Thread: We blew it tonight.

Banned
    vCash

We blew it tonight.

Pulling shuck was insanity. We will be swept.

Banned
    vCash
    Wasted a gem of a performance by Stephen bc we wanted to get freaking cute. Ridiculous. I’ve been kemp’s biggest supporter. And I still am behind him. But I’m losing faith FAST! If we get swept by Florida, and I think we will, then I’m done with him

vCash
    right there with ya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Up 2 with 2 outs in the ninth. What a shit show.

vCash
    Year 6 and look where we are, I will say it's early but we did blow a huge opportunity last night, another bad coaching decision with 6-2 lead. It will be interesting to see how we handle the loss today.

"That's baseball", seems to be factor now.

vCash
    It was a terrible loss.

vCash
    Wasted a gem of a performance by Stephen bc we wanted to get freaking cute. Ridiculous. I’ve been kemp’s biggest supporter. And I still am behind him. But I’m losing faith FAST! If we get swept by Florida, and I think we will, then I’m done with him
    Kemp? Shuck?

I wish u guys would clue a brother in on these nicknames.

vCash
    The judges scored the first round 100-99 Florida. We slugged toe to toe on the road against #6 and came up a little short. Two more rounds to go in this prize fight; it's far from over. Our Dawgs are prison tough and will be ready for Round 2. Don the wife beater and leather jacket. Time to go to war again today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Kemp? Shuck?

I have no idea who kemp is.

vCash
    Kemp? Shuck?

Cam Schuelke but no idea who "Kemp" is referring to.

vCash
    We lost. But Lemonis brought in two of our most successful arms in Davis and Auger. They just didn’t get it done. If he had left Schuelke in and he had gotten hit, everyone would have griped about that and said “why didn’t the idiot bring in Davis who has been lights out this season”. Too many posters on these message boards have the benefit of hindsight.

If I have a complaint on Lemonis, and most college baseball coaches, it’s that they try too much to manage like MLB. Major leaguers are more consistent, so they have defined roles often (setup guy, closer, etc). College players lack maturity and consistency so sometimes you just need to ride the hot hand. If a terrible hitter is hot, ride him until he cools off. If your middle relief guy is hot, don’t yank him just because it’s the 9th and the book says to bring in a closer. Because all of these guys are up and down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    We lost. But Lemonis brought in two of our most successful arms in Davis and Auger. They just didn?t get it done. If he had left Schuelke in and he had gotten hit, everyone would have griped about that and said ?why didn?t the idiot bring in Davis who has been lights out this season?. Too many posters on these message boards have the benefit of hindsight.

If I have a complaint on Lemonis, and most college baseball coaches, it?s that they try too much to manage like MLB. Major leaguers are more consistent, so they have defined roles often (setup guy, closer, etc). College players lack maturity and consistency so sometimes you just need to ride the hot hand. If a terrible hitter is hot, ride him until he cools off. If your middle relief guy is hot, don?t yank him just because it?s the 9th and the book says to bring in a closer. Because all of these guys are up and down.
    You 100% nailed it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It was a terrible loss.
    I figured once it got close we would lose. We seem to have 'terrible losses' over and over in conference play in whatever sport. If a game gets close we usually find a way to crap the bed. KY loss at the buzzer at home in basketball, SC in OT at home in basketball, the LSU comeback that fell short at home in baseball by a run, and the loss last night to Florida in a game where we can't cleanly field a ground ball to end it on one hitter and the next hitter we throw 2 balls in the dirt for a walk after having a 2-2 count and only being one strike away from the win. So far every baseball win has been by at least 5 runs. Its tough sledding being an MSU fan these days but whatever conference games we do win we seem to win handily. If it gets close just go ahead and prepare yourself for a loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    We lost. But Lemonis brought in two of our most successful arms in Davis and Auger. They just didn’t get it done. If he had left Schuelke in and he had gotten hit, everyone would have griped about that and said “why didn’t the idiot bring in Davis who has been lights out this season”. Too many posters on these message boards have the benefit of hindsight.

If I have a complaint on Lemonis, and most college baseball coaches, it’s that they try too much to manage like MLB. Major leaguers are more consistent, so they have defined roles often (setup guy, closer, etc). College players lack maturity and consistency so sometimes you just need to ride the hot hand. If a terrible hitter is hot, ride him until he cools off. If your middle relief guy is hot, don’t yank him just because it’s the 9th and the book says to bring in a closer. Because all of these guys are up and down.
    Well, when you have Landon Sims that's a good strategy. We don't have that kind of guy on the back end anymore though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I figured once it got close we would lose. We seem to have 'terrible losses' over and over in conference play in whatever sport. If a game gets close we usually find a way to crap the bed. KY loss at the buzzer at home in basketball, SC in OT at home in basketball, the LSU comeback that fell short at home in baseball by a run, and the loss last night to Florida in a game where we can't cleanly field a ground ball to end it on one hitter and the next hitter we throw 2 balls in the dirt for a walk after having a 2-2 count and only being one strike away from the win. So far every baseball win has been by at least 5 runs. Its tough sledding being an MSU fan these days but whatever conference games we do win we seem to win handily. If it gets close just go ahead and prepare yourself for a loss.
    I get what you're saying, 100% and always enjoy your takes. Losing sucks. I guess you have to take an overview and some perspective. 2 years of men's basketball in nova tournament, women's basketball team having some success, softball team is playing very well, baseball is a work in progress but scrapping and fighting, the football team sucked but we have a new and exciting coach. While i would like to win it all in every thing our teams are good and competitive(losing makes me sick), I like the fact we seem headed in right direction with most of our teams(baseball yet to be determined this year. I lived through so many years of our teams(outside of baseball) being bad to mediocre, that being good(maybe not elite) and competitive makes me believe we are headed in right direction. Jmho which dint count for much lol!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I have no idea who kemp is.
    Lemo. Spell check got me lol

vCash
    I think we get swept @UF and @Ark. Lose 2 of 3 against @OM (then beat them in Pearl) and @ Vandy. Win 2 of 3 against UGA at home, Bama at home, Mizzou at home and then we sweep Auburn at home. That will put us 14-16 and we sneak in

vCash
    Kemp? Shuck?

THIS!!! THIS!!! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Ha. O ye of little faith..