike Martin of the SEC. They lost a good bit of their team and had some injuries to their ace and then the bottom fell out on them.

LSU having watched them a good bit even last year I felt like they had two generational players in Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes basically doing the heavy lifting with Tommy White as a supporting guy who could pop a home run at any time. The rest of the team in and of itself was good but didn't really stand out to me that much- and I felt like the bullpen was a weakness even last year. Then Thatcher Hurd got hot for them at the right time otherwise they probably don't quite win it. In other words they sold their soul to get a generational pitcher and were unable to replace him with another generational pitcher because there wasn't one in the portal.
    And we had a few super Type A studs on that team.

vCash
    Bednar and Sims made Lemonis a lot of money. Also as far as Ole Miss is concerned, if Lemonis doesnt pitch Forsythe in Governors cup game and blowing a big lead Ole Miss doesnt make NCAA Tournament and win NC.

vCash
    LSU is 18-3 in nonconference play. Their losses outside the SEC are not the problem.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

LSU will 100 % fire him if he has 2 years like we had the past 2 years post natty.

vCash
    You wanna bet they won't finish last or next to last in the SEC two years in a row?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    You wanna bet they won't finish last or next to last in the SEC two years in a row?
    There is somewhere around a 99.9% chance that does not happen.

vCash
    So the only serious we've won is against a bad LSU team. This actually makes me feel worse. I had started thinking we were good.
    We did seem to be better than Florida though. So there's that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

when he was at arizona, his pattern was omaha-miss the tourney-omaha-miss the tourney-omaha. Maybe not exactly, but something close.

vCash

I think our situation was a combined effect of Foxhall just giving up/checking out or whatever you want to call it AND we basically missed out on the first year of the transfer portal. We were still playing in Omaha while other teams were pillaging all the overlooked talent out there. They got better and we didn't. All of that spilled into last season too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    So the only serious we've won is against a bad LSU team. This actually makes me feel worse. I had started thinking we were good.
    We did seem to be better than Florida though. So there's that.
    Lsu is not a bad team, they are super talented as always, they're just still trying to figure out the pieces this year. The lost some big weapons last year. College baseball is always a work in progress.

ETA Also the sec is as competitive and as talented and deep as i've ever seen it.

vCash
    Wonder if anybody on the LSU boards is posting that State got beat by Central Arkansas today? You know, to make them feel better.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)