Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We came out of college station with one win

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    People were worried we would go 0-9 or 1-8 to start the SEC- we are sitting at 3-3 and in a good spot heading into next week. We are ranked.

If you arent happy with baseball right now- you just choose not to be. As far as Parker goes, he has done a good job but this was what was expected out of this staff this year. I've been saying it for months. Parker even said it himself- "most talented staff he has ever coached"
    Yep. Texas A&M has the second best team ERA in the SEC right now. We scored more than their average allowed in two of the games and almost matched it with the Mopoleon ump show today. It was also our first road trip and without our ace. We handled it OK overall.

vCash
    People were worried we would go 0-9 or 1-8 to start the SEC- we are sitting at 3-3 and in a good spot heading into next week. We are ranked.

If you arent happy with baseball right now- you just choose not to be. As far as Parker goes, he has done a good job but this was what was expected out of this staff this year. I've been saying it for months. Parker even said it himself- "most talented staff he has ever coached"
    This is 100% correct!

vCash
    I think we can say we're a top 25, maybe top 20 team. Good enough to steal a game or series vs anybody if we come in particularly hot, but also we can drop a series vs unranked teams.

All in all we're better than I thought we'd be, but still not at the "State level" of competing for hosting.

If we get into the Host conversation I'll be happy with keeping Lemo. If we aren't in the hosting convo BUT win a regional, I'll be happy with keeping lemo. If we continue to look like a top 25 team and playing hard, I'm fine with keeping lemo even if we get bounced as a 2 seed, but I'm not excited about him coming back in that case. Remember this is an "up" year in the cycle, next year we will likely be worse.

Watching Montgomery tee off on us really added insult to injury. We HAVE to be able to get an extra elite player from the Portal to add to the home grown talent, and Lemo failed. So I'm probably being more negative overall than I should be because of that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I think we can say we're a top 25, maybe top 20 team. Good enough to steal a game or series vs anybody if we come in particularly hot, but also we can drop a series vs unranked teams.

All in all we're better than I thought we'd be, but still not at the "State level" of competing for hosting.

If we get into the Host conversation I'll be happy with keeping Lemo. If we aren't in the hosting convo BUT win a regional, I'll be happy with keeping lemo. If we continue to look like a top 25 team and playing hard, I'm fine with keeping lemo even if we get bounced as a 2 seed, but I'm not excited about him coming back in that case. Remember this is an "up" year in the cycle, next year we will likely be worse.

Watching Montgomery tee off on us really added insult to injury. We HAVE to be able to get an extra elite player from the Portal to add to the home grown talent, and Lemo failed. So I'm probably being more negative overall than I should be because of that
    Losing Dakota Jordan and Hunter Hines will hurt more than anything. But I think our pitching will be much better.

Fri- Stevens?
    Sat- Loftin
    Sun- Loo

Really need a RHP that is elite to start. Hopefully Parker can land someone.

Closer- Forsythe
    Set-up Dotson
    Wild Card- Makhai Grant coming off of Tommy John. If he is healthy he could be the elite RHP we need. It's going to be interesting to see how they use Stevens next year as a true dual position guy.

C- Highfill?/Spalitta/Transfer
    1B- McKenzie
    2B- Mershon
    3B- Transfer or Henry Allen
    SS- Cupp

LF- Chance or Aaron Downs if he comes back as a senior
    CF- Dante Nori- elite freshman who should start day one next year
    RF- Stevens

vCash

Shame Lemon couldn't pickup a RH bat out of the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I?ve figured this out about Lemon and it may end up being what gets him fired at some point:

It?s not that he couldn?t get another bat in the portal- he was committed to Trout/Downs. This explains some of the moves they have made. Lemon basically said it himself back in the Fall.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I?ve figured this out about Lemon and it may end up being what gets him fired at some point:

It?s not that he couldn?t get another bat in the portal- he was committed to Trout/Downs. This explains some of the moves they have made. Lemon basically said it himself back in the Fall.
    Well u nailed it. This ain't the first he has done things like this.

vCash

Yeah. With baseball in the portal you just have to try to get the best guys possible and then figure it out. That said- he was certainly willing to take Montgomery which would have without question sent Downs and Chance to the bench.

We'll see if a better season helps us to land better players like that or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Or a LH bat. Of course we have Stevens hanging out in the dugout.

vCash
    Night and day difference from last year to this year.

