Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I were in Dak's shoes

vCash

If I were in Dak's shoes

I'd request a trade to the 49ers or just sign with them as a free agent in 2025.

I think he could win a Super Bowl there.

vCash
    What did Jerry do now?

vCash
    It looks like he might let Dak walk after his contract is up in 2025

vCash
    Dak should get all the money he can from Jerry Because I don't think he will command a top 4 salary again.

vCash
    Jerry has dragged his feet on every contract and it cost him money every time. Dak just finished as a finalist for MVP so he will get paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd request a trade to the 49ers or just sign with them as a free agent in 2025.

I think he could win a Super Bowl there.
    SF can't pay him what he's worth or wants wo dismantling their team. Not enough cap room. There are only so many big contracts one can have on a roster. SF has no money tied up in a QB but several other big contracts.

vCash
    What makes you think SF wants him? They have other issues they need to address, mainly on their OL.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Dak should get all the money he can from Jerry Because I don't think he will command a top 4 salary again.
    Read yesterday Dak wants $60 mil per year which would make him the highest paid NFL player. This is why many teams can't win it all. Too much $ to a few players and no salary cap left for supporting cast which seems to already be a Dallas problem.

vCash
    SF has their QB for the near future

Tampa, New Orleans, and other teams looking for QB's is where he needs to go
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SF has their QB for the near future

Tampa, New Orleans, and other teams looking for QB's is where he needs to go
    Dak needs to go to a team that he is the missing piece at QB needed to win it all. Know Dallas is his boyhood dream team and besides his millions made on the field, his endorsements bring mega $ as "America's Team" QB, but I don't think "GM" Jerry will ever put a Super Bowl winning roster together. Dak can still make big $ with another team, but be in a much better situation to win it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Whaaaat?

He's coming off the best statistical regular season of his career, finished 2nd team all pro, and finished #2 in the MVP vote. He's got a ton of tread left on his tires. If Jerry is dumb enough to let him walk (which I hope he does), there will be a slew of teams throwing all their money at Dak to be their starting QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Read yesterday Dak wants $60 mil per year which would make him the highest paid NFL player. This is why many teams can't win it all. Too much $ to a few players and no salary cap left for supporting cast which seems to already be a Dallas problem.
    yep and that's why NE was so good for years w Brady, he didn't get paid what he was worth so the team would be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Jerry has dragged his feet on every contract and it cost him money every time. Dak just finished as a finalist for MVP so he will get paid.
    Yep.

vCash
    It's easy to throw the QB under the bus when it comes to playoff record, which is really funny to me. There's a reason Dallas hasn't been to even a conference championship game in multiple decades...and Dak's play ain't the reason. That franchise is ****ed as long as Jerry and his son are calling the shots.

vCash
    The best situation for Dak is find a team that has a ton of cap space and can commit to making a 3 year run. That's all you really have in today's NFL. You know I would think a team like the Cardinals or the Vikings who have a ton of cap space could get him and then convince some skill players to take team friendly deals.

vCash
    I have been a Cowboys fan all my life and one of the best days was when they drafted Dak.
    I had the best of both worlds.
    But they never have appreciated Dak!
    Dallas will never win another SB until Jerry is gone.
    If he walks, who could blame him?
    But please dont let him go to the Saints......good grief noooooo!
    I hope he milks Jerry for ever dime he can get out of him and then win a title despite Jerry.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Whaaaat?

He's coming off the best statistical regular season of his career, finished 2nd team all pro, and finished #2 in the MVP vote. He's got a ton of tread left on his tires. If Jerry is dumb enough to let him walk (which I hope he does), there will be a slew of teams throwing all their money at Dak to be their starting QB.
    ^^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    yep and that's why NE was so good for years w Brady, he didn't get paid what he was worth so the team would be better.
    That’s the only reason I liked Brady. Never liked the Pats but I respect the guy who took less money to have a winning team. May never see that kind of unselfishness again in sports.

vCash
    Dak will be a Saint in 2025 if I had to place a bet on it

vCash
    Love Dak but cannot believe he is demanding that type of money. Take 45mil a year so they can sign a few guys