Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
This seems like the right place to vent...

I really hate the transfer portal and conference realignment. When I was a teen, I loved college basketball. Now the conferences I loved to watch have been shuffled, players jump from team to team, and you don't get to see teams grow up together. I've got to where I can only really watch sec games and the tourney.
It's like I've said since all this was implemented. The portal itself isn't bad and NIL itself is not bad. They're not even terrible together. It's the immediate eligibility for multi time transfers that has pushed this over the edge. I was ok with one free transfer. But to let a guy transfer 4 times in 4 years and never sit out is just lunacy. I mean it's free agency without a salary cap. It's like a guy signing a 4 yr deal with the Grizzlies and then deciding that he doesn't want to play for them after a year and just signs with the Lakers in the offseason. We went from no power with the players to all the power is with the players. The pendulum swung too far. The school has to have some power of these kids. They need to be signing contracts. And either you sign a 1 yr, 2 yr, etc. But you and the school are bound to that contract. So if you want to transfer, you have to pay the buyout and if the school wants to cut you then they have to buy out the contract. We just need to end the fallacy of student athletes, none of these kids are students anymore. They're employees. There's no way a kid like AJ Storr has any chance to graduate. He will be on his 3rd school next year....IN 3 YEARS.