We competed. Aggies have lost 3 games all year. We are one of those 3. We DRILLED an LSU team that is a top 10 team, for sure.

We are in the mix. If you can't enjoy watching us compete, which we have, it is a YOU problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    That?s all I could expect. Now get atleast 1 next weekend in Gainesville and I?m satisfied. Come back home and win 2 against Georgia. We are better than I think most folks thought. We are a 2 seed type tourney team. Much improved over last year.
    If we're truly good, we should win the UF series. Taking one at TAMU was fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Going on the road and taking one from a top 10 team, w/o your best pitcher, is considered acceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    I'm interested in this line of thinking. Florida is ranked ahead of aTm, and they won a home series vs aTm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm interested in this line of thinking. Florida is ranked ahead of aTm, and they won a home series vs aTm
    K
    Florida going into today’s game are 13-9. No way should they be ranked so high at least today. They are beatable as we are.
    I am hoping we win the series agaist them. Lemonis is in year 6, too many on ED making excuses for him. I’m not big fan of him, I just want us to go into each series with confidence and thinking we will or can win. Btw, 3-3 is ok, I’m not mad about where we are, I just want us to be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    K
    Florida going into today’s game are 13-9. No way should they be ranked so high at least today. They are beatable as we are.
    I am hoping we win the series agaist them. Lemonis is in year 6, too many on ED making excuses for him. I’m not big fan of him, I just want us to go into each series with confidence and thinking we will or can win. Btw, 3-3 is ok, I’m not mad about where we are, I just want us to be better.
    P.S. just because I’m not a big fan doesn’t mean I want him to be fired or lose games. I’m all in for MSU Baseball. I have seen many MSU baseball games home and away.

vCash
    The past couple of seasons have made some fans soft. Posts on here happy with taking one game this weekend, hoping for just 1 game against Florida. I get that is baseball reality, but at some point, I would like our national championship HC to actually parlay into a team with as much talent as we are playing against.
    It should be ok on here to both be surprised at 3-3, but also wonder how we have not developed since the title run compared to the top of the SEC teams raising the bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The past couple of seasons have made some fans soft. Posts on here happy with taking one game this weekend, hoping for just 1 game against Florida. I get that is baseball reality, but at some point, I would like our national championship HC to actually parlay into a team with as much talent as we are playing against.
    It should be ok on here to both be surprised at 3-3, but also wonder how we have not developed since the title run compared to the top of the SEC teams raising the bar.
    A lot of fans thought we would be 0-6 in SEC play at this point and that we would be following Campbell baseball as much as MSU baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    A lot of fans thought we would be 0-6 in SEC play at this point and that we would be following Campbell baseball as much as MSU baseball.
    Campbell coach has an eye for talent and can evaluate, so he should still be a person of interest.
    As much as we say look at us at 3-3, at A&M they could be saying that second game was a loss due to one swing by Hinds, and their second baseman screwing up an easy double play.
    Not sure many though we would be 0-6, but most were just hoping for 1 win each series which is sad that is the best we were hoping from Lemonis after this many seasons.
    We came out of the first 6 games basically 1 game better than expected, and that was with some help from the Aggies.

What I am seeing is a gritty fun team to watch, but at the same team looking at Lemonis as this is the best he has built on his own, compared to the talent stacked on other teams.

vCash
    Campbell coach has an eye for talent and can evaluate, so he should still be a person of interest.
    As much as we say look at us at 3-3, at A&M they could be saying that second game was a loss due to one swing by Hinds, and their second baseman screwing up an easy double play.
    Not sure many though we would be 0-6, but most were just hoping for 1 win each series which is sad that is the best we were hoping from Lemonis after this many seasons.
    We came out of the first 6 games basically 1 game better than expected, and that was with some help from the Aggies.

What I am seeing is a gritty fun team to watch, but at the same team looking at Lemonis as this is the best he has built on his own, compared to the talent stacked on other teams.
    I can’t disagree.

vCash

Schools have runs and enjoy them. We were never going to be some juggernaut that is Omaha or Bust. Thats unrealistic. Shit- even LSU has learned that lesson.

We had a run and then the constant chaos at HC caused recruiting to slip some. We have leveled things out and will be back in the Tourney this summer. Up to Lemon after the season to pull some portal guys to fill holes. He keeps recruiting well. Tough luck our best freshman arm went straight TJ surgery. It happens
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is