LSU
    2-3 0.400 19-5 0.792 13-3 3-2 3-0 L1

Alabama
    2-4 0.333 18-6 0.750 14-1 3-4 1-1 L3

Auburn
    1-5 0.167 15-8 0.652 10-4 0-3 4-1 W1

Banned
    vCash
    I wonder if LSU is just not nearly as good as usual?

vCash
    This year is gonna be more of a meat grinder than usual. Very balanced and competitive accept for maybe Missouri. First and last place in each division could be only separated by 2-3 games. I like it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    They're extremely talented but they lost a lot from last year and don't think they've figured it all out just yet.

vCash
    Not even close.

vCash
    LSU goes to ark next week. Is the natty curse of the last 2 seasons alive and well?

vCash
    Literally 10 out of 14 teams in the league recruit the same level of player. The rankings by the names are a crap shoot. The thing that separates them is some programs have girodos and others don't

vCash
    A few things:

1. LSU is having to play some freshmen like we did last year and it's showing. When you lose a bunch from your team- it's not plug and play. But let's dont act like they suck- they were 3 outs away from winning that series this weekend
    2. Home teams have won 12/14 series so far
    3. Halfway thru the season- Hugesak is hitting .361. Remember me telling you guys he was going to hit this year?
    4. UPig seems to be the favorite due to pitching but they got a favorable beginning with Mizzou/Auburn
    5. This season is going to be a bigger grind than previous years- the conference is pretty balanced.
    6. Some teams (including us) are going with one of their best SP's on Sunday this year it seems.
    7. People need to quit giving Cupp so much shit. He is the same as Chance at the plate but an elite defender. I think he should get 1 weekend start and the midweek. Develop him
    8. Georgia, @Mississippi, Auburn- that stretch is huge for us after Fla
    9. Good response by Purdue after his bad outing vs LSU. Great job and quality start to win a Saturday game on the road.
    10. Hunter has woken up and is seeing it well right now.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    yeah, it's really close. UK and Arkansas have both played Mizzou. Not much difference between the other 13 teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    A few things:

1. LSU is having to play some freshmen like we did last year and it's showing. When you lose a bunch from your team- it's not plug and play. But let's dont act like they suck- they were 3 outs away from winning that series this weekend
    3. Halfway thru the season- Hugesak is hitting .361. Remember me telling you guys he was going to hit this year?
    4. UPig seems to be the favorite due to pitching but they got a favorable beginning with Mizzou/Auburn
    5. This season is going to be a bigger grind than previous years- the conference is pretty balanced.
    6. Some teams (including us) are going with one of their best SP's on Sunday this year it seems.
    7. People need to quit giving Cupp so much shit. He is the same as Chance at the plate but an elite defender. I think he should get 1 weekend start and the midweek. Develop him
    9. Good response by Purdue after his bad outing vs LSU. Great job and quality start to win a Saturday game on the road.
    I wonder if Cupp should play 3rd vs Lefties b/c I like Larry at 2B. That opens up DH for Stevens or Chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I wonder if Cupp should play 3rd vs Lefties b/c I like Larry at 2B. That opens up DH for Stevens or Chance.
    That's not a bad idea at all. Kohler is struggling vs these top notch SEC LHP's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    A few things:

Great post and all true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It's a bit risky because he has never played that position before and he's already struggling enough as it is.

I would not risk turning him into Forsythe 2.0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's a bit risky because he has never played that position before and he's already struggling enough as it is.

I would not risk turning him into Forsythe 2.0.
    Yeah I'll tell you as a middle infielder my whole life, when I was stuck at third a couple times I absolutely hated it. Angles are different, balls come off the bat different, just a different animal. If he had played it before and been working over there maybe, but with zero experience very risky.

vCash
    They lost Paul Skenes and Dylan Crews. Those were massive losses that you just don't replace. Skenes was basically an automatic win against everyone's ace every Friday. If he won 8 games on Friday and then they went 5-5 on Sat and Sun that's 18 wins right there. Anything better than that and they're almost a lock for a National Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    LSU goes to ark next week. Is the natty curse of the last 2 seasons alive and well?
    Potentially. Especially if they get swept by Arkansas. They might rebound against Vandy. But then they have Tennessee in Knoxville. I expect them to lose at least twice to Arkansas. If they lose the Vandy series we'll see if the wheels come off or not. They do have Mizzou on the road and that helps and I think they have a chance to win series against Ole Miss, Alabama, and Auburn. I'm guessing they end up winning between 13-16 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I'll tell you as a middle infielder my whole life, when I was stuck at third a couple times I absolutely hated it. Angles are different, balls come off the bat different, just a different animal. If he had played it before and been working over there maybe, but with zero experience very risky.
    I've always heard about the reaction time. Not to mention as a third baseman you have to master barehanding balls that are slowly hit on things like bunts and stuff like that. It takes a lot of work to be good at it. It's a different animal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've always heard about the reaction time. Not to mention as a third baseman you have to master barehanding balls that are slowly hit on things like bunts and stuff like that. It takes a lot of work to be good at it. It's a different animal.
    Totally different. The reaction time is a huge difference at third. Playing third is more like being a catcher, ball gets there in a hurry lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Totally different. The reaction time is a huge difference at third. Playing third is more like being a catcher, ball gets there in a hurry lol
    Well, that is probably one big reason why I have seen several former catchers moved to third base. Probably an easier transition.

vCash
    We are more competitive this year, but we've GOT to win the close games.

The SEC record could still be insufficient if we can't finish and nail down Wins

Win at least 2 outta 3 at home, and avoid getting swept on the road. And zero 10-run rule defeats.
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 03-25-2024 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Chance is hitting five points higher than Cupp. Cupp obp is 7 points higher than chance.
    But chance is slugging over 100 points higher.

If we're going to play Mershon at SS and Larry at second, the guy who needs more looks at DH is Stevens. Limited opportunities, but his numbers are off the charts.