Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball is in a good spot right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We'll see. I saw a team that needs to figure out the closer spot and overextend guys because their ace is out temporarily.
    Yeah not having a closer is our biggest issue. It cost us today and Friday an a couple others. The offense and defense and starters and middle relief are doing their job. No Closer is costing us.

vCash
    We'll see. I saw a team that needs to figure out the closer spot and overextend guys because their ace is out temporarily.
    100%, Todd!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah not having a closer is our biggest issue. It cost us today and Friday an a couple others. The offense and defense and starters and middle relief are doing their job. No Closer is costing us.
    And no Dohm. We're overextending our bullpen some because he isn't there.

vCash
    And no Dohm. We're overextending our bullpen some because he isn't there.
    Yeah it sure looks that way but even still our middle guys are shoving it and getting it to the 9th. Toughest 3 outs in baseball and you know it well because if memory serves your uncle was a closer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah it sure looks that way but even still our middle guys are shoving it and getting it to the 9th. Toughest 3 outs in baseball and you know it well because if memory serves your uncle was a closer
    Yes he was! He was actually more of a relief ace I would say because he closed, he could set up or they would let him go 3-4 innings if needed. This was the 1970's though so it was a different era. He told me he hurt himself closing out both games of a double header against the Phillies. You would never see that today. And if you did it would be all over social media.

vCash
    Yea, I didn't see us choke yesterday. Friday maybe, but yesterday just looked like we were on the road in the SEC without a true closer.

I am on the bandwagon at this point. Certainly plenty of season left for things to go wrong and it's possible we are just hot the last few weekends and the team we saw in non-conference is closer to reality, but as of now, I'm convinced we're a regional team.