Even if we lose to Florida's ace tomorrow we are going to be no worse than 4-5. Most fans said that they would be pretty happy with that record after three weeks. Now as I type this we have a chance to potentially be 5-4. All of this is being done without Dohm and I can make a strong argument that we should have a better record now than we do. Last year at this time we were 0-9 and had been run ruled multiple times. Right now we're going toe to toe with some of the best in the SEC and are more than holding our own.

Pitching has been the story. We are 8th in team ERA but that has been a massive improvement from 2023 to 2024. I would have been fine with an ERA of 5.00. Right now it's 4.16. The biggest thing is figuring out who our closer is and where Nate Dohm fits back in as well as where Nolan Stevens fits in. Sunday will be interesting to see who we throw. The bullpen has been solid overall but no one has really taken the mantle of closer. I think we need to give Logan Forsythe a chance at least in a low leverage situation in SEC play to see how he looks. I'm not sure why he hasn't really gotten a chance as he has 7K's in 3 IP with 1 walk and 0 hits allowed. If someone like Siary, Ligon, or Loftin perform well then it gives us some flexibility as to how we could use Dohm. We also could just start Stevens and see how he does. It will be interesting to see how we handle it. I don't really like Auger as our closer but I like him and Tyler Davis as set up guys. We need to get Gavin Black back on track too. Tyson Hardin has to be in the closer discussion as well.

A big reason we've been holding our own is our offense has been solid for most of the year except for OOC play. We have a couple of weak spots at third base and catcher but the rest of the team is hitting over .260 and most are hitting well over .300. And now the power is starting to show up. We should end up somewhat similar statistically as we did last year.

We're also one of the top fielding teams in the SEC as well ending that narrative as well.

So we're not only in great shape as far as the SEC Tournament goes. We have a very real chance to host a regional or be a two seed somewhere. At least that's what we look like based on my eye test. Once Dohm comes back I think we'll figure out whatever we are going to do and we'll be better. If we get our RPI into the top 35 I think we get in with 12 SEC wins. We're at 44 right now. We get 13 SEC wins then I think we're in as a 3 seed or maybe a 2 seed. The next two weekends are HUGE for MSU. Georgia has struggled on the road this year and Auburn has struggled in SEC play. Really need to win those two series and then go into the second half in a good spot. Sweeps would be even nicer.