Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Transfer Portal Targets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Where's Lawrence of vandy being recruited to?
    Apparently Texas. He entered with a do not contact next to his name so I'm guessing he knew where he was going.

vCash
    I figured he would be tough to get, but wow... talking about failing up. He didn't even start at Florida
    He had a good Freshman season at Florida, I watched him play a few times and was pissed we couldn't keep him. But I'm with you, I didn't expect him to get those type offers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    He had a good Freshman season at Florida, I watched him play a few times and was pissed we couldn't keep him. But I'm with you, I didn't expect him to get those type offers
    Well and you have to wonder if he could call those programs today and actually commit. I always wonder in this day and age when a guy reports offers and has listed his finalists. Did these schools just say we are interested or did they offer him a scholarship/NIL/whatever it may be. Those are some HIGH major offers for a guy who couldn't crack the starting lineup at Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Well and you have to wonder if he could call those programs today and actually commit. I always wonder in this day and age when a guy reports offers and has listed his finalists. Did these schools just say we are interested or did they offer him a scholarship/NIL/whatever it may be. Those are some HIGH major offers for a guy who couldn't crack the starting lineup at Florida.
    Good point and I wonder the same but it's hard to believe he would throw those schools out there like that, he has to commit to one of them and they are all pretty high profile teams so I guess I'll take his word for it.

vCash
    Wow, I didn't think Kugel would have those options either. I think the top programs just use their name and NIL to try and talent load.

I mean last year we didn't understand how ARK could land as many as they did. The ended up stinking and I'm betting about 4-5 of them regret their choice (other than the paycheck).

We need to find the kid that realizes he needs a place where he can get the PT and attention. A lot of these kids that were big HS recruits like Kugel will blame their current coach for not giving them a shot and still think they can be impact players on elite teams. They end up wrong more than they are right. I might have to spend some time looking back on some of those to see how often they end up being big contributors on their new teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Wow, I didn't think Kugel would have those options either. I think the top programs just use their name and NIL to try and talent load.

I mean last year we didn't understand how ARK could land as many as they did. The ended up stinking and I'm betting about 4-5 of them regret their choice (other than the paycheck).

We need to find the kid that realizes he needs a place where he can get the PT and attention. A lot of these kids that were big HS recruits like Kugel will blame their current coach for not giving them a shot and still think they can be impact players on elite teams. They end up wrong more than they are right. I might have to spend some time looking back on some of those to see how often they end up being big contributors on their new teams.
    Well for every Caleb Love there is going to be a Jahvon Quinerly. And for every Dalton Knecht there is going to be a Chris Ledlum. You just have to find players that are going to fit your culture and your style of play. It is no different than recruiting out of high school. The timeline is just quicker so the risk/reward is higher.

vCash
    Added Davonte Davis to the list so 7 it looks like you were right and we will be pursuing him after all.

vCash
    from the 6pack: give the larry birds priority

vCash
    Added Davonte Davis to the list so 7 it looks like you were right and we will be pursuing him after all.
    His driving ability would make Hubbard lethal. No idea about his personal issues

vCash
    Well we are about to pick up someone accd to GP as well as Paul Jones.

vCash
    Kanye Clary- 5’11 PG previously at Penn State just committed. 16.7 PPG last year. Splits are 46/38/81. Not going to lie, unless he is being brought in as a backup I am not understanding this. Hubbard is already out there at 5’10-5’11 and we are going to bring in another sub 6 ft guy.

Banned
    vCash
    Added clary out of Penn st

vCash
    Kanye Clary- 5’11 PG previously at Penn State just committed. 16.7 PPG last year. Splits are 46/38/81. Not going to lie, unless he is being brought in as a backup I am not understanding this. Hubbard is already out there at 5’10-5’11 and we are going to bring in another sub 6 ft guy.
    Our weakness was having undersized guards. Could not defend against longer teams and could not shoot over the top of them. Hoping it is for a backup role

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Our weakness was having undersized guards. Could not defend against longer teams and could not shoot over the top of them. Hoping it is for a backup role
    I have to believe it is for a backup role. If it is not then we must be preparing to play zone next year because teams will abuse us in pick and rolls with two sub 6 ft guards on the floor.

vCash
    Avg over 16 in the big 10 is impressive. He's not gonna be a backup.

vCash
    He's good but he did either leave or get kicked off in Feb so something to learn more about.

Could be Hubbard insurance as well as much I hope that's not the case. If we do retain Hubbard though, you have to think this means the end of Shak as I don't see Jans carrying three sub 6'0 guards on the roster. We are going to have to get a big 6'3 or more combo guards to help on on defense here.

vCash
    Avg over 16 in the big 10 is impressive. He's not gonna be a backup.
    If that is the case this makes less than zero sense unless we are losing Hubbard. Offensive production is great but unless we are going in on being the next Bama, which is not Jans style in any way, this get makes no sense. We already have Hubbard who is a defensive liability due to the height and we are adding another defensive liability due to height. Again, maybe we are planning on playing a bunch of zone next year, but on the surface this is a puzzling pickup. Not saying it is a bad pickup because he can score. Just a puzzling pickup due to the height and already having a sub 6 ft guard as well as Shak who is straight up 6 ft.

vCash
    38% 3pt shooter? I?m in.

vCash
    No idea how they work defensively, but Josh isn't that good at the point, so this lets Josh not play there as much

vCash
    Anyone know what the dismissal was for?