Thread: Refs were not gonna let the NCAA cashcow lose in the 2nd round

vCash

Refs were not gonna let the NCAA cashcow lose in the 2nd round

West Virginia was up 6 on Cailtin Clark and Iowa late and ended up losing by 10 once the refs took over.

Fouls
    WVU- 27
    Iowa- 10

Free throws
    WVU- 3/5
    Iowa- 25/30
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 03-25-2024 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    I only saw parts of the game, but it seems like even from the first round that teams are taking a physical approach to Iowa and trying to be the more physical team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    West Virginia was up 6 on Cailtin Clark and Iowa late and ended up losing by 10 once the refs took over.

Fouls
    WVU- 27
    Iowa- 10

Free throws
    WVU- 3/5
    Iowa- 25/30
    This is absolutely true!! If WVU even so much as breathed in the direction of an Iowa player (especially Clark), a foul was called. And it was worse in the 2nd. half. Zebras were going to make sure Iowa would continue on in this tourney. If I was WVU's coach, I would scream to high heaven, fines, reprimands, and disciplinary actions be damned!!

vCash
    Same happened to MTSU vs LSU
    Middle had a 36-32 half time lead, and get blown for 14 quick fouls early in the 2nd half. LSU ended up at the line 37 times to MTSUs 9 and lost 83-56. The calls benefiting LSU were egregious.

vCash
    It was shocking the stuff Iowa was allowed to get away with in the last 5-6 possessions. Even the announcers were openly questioning the officiating. If I am the WVU coach, I get tossed in that situation. I would have pulled a Bobby Knight and chunked a chair.

vCash

Fouls
    WVU- 27
    Iowa- 10

Free throws
    WVU- 3/5
    Iowa- 25/30
    25/30 from the FT line is incredible. Our men couldn't do that if their lives depended on it.

vCash

Fouls
    WVU- 27
    Iowa- 10

Free throws
    WVU- 3/5
    Iowa- 25/30
    Corruption of our culture is obvious everywhere you look. The desire the make the narrative the narrative is not even hidden anymore but in your face.