Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Braves Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    The things the Braves have done to improve at the plate over the last couple of years is scary. Right now, they have the 2nd least number of strikeouts as a team in the league. The only regular hitting under .270 is TDA and they have driven in nearly 100 runs so far on only 16 homers.

It's sad that Strider went down so early because this team could have legit pushed for 110-115 wins. Losing him makes it more difficult to "save" Morton and Sale for the postseason. I just hope they can hold up for October.
    I agree. The Strider injury really hurts. This is a team of professional hitters. Look in the dugout and these guys are always on tablets looking at abs and constantly making in game adjustments. They don't wait for the next game, they do it in game. I would love to see Smith-Shawver get a shot in the rotation or Waldrup(down the road). I know Waldrup has gotten beat up a little this year but the guy has top of the rotation stuff/potential. Amazing to that this team when someone goes down, it's just next man up and the others pickup the slack. It's fun to watch a real TEAM.

vCash
    Late inning magic again from the Braves

vCash
    Come from behind win in extra innings to complete the sweep over Houston.

Love this team!

vCash
    In theory, yes. But that's not going to happen under AA's watch. And I doubt there is going to be a top of the rotation starter that is just dangling out there at the deadline to begin with. He's going to grab a cheap 4th, 5th or 6th starter from one of the noncontenders like the White Sox, Pirates, or Royals. While he's struck some gold with reliever trades, not so much with starters. I think Tommy Milone and Jake Odorizzi are the only 2 i can remember.

The Braves were long rumored in the past for deadline guys like Tajuan Walker, Marcus Stroman, Chris Archer and it never happened.

I think the best you could probably hope for is somebody like Paul Blackburn with the As, maybe Kyle Freeland with the Rockies, but guys like that aren't near the level of Strider, or even Fried.
    Yeah, there won't be such a SP available and even if there is the Braves don't have/won't have the prospect capital to go get him. I can see them taking an overpriced #2 or#3, eating the contract. Ian Andedson and Ynoa are working their way back from injury, hopefully one or both will be in form for the 2nd half. Quantity of pitching won't be a problem, but losing a true ace always hurts and is not replaceable these days.

vCash
    Another series win for the Braves, this time vs last year's World Series champ.

14-5; best record in baseball

vCash
    Braves, Philthies and Mets are all scorching hot. The billion dollar Dodgers are 12-11 and have lost series to both the Nats and Mets.

vCash
    Book it, 7th, 8th, 9th inning the Braves will score and mostly in bunches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Another series win for the Braves, this time vs last year's World Series champ.

14-5; best record in baseball
    And doing it without 3 all stars. Amazing team. It's just next man up with them and no panic. Fun to watch

vCash
    How did Travis D all of a sudden become the best power hitting catcher?

vCash
    Freid was fantastic tonight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Freid was fantastic tonight!
    That was Maddox-like - 92 pitches, 1 hr and 45 minutes, complete game shut out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That was Maddox-like - 92 pitches, 1 hr and 45 minutes, complete game shut out.
    What he did tonight in this day and age is like spotting a white whale! I never thought I'd see a game like that again. A cg shutout on 92 pitches in less than 2 hours!

vCash
    At one point a week and a half ago, they were hitting .306 as a team and every starter other than Travis was hitting .275 or better. Since then, Olson and Riley can't see the ball apparently, Ozuna's batting average has cooled a bit and TDA has been on fire. And they have still won just about every game. Baseball is a weird sport, but that lineup top to bottom is just unlike anything that we've seen in a while. When a third of the lineup goes ice cold, the other 5 or 6 are there to pick them up.

vCash
    At one point a week and a half ago, they were hitting .306 as a team and every starter other than Travis was hitting .275 or better. Since then, Olson and Riley can't see the ball apparently, Ozuna's batting average has cooled a bit and TDA has been on fire. And they have still won just about every game. Baseball is a weird sport, but that lineup top to bottom is just unlike anything that we've seen in a while. When a third of the lineup goes ice cold, the other 5 or 6 are there to pick them up.
    Pitching catching up now.

Hopefully albies and Murphy back soon

vCash
    100%! This is a real team and everyone in that lineup can hurt you! Heck gullorme and fletcher have contributed. When Riley and Olson get hot and Ozzie gets back, wow! Love how they pick each other up and look at the fun they have playing the game! It's like a bunch of tball kids just having a blast!

vCash
    This is what has to hit home about baseball more than any other sport. As I say often, it's the only sport where success is failing only 70% of the time.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    This is what has to hit home about baseball more than any other sport. As I say often, it's the only sport where success is failing only 70% of the time.
    That's hall of fame level success...

Best line up in baseball. If the pitching staff can keep the ball in the ballpark, it's going to be hard to beat this team. They're playing hungry after last year's playoff gaff too.

vCash
    Exactly! And it's why so many sports(not real baseball) fans freak out at a loss or two or when a player struggles, most people can't handle the ups and downs of the game. It's a game of failure that will test your mental and intestinal fortitude. Baseball teaches life lessons. Gotta love it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    That's hall of fame level success...

Best line up in baseball. If the pitching staff can keep the ball in the ballpark, it's going to be hard to beat this team. They're playing hungry after last year's playoff gaff too.
    100%!

vCash
    17-6.

Another sweep